The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Here's a surprise: Leader Class Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime are now available at specialty hobby shops in the Philippines. I went to my local hobby shop and the owner told me that they both came out first in Hong Kong. He had one on display, waiting to be custom painted. I tried my luck transforming it, and sad to say, this was the first time since ROTF Optimus Prime that I had to read the instruction manual for this. The reason being was that I didn't figure out how to properly fold the arms for car mode. While the transformation is impressive, there is a lot of dead space inside the front end, as the arms are crammed in the passenger compartments.

And even though both figures are now available, I'll wait a couple of months, as stores are asking for Php 3,800 (roughly US$87) for each.

The Nimoy news sounds great. And I hope Bay isn't just spewing marketing crap about how there's more depth to the characters this time around.

Although...with time...ROTF has grown on me...kind of look at it as a bit of a goofy live action super-robots flick using real robot aesthetics ...

We'l see...

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Dark of the Moon Deluxe Bumblebee over a month ago. At first, I wanted to hate this figure, as I had perceived it as a severely dumbed-down version of the awesome Battle Blade Bumblebee from the 2010 Hunt for the Decepticons line. Out of the packaging, it lacks heavily in colors due to it having less parts than its predecessor. So I did what most others would - paint it.

Upon grabbing my paints, brushes and screwdriver, I realized that this figure is easier to disassemble than last year's. Unlike the Battle Blade version, each leg on this one needs only three screws and does not use any annoying rivets (except on the wheels, of course). I put two coats of Mr. Color #33 Flat Black on the yellow parts (one coat on the gray parts) before topping them with a coat of Mr. Metal Color #214 Dark Iron. Once the Dark Iron dried, I took a toothbrush and polished the parts.

As a result of the paint job, DOTM Bumblebee looks much better. There's still a lot more work to do on this figure, but here are some pics.

dotmbumblebee01.jpg

dotmbumblebee02.jpg

dotmbumblebee03.jpg

Here's a comparison shot of the 2010 and 2011 Deluxe Bumblebee figures.

dotmbumblebee04.jpg

The Allspark was launched 12,000 years before. The Ark was before the current Autobot-Decepticon war. The IDW's DOTM prequel Foundation suggest Sentinel Prime was the founder of the Autobot faction.

Those ships are likely designed by Ryan Church who also designed the Nemesis in ROTF and the Narada in Star Trek.

Nemesis-ROTFonsomeplanet.jpg

Even the interiors are organic vs mechanical between the Nemesis and the Ark.

TheFallen-ROTFNemesis.jpgvlcsnap-00015.jpg

What is intriguing is that both the Nemesis and the Ark carried the respective faction founders and crashed on different moons.

Are the Autobots going to leave Earth?

From one clip months ago the US congress wants them out but the UN general assembly wants them to stay. So this could be early at the movie or at the end.

Seems Optimus is angry because they weren't told about the Ark. The Ark carries their founding father Sentinel Prime. That and they are screwed since the Ark may contain a Space Bridge able to bring the Decepticon army to Earth from Cybertron.

edit:

vlcsnap-00172.jpg

Gents its official its a NASA shuttle. As long as its not either named Independence or Freedom.

vlcsnap-00067.jpg

Somehow the Ark reminds me of the Defiant concept art.

USS_Defiant_concept_art.jpg

Edited by RedWolf