is yamato done with the Mac Zero line?

arrow

They aren't, VF-0D is on their short list, so they will probably release some Macross Zero toys in the meantime. Some of the Japanese etailers still have the SV-51's as well as VF-0A's with plenty in stock, Yamato is probably just waiting for the right moment to release another Macross Zero toy. My guess is that we will probably see a VF-0A with fixed arms later this year, in fall, if the A's on shelves in Japan right now start to become scarce in summer.

They aren't, VF-0D is on their short list, so they will probably release some Macross Zero toys in the meantime. Some of the Japanese etailers still have the SV-51's as well as VF-0A's with plenty in stock, Yamato is probably just waiting for the right moment to release another Macross Zero toy. My guess is that we will probably see a VF-0A with fixed arms later this year, in fall, if the A's on shelves in Japan right now start to become scarce in summer.

Yes, I really wish Yamato would re-issue the VF-0A with fixed arm. I prefer the grey color scheme over the Focker one. Knowing Yamato, I guess it's only a matter of time.

should they ever reissue an OS or an OA with fixes,

i hope they clearly differentiate it from the previous

release ones. not just the box, like an additional tampo

print or something. don't want some unscrupulous

sellers switching the contents of the boxes.

Hopefully Kawamori will let them go with a anime-accurate colored VF-0A this time around too....I prefer the grey one with Wolfpack stickers, but I know some of you prefer the anime version, and I think it should be released sometime.

Hopefully any future Macross Zero release has a smaller box of a new design, so that you can definitely tell it's from a later production run with all the fixes.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I agree with everyone. VD-0A with fixes would be great, followed by the VF-1D then it's totally complete.

And of course the armour set. :) Oh yes, and those cool Destroids with wheels. :)

Yip, the gray colour schemes are the only way for the VF-0. :)

Yep the fixed VF-0S has been released--- but the packaging is the same as the old ones. The only way to be sure is to ask the retailer, as even HLJ has a few reports of shipping out old stock when the order was for new stock (re: VF-25DX thread).

I want a VF-0D and i don't care if it comes with QC issues i'll buy it anyway becuase of the stunningly good looking fightermode. Probably the best fightermode in all of Macross in my opinion.

Stop cursing it before its released. Its taboo! :angry:

Imagine if you were wooshing it around and the wing and legs fell out. Would you still not mind QC issues? :lol:

I want a VF-0D and i don't care if it comes with QC issues i'll buy it anyway becuase of the stunningly good looking fightermode. Probably the best fightermode in all of Macross in my opinion.

With the fixed VF-0S that they just re-issued, I think the VF-0D should be fine-- at least we shouldn't see exploding shoulders I think ^_^

If they were to eventually make a VF-0D at least there would be two offerings, Shin's Blue color scheme and the Low Vis. Grey scheme the other trainees used. I'd definitely get one of each.

And as for Yamato i would have alot of respect for them if they just came out and said "YES, the arms are solid & fixed!!! No worries like before".

should they ever reissue an OS or an OA with fixes,

i hope they clearly differentiate it from the previous

release ones. not just the box, like an additional tampo

print or something. don't want some unscrupulous

sellers switching the contents of the boxes.

+1

I think I got a VF-0S first or second issue repack, not as sturdy as it was supposed to be ("third" (?) issue had some cushioning for the tailfins, that's it). No other way to tell them from the "first" issue, supposedly a floopy mess.

This one I have doesn't feel sturdy, so I am not sure if i got one of those unscrupulous repacks.

Roy's VF-0S w/Ghost Fighter is your best bet. Also I read if you order a VF-0S from Over-Drive they'll make sure you get the latest re-issue, which is supposed to be trouble free. otherwise the others are crap shoots. Evens Shin's 0A w/Ghost is a 50/50.

Like I said if Yamato does anymore VF-0's. I'd rather a different looking or redesigned are system that is fool proof and have them say it out loud, For $200.00 and more a fighter. I want to know from the Company its fixed, not rumors or speculation!!

I imagine the next releases for Macross Zero would be Shin's VF-0A sans Ghost, anime accurate tan VF-0A, GPB-1-esque armor that was on Roy's VF-0S, both bundled and sold alone. I'd really like to see smaller boxes for these too, so we could definitely tell for sure that they are different from the previous solo problem-prone releases. Maybe have the wings swept back a bit, with the missles underneath the fighter in a row, length-wise. That would make for a much slimmer box, and kill high shipping costs. It also has the indirect effect of being in simmilar box size to the v2 1/60 VF-1 and VF-11 releases.

