• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, this series just took a considerable step down in quality.  "Night Shift" was much weaker than the previous entries, both creatively and technically.  The actors were less than convincing, the dialogue was poor, and the production design was cheap and ugly; in fact, this one looks like it was produced for a mere fraction of the budget for the earlier shorts.  The camerawork, lighting, and editing were equally amateurish, nowhere near the level of craftsmanship demonstrated by the first two episodes.  

What happened?  :huh:

There used to be a really good ALIENS style motion tracker app on the Google store but isn't there anymore, most likely because its not supported anymore. See below screenshot. Thankfully I still have the apk and it works fine on my Pixel 2. Send me a PM if you want the link for the apk, I can share it from my Dropbox account.

eTyOdeB.png

Well, "Ore" was much better than the earlier short; predictable, unoriginal, and ridden with clichés, but an improvement nonetheless.  The acting was more naturalistic, the lighting more evocative, and the setting felt very real this time.  

I'd recommend "Ore," certainly over "Night Shift."  <_<

Edited by tekering

On 4/14/2019 at 11:00 PM, fenrir72 said:

After Covenant what next? You mean to say David was the cause of all of this?

it would explain why the company already seems to know about zenos and has employs so many skin-jobs to ensure they finally bag one (which they apparently did in Alien 4). Seriously, all the colony expansion crafted by W&Y? They are not trying to create the Inner Sphere or the Star league or the League of Non-Aligned Worlds: They are bait for David (perhaps the engineers as well, maybe even the Yuanti?).

On 4/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, TehPW said:

it would explain why the company already seems to know about zenos and has employs so many skin-jobs to ensure they finally bag one (which they apparently did in Alien 4). Seriously, all the colony expansion crafted by W&Y? They are not trying to create the Inner Sphere or the Star league or the League of Non-Aligned Worlds: They are bait for David (perhaps the engineers as well, maybe even the Yuanti?).

They didn't bag one in Alien 4. What they did was reconstruct the xenomorph dna from clones of Ripley taken from dna samples when she was examined on the prison planet in Alien 3 after she was infected.

Unfortunately the group doing it(Weyland Yutani is out of business at this point) can't get clean samples of either Ripley or the Xenomorph and their genetic traits are mixed. Hence we end up with superhuman xeno-ripley with acid blood and a queen with a vagina that gives birth to live young... Ugh.

5 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Hicks sounds kinda old... Some studio should take the initiative to make a animated version of this script as I doubt we'll ever see it live action.

Edited by TangledThorns

On 4/28/2019 at 5:51 PM, TangledThorns said:

Hicks sounds kinda old... Some studio should take the initiative to make a animated version of this script as I doubt we'll ever see it live action.

not to mention the acting all sounds flat from everyone, but maybe cause it's a preview. I honestly was hoping Cold Forge would of gotten an audio drama not a different take on Alien 3. But I'll buy it anyways.

25 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Can't wait to get NECA Dennis Parker and Samuel Brett.  Bring on more from Alien and Aliens.

Wow that likeness!  I'm assuming that it's an artist/sculptor that created the face since doing a facial scan is out of the question.