Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Alright so I've been emailing Joseph Tsai (Tokyo Hunter) and with shipping to me he has given me a quote of 16,500 yen. 13,000 yen is his quoted price without shipping for those not in Nor-Cal. I have of course asked his permission to post this here. Check out his page if you want (here). I have not yet used his service so I can't really review and/or critique it but I've seen him recommended on several occasions on other boards.

Now I'm going to have to decide if I want this just to leave it white and because of the exclusivity of it. Obviously it's not worth all the associated cost just to repaint the damn thing. Not too much time either...

I got the Fan Racer through Tokyo Hunter (Save contacted me with Joseph) and the service was top notch!!!

I'll get this cause it's a VF-1S and I like the idea of an all white valk ^_^ I'd like to get some confirmation about the color of the canopy frame because the promotion pics are badly photoshoped and if you look closely all are inconsistent.

I remember a v1 1/60 VF-1A that mac world member Datterboy painted all white, and it looked really good.

Ok guys, I have a little problem with my VF-1S low viz. I opened it to check it out and already I saw two stress marks behind the cockpit/bottom of the chest area on both sides! WTF?!?!? It wouldn't bother me as much if this valk was white, but it's friggin grey so you can see the stress marks clearly! Damn it! Now how can I get a replacement chest piece?

And can somebody check if the BC1 part number on the 1/48 chest piece is the same part number on the v.2 1/60's? Let me know please! Thanx!

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Here's a sneak peak of the extra decal sheet that will be included for the upcoming unpainted VF-1S:

194-1.jpg

That is frickin' sweet! I hope they release other VF-1's that are unpainted. This could be very dangerous for my wallet. It has not had time to recover all year!

meh on the sticker sheet... what's the point, have a cheap ass sticker version of a nice fully painted version for 10 bucks less? If they're gonna do a sticker sheet I'd rather it be stuff like the minmay guard, or a camo scheme, something interesting, not just a mix and match of the same old 4 colors schemes.

meh on the sticker sheet... what's the point, have a cheap ass sticker version of a nice fully painted version for 10 bucks less? If they're gonna do a sticker sheet I'd rather it be stuff like the minmay guard, or a camo scheme, something interesting, not just a mix and match of the same old 4 colors schemes.

+1, it makes no sense at all since all the schemes in that decal sheets have been released. I will only drool if they have these schemes, but I doubt that.

lm_decal.jpg

lm_paris_decal.jpg

jl_clrvalk_2.jpg

I really want to see some of these schemes...

jl_clrvalkmac_1.jpg

I still want my VF-1 VF-1. ^_^

I'd be happy with any markings based on late 70's F-14 squadrons tho. I saw a VF-142 Ghostriders scheme once, and it looked absolutely perfect on a valk.

Has anyone tried using 1/72 F-14 markings on a 1/60 VF-1? They might not be too far off in size.

Edited by Chronocidal

it's so cool that they are releasing this. Its like they have a tap to my brain. Hmmm... I wonder if they tapped in when i had a nightmare that the SDF-1 would be $2300.

Damn. So true. I still can't get over that price.

I know it's not really Macross, but I did always like the Jetfire scheme. This would be great for such a custom.

That sure is good news! Hope my local dealer will have pre-orders soon!

If the prices are good, I should get at least 2!

Me too! :lol:

I don't know. Should I stock up in case when people come up with good decals, I have a canvas valk to put them on? :huh:

Me too! :lol:

I don't know. Should I stock up in case when people come up with good decals, I have a canvas valk to put them on? :huh:

Actually I was thinking about it as well....and I have reahed this conclusion: I won't mind stashing up though if the prices were good. I can keep them as canvas as you said, to wait for nice decals by 3rd parties, OR, I can simply take like 5 of them and put them in a series of static poses to show off the transformation process like the suspended 1Js shown together with the US$2300 SDF-1 ^_^

But of course. IF the prices are good.

Edited by BlueMax

I'd love to get a ton of these and repaint them all fancy... I guess maybe if I get one a month... after all the M&M stuff has blown over, and I have all the other valks I want. I'd love if they offered this with a full set of heads.

I seriously want some of these in standard squadron markings.

Barring a huge collection of these tho... I'd love to get a hold of several of the decal sets. They'd make good backups in case any tail markings get worn off by fast packs. <_<

I see stickers/decals for the canopy frame!!!!