Stop cursing it before its released. Its taboo! :angry:

Imagine if you were wooshing it around and the wing and legs fell out. Would you still not mind QC issues? :lol:

I think if that was the case, he'd just superglue the entire thing together and keep whooshing it =P. It doesn't seem like he cares for the transformation =P

I imagine the next releases for Macross Zero would be Shin's VF-0A sans Ghost, anime accurate tan VF-0A, GPB-1-esque armor that was on Roy's VF-0S, both bundled and sold alone. I'd really like to see smaller boxes for these too, so we could definitely tell for sure that they are different from the previous solo problem-prone releases. Maybe have the wings swept back a bit, with the missles underneath the fighter in a row, length-wise. That would make for a much slimmer box, and kill high shipping costs. It also has the indirect effect of being in simmilar box size to the v2 1/60 VF-1 and VF-11 releases.

Will the armor also fit the 0A?

Can the standalone VF-0's fit the same

box that the VF-1 and the VF-11 came in?

If mean the Reactive Armor, should fit like a glove on either the 0A or 0S, Both are the same design, minus the Head, A VF-0D might be a bit different!!

I actually really doubt that they could cram the VF-0's into the same size box as a v.2 1/60. the VF-0 is the same size as the 1/48 after all. I think you'd need about an extra inch all round added to the current v.2 box.

Well they could place it diagonally like the SV-51 (whihc by the way will likely never get a smaller box :p ) which could buy it a little extra space. I don't know if it could fit however, since I don't have any of the newer boxes on hand to see if it would work oriented that way.

Well they could place it diagonally like the SV-51 (whihc by the way will likely never get a smaller box :p ) which could buy it a little extra space. I don't know if it could fit however, since I don't have any of the newer boxes on hand to see if it would work oriented that way.

it would fit in that you could put the thing in the box, but It would be a VERY tight fit. they'd still want to make the box a bit bigger to give enough room for the plastic tray and to protect the toy.

If mean the Reactive Armor, should fit like a glove on either the 0A or 0S, Both are the same design, minus the Head, A VF-0D might be a bit different!!

That reaction armor has got to be one of the most kick ass accessories and I can't believe Yamato slept on it! Next to an 0D, I'd like to see this released as well.

The reactive armour version would probably come with a new Version 3.0(?) VF-0A/ VF-0S, since the current toys have no way to attach the parts. I guess it could be their 'Revival of Zero' release ;) They could do it in 2012, for the 10th Anniversary of Macross Zero! (Yes I know that's 2 years away, but that just gives Yamato time to make that, and the VF-0D, and the Octos, and the Destroid Cheyenne, and the Monster MkI--- wishful thinking, I know :p)

The reactive armour version would probably come with a new Version 3.0(?) VF-0A/ VF-0S, since the current toys have no way to attach the parts. I guess it could be their 'Revival of Zero' release ;) They could do it in 2012, for the 10th Anniversary of Macross Zero! (Yes I know that's 2 years away, but that just gives Yamato time to make that, and the VF-0D, and the Octos, and the Destroid Cheyenne, and the Monster MkI--- wishful thinking, I know :p)

If those Items could or would be made for a 10th Mac Zero Anniversary, I'll wait & be patient. Plus my Wallet will have more $$$ by then!! :D

+1

I think I got a VF-0S first or second issue repack, not as sturdy as it was supposed to be ("third" (?) issue had some cushioning for the tailfins, that's it). No other way to tell them from the "first" issue, supposedly a floopy mess.

This one I have doesn't feel sturdy, so I am not sure if i got one of those unscrupulous repacks.

eureka!

yamato should tint/coat the canopies

of all subsequent vf-0 releases!

I could see Yamato making a 1/60 F-14 Tomcat like Shin had, I'd buy one, but would anyone else go bananas for one?? B))

If it had lots of features such as movable control surfaces, flaps, landing gear, canopy, multiple different weapon loadouts i would buy one if it was cheaper then the regular VF's.

Shouldn't cost more then a Destroid.

If an F-14 were to be made, definitely it would have to have all the bells & whistles!! Arresting hook, retractable refueling receptacle and of course, Shin & Edgar!! Also unlike the Hasegawa kit, The exhaust shafts must be that of a F-14D, not a F-14A type. 2 different designs.

c'mon people, wake up, Yamato building Macross Zero Tomcats?

Let's talk about an old topic: the SV-51 Ivanov, was there ever really a reissue with wingfold fixed? I mean, they're selling for a lot less than the original price-tag, and my Nora has these sad sagging defective wings (lucky me) that don't lock tight in fighter and ....you get the point.

Thing is, how do I know if the Ivanov is a good or a no good by flipping the top of the box? somebody said if it has clouded canopy it's a high chance you get wings that cannot fold??? I am really tempted at these discount prices...but it's such a risk, damn reissues with no visible markings!