Official Minmay Guard Thread =)

Kicker773

I figured that we needed a thread like this. Everyone knows these valks exist, but not a lot has been posted. Maybe to stay away from yamato producing it in a 1/60 scale. Who knows, but I figured it was time to let it out of the box. I wasn't sure if it belonged to the model section/custom/or toy section, but I figured no one would mind if I started it here. i don't think there was a thread that was just all MG's for models or toys. So I'll start it off. Feel free to add any MG pictures on here, but make sure the owners are ok their images being posted.

DSC01701.jpg

Let the insanity begin!

I'm happy this thread was created, because I can ask the following dumb question that I've been too embarassed to ask before:

Is the Minmey guard a fan custom? Or did Yamato actually make some of those for exclusive/limited release?

Pete

I believe the Moon Guard was produced in 1/72 scale officially by Hasegawa as a VF1S Strike Battroid Moong Guard Model Kit

and the Paris Guard was never produced as a kit, but the decals were made available in 1/72 scale by Model Graphic/Hasegawa but it was not a complete decal set (missing the decal set for the FP and other parts for the valk). Paris Guard A Paris Guard B

Awesome choice for a thread Kicker!! Are both those beautiful VF-1S Minmay Guards yours? If so, your a lucky guy!! B))

Yep they are, actually they are only a part of a squad. I'm still waiting a Minmay figure from a friend to be finished to complete my MG shrine. I'm at work at the moment but will post more pics of the MG pictures I've collected over the years.

I am so hoping they do not create these in the new 1/60th scale. Awesome customs Kicker! Lucky fella you are!

me too, i want these in 1/60 scale!!!!

if Yamato makes these, it will be impossible to resist. (just don't make them exclusives!!!)

thanks Kicker for sharing. ^_^ more pics if possible... :)

EDIT - edited after re-reading MM's very selfish post, lol :lol: ...j/k :p

Edited by m0n5t3r

me too, i want these in 1/60 scale!!!!

if Yamato makes these, it will be impossible to resist. (just don't make them exclusives!!!)

thanks Kicker for sharing. ^_^ more pics if possible... :)

EDIT - edited after re-reading MM's very selfish post, lol :lol: ...j/k :p

Very selfish indeed! :lol: As much as I like the new 1/60's I am still a diehard 1/48 fan at heart. Even though Yamato never made any exclusive MG Valks, with anasazi's 1/48 decals and a good customization job you truly get an exclusive. Here's hoping Yamato sleeps on the MG's for the new 1/60's. ^_^

Uh, did you mean you hope they DO create these in 1/60? I really hope they do, I'd be all over that.

I won't be too disappointed if they are made in the new mold. I actually have a strong inclination that Yamato will commission a company to create a limited number of both. Cancel all the silly exclusive weathering Valks. This truly would be worth shelling out the extra cash for in my opinion. I love these in battroid mode and they would look kick ass in the new VF-1S mold.

I hope they come out in 1/60 just to piss off MacrossMan with his silly 1/48 fetish. :lol:

I'm honestly not a fan of these, they're just too busy looking. the moon act is particularly... flamboyant. If it makes everyone else happy (except MacrossMan) that's fine, but there are a LOT of schemes and variants I'd rather spend my money on first.

I really hope that the MGs would be released. I won't mind to pay for yet another round of magazine-exclusive for a 1/48 version!

Does Yamato have the license for these? If so, they should release both the 1/48 (magazine-exclusive maybe, because with the 1/60 v2 they may not sell as well) and 1/60. Just like the Max and Kakizaki 1As, they have the things issued in a relatively close time frame.

Milk the mold!

P.S. MJ is still my King of Pop.

Just did some quick checking up in the MW Gallery. There's a few more Minmay Guard sets than the ones I'm gonna re-post here. But I figure most folks can check it out for themselves.

Links to the ones created by the Three 1/48 Custom Masters:

* Jung's MG

* Anasazi's MG

* Kurt's Moon Act MG

Someone even made a 1/55 Minmay Guard! :blink:

Sadly, no one has tried to make a Joke Machine Minmay Guard just yet.

Edited by Mog

=) I have a couple that can dethrone the king =T w/out a TH =)... TH is still on the works :lol:

But awesome none the less.. thanks for the addition.. I had pics of it but I was waiting for the owners to perhaps chime in.. glad it made it on here

Edited by Kicker773