That means this bird is going to be totally unpainted (I wonder what the color of the feet/thrusters will be)

I'm so getting this :lol:

Er...the picture here shows the cockpit, intake covers and feet/thrusters in standard grey colour.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10102594a3/20/3

Still, for the price, I don't mind getting a pair to paint in Misa/Minmay Guard schemes. I guess my Yamato boycott is over. :)

Edited by blacklotus

Possibly, but the photos shown are just photoshopped pictures and even then, they are pretty inconsistent. Just note the anti-glare infront of the cokpit. Some pictures they are painted, and in some they just aren't, so don't take as the 'shopped pics are 100% accurate to the actual end product.

Possibly, but the photos shown are just photoshopped pictures and even then, they are pretty inconsistent. Just note the anti-glare infront of the cokpit. Some pictures they are painted, and in some they just aren't, so don't take as the 'shopped pics are 100% accurate to the actual end product.

Ok. Thanks for the hope. I prefer an all white unpainted VF1S myself. But if they come with some grey parts like cockpit frames and thrusters, I wouldn't mind. It may be that these parts are molded in grey plastics, and wouldn't make any sense for Yammie to paint them white and call it an "Unpainted version" :)

Edited by blacklotus

Ok. Thanks for the hope. I prefer an all white unpainted VF1S myself. But if they come with some grey parts like cockpit frames and thrusters, I wouldn't mind. It may be that these parts are molded in grey plastics, and wouldn't make any sense for Yammie to paint them white and call it an "Unpainted version" :)

Ah... I get what you mean... as in the thrusters should be colored instead of white... yes I believe so as well, but exactly what color remains to be seen... as in the the CFs had brown, while the rest had grey. While it is more likely to be grey, we cannot be too sure. As for the cockpit frame, the black/ gray lines running along/ across, good chance they won't be painted , since the decal sheet includes the decals to mark them

Suddenly I remember in an expo Yamato displayed some cute girl decals. So they have been planning it all along! Right, Graham?

But personally I would prefer the canon character decals. Give me the decals of Minmay, Misa, Claudia, bridge bunnies, I'll buy all those decals and canvas valks to put them on.

I don't know why when I think about new decals, it's all about girls but not just patterns and colors. The Minmay Guard and Macross Frontier model decals have educated me well.

This. I'd love to see VF-22's, VF-11's, ETC all blank with custom sticker sheets. That would be awesome.

It's a start, they will bring out a whole range of white un-painted valks, and sell the custom stickers out to us, fun for all!

SOLD, as if i had to say it.

i think you can try get the 1/72 minmay guard model kits.. =) maybe ard the same size..

1/72 decals is close but not actually correct especially the kite logo for fastpack and cockpit, but I think you still can use the minmay graphic on legs though it's slightly smaller. I have the sticker in front of me and I am looking at the 1/60.....

I am really hoping someone will come up with a real 1/60 custom decals soon.

I preordered 2 of them. And, from what I remember, the Minmay guard 1/72 scale decals fit really well on the 1/60 v. 1 Valks, can't vouch for the v.2. However, I have 3 or 4 sets of those decals left, and two kits of the Hase Minmay guard, so I'm gonna look around if these aren't done and available, and see how feasible it is to use those decals, or mod them, and have someone print them. Man, where is Anasazi when you need the best decals? I'll be doing both Minmay guard customes, as they are both in white, and will require minimum painting. PLEASE YAMATO, MAKE TONS OF DECALS AVAILABLE FOR ORDER EVERYWHERE, PLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!

It would be great if they release more snow white princess like vf-11*, vf-2*. But for vf-1, I personally think 1s is enough. It will be a good idea to include other heads in the 2nd release: not only save their cost, but can hugely increase the selling amount.

Vi-RS's reply inspires me a lot. Preordered also in such a condition: attractive price + decal is roughly OK.

Anasazi seems quit for a long time. I remember a couple of weeks ago his thread was digged out. However, from his reply it seems that the talented bro does not have enough interest in a short run for decal making. Currently using 1/72 minmay decal might be the only choice.

Edited by gwfalcon

Anasazi seems quit for a long time. I remember a couple of weeks ago his thread was digged out. However, from his reply it seems that the talented bro does not have enough interest in a short run for decal making. Currently using 1/72 minmay decal might be the only choice.

Yeah, it does seem the only choice. My wife works for a graphics design firm, so I'm gonna scan one of the Minmay Guard decals, and see how much enlarging they'll need, ans see if it's possible to get them printed on decal paper with a printer that does white printing. If I can get it done, I'll take some orders, but I'm not a decal expert, so however the coating and all goes to make them, you'll probably have to do those on your own.

Yes... but his reasons for not making them is not so much of he isn't interested than the fact that he doesn't have a version 2 to go with. Also with ALPS printers' support and supplies not available outside Japan since 2007 means he has to carefully ration the printer usage.. thus he he unable to do it for us anymore.