2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The set of 3 Arcade Aliens come out cheaper at Dorkside and even at BBTS with their tax and shipping.  Ordered the set of 3 at Dorkside with 2 loose Skullbusters.

And when will they actually ship them?  They're still on Pre-order there.

It’s alright with me.  I’m in no hurry.  I try to avoid paying someone extra just to get something earlier.  It’s almost $30 more if I bought the 3 on Amazon.  I can use that on another figure.

1 hour ago, Keq said:

Wow it's been 40 years and it still looks amazing to this day Alien ages like a fine wine :)

Agreed.

This popped up in BBC: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190523-what-ridley-scotts-alien-can-tell-us-about-office-life

It totally reaffirmed my interpretation that the "Alien" title is as much about the xenomorph, as it is about the environments (ship/planet), and especially the relationship between the crew.

1 hour ago, Keq said:

Wow it's been 40 years and it still looks amazing to this day Alien ages like a fine wine :)

True...time to pull out the Blu-Ray this weekend, turn out all the lights, crank up the surround and return to LV-426 me thinks...

I still haven't seen those Alien short films. Hopefully they are really good to wash out the garbage of The Predator.

I don't know if anyone posted this amazing collection here.

Edited by JetJockey

8 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I still haven't seen those Alien short films. Hopefully they are really good to wash out the garbage of The Predator.

None of them are really good... but only one of them is garbage.  :unknw:

On 6/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, sh9000 said:

7A060F5E-8758-41C2-8458-FCFFC9F646F7.thumb.jpeg.de0c2bbac426e6a4c4548fed8963f463.jpeg4C8E651C-61C9-49A8-918D-6B80979C31E6.thumb.jpeg.3e09442628c124665c052bf024730ca6.jpeg

these opened for preorder today at 1pm at the NECA store. I couldn't login to PayPal on my phone browser and missed it. took 13-15 minutes to sell out.

these and the other exclusives have more stock released at 1pm New York time Thursday and Friday.

you need to buy the Batman v Predator and Aliens vs Superman as a US$120 bundle. apparently will not be sold beyond SDCC 2019.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

You GOTTA get the original Alien Queen.

Well, that's the easy answer, obviously...

queenie.thumb.jpg.6d558276c4ecd3dde215a9eb422f7bd9.jpg

...but I assume he meant "warrior" Xenomorph, as opposed to a chestburster, facehugger, or any other representation of the life-cycle (not to mention variants like the neomorph, queen, "newborn," "Predalien," or "Deacon").

Of course, that still leaves numerous options...

Xenomorphs.thumb.jpg.7ebca16a90c7d39a822ab5c4209923fb.jpg

...without even considering battle-damaged variants...

1249528880_battle-damagedvariants.thumb.jpg.ddcd902ef92ff9d81b6ba242f0112001.jpg

...film or toy concept variants...

concept.thumb.jpg.a08b5e324d2395835852c80409042bf4.jpg

...or comic and video game variants.  :unsure:

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

What would you say are the "go to" option that are 8-12" tall?

I think you'll have to be more specific.  I mean, the typical Xenomorph drone has appeared in seven films over the past four decades, and every single film has redesigned the suit...

film-specific.thumb.jpg.117e7b21baaa5276499f48481df999e1.jpg

...and between Kenner, Aoshima, McFarlane, NECA (and several other manufacturers), there are several competing versions from each film.

Some have a preference based on the quality of the film they represent...

...some have a preference based on the aesthetics of a particular design...

...and some just gotta have every variant of every figure from every film!  :p

28 minutes ago, tekering said:

...some have a preference based on the aesthetics of a particular design...

Definitely a "warrior" or "drone" Xenomorph. The kind you would have seen in Aliens. Just your basic generic Alien with good detail and substantial size. I would like to be closer to the 12" side of 8-12" tall.

I'll only be getting one for my display case so I'm going for top shelf here.

Thanks guys!

18 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Definitely a "warrior" or "drone" Xenomorph. The kind you would have seen in Aliens. Just your basic generic Alien with good detail and substantial size. I would like to be closer to the 12" side of 8-12" tall.

In that case, I'd recommend you hunt down this version:

generic.thumb.jpg.9e99a683d068b4d2c1c5b8663c4ef810.jpg

The "AvP2" warrior design incorporated elements from Giger's original Alien, Cameron's redesign for Aliens, and the longer appendages from the later sequels... and, since it's neither blue, nor green, or brown-tinted, it's about as "generic" as a Xenomorph figure can be.  It's also the largest of NECA's drones at this scale.

4 minutes ago, tekering said:

In that case, I'd recommend you hunt down this version:

generic.thumb.jpg.9e99a683d068b4d2c1c5b8663c4ef810.jpg

The "AvP2" warrior design incorporated elements from Giger's original Alien, Cameron's redesign for Aliens, and the longer appendages from the later sequels... and, since it's neither blue, nor green, or brown-tinted, it's about as "generic" as a Xenomorph figure can be.  It's also the largest of NECA's drones at this scale.

Thank you sir!

How tall is this dude?