Banpresto Klan Klan is here!

regult

I was happily surprised to find this figure in Hong Kong today. It wasn't properly packaged, some had serious QC problems (missing hairpiece, shoe bow, unglued leg, paint smudges...basically, these were "back door" products from the Chinese factories, but I gave it a shot and although my legs are pretty detached, I think I can fix it. There were some paint transfer and here and there, but with a bit of enamel thinner with a cotton bud and common eraser on the acrylic paint parts and pretty much the smudges are gone.

Here are some pictures to share. I guess those who pay the price for a properly packed and QCed product will be amazed how pretty this figure is. This is my first fixed pose feminine figure bigger than a a Gashapon and I can't wait to fix it. Would love to get the helmet, but...at this price?!?

post-9400-1238274146_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1238274214_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1238274258_thumb.jpg

sorry, forgot to rotate the pictures...it's 5am and had a long saturday...the 10 cm Alto is for size comparison., she's taller than a 1/72 Bandai VF-25 by over a head. I need a Michel figure the same size as Alto and I'd be a happy collector!

Can you tell me more about these "back door" products?

they're illegal bootlegs. sometimes they're Rejects that didn't meet QC and were supposed to be thrown out, and sometimes they're regular products taken off the factory floor by workers, either way they're stolen merchandise.

I'm so jealous right now, the klan I ordered from overdrive isn't going to ship for another 4 days :(

:edit:

OMG her boobs are awsome... :drools:

Edited by anime52k8

It looks great! Hmm... one head taller than the DX VF-25 is bigger than I expected though. I wanted to pose Klan with the VF-25G!

He said a head taller than the 1/72 (ie, the model kit), which would put it just slightly slightly taller than the DX, which should be about right.

Vostok 7

Sorry for the late reply, forgot to state the price: HK$320 I paid, didn't even bother negotiating with the shop owner because I was searching inside the cardboard box among around 9 klan figures, all damaged to a certain degree, and NONE had the helmet (*notice mine has an empty right hand??). The process took around 30 mins and that wears off the patience of any (Hong Kong) shop owner.

These "back door" products are not my favorite, as a fellow mwer said, they're most likely stolen from the factory either way, so in a way, they're worthless (like samples, they have no "price tag" for the manufacturer)...the only reason I bought it was because she's Klan Klan, she's not chibiklan, and I missed the chance with overdrive and will never get it with 800 Yen in a Family Mart in Japan.

Here is a comparison picture with my assembled 1/72 VF-25F. Notice she's actually taller by a head or so (you need to exclude the stand she's on. I think she's still a bit oversized for the DX, I am kind of more comfortable with the Alto/Klan scale, with means she'd need to be significantly smaller than the VF-25G she slaps on the head, and thus never be able to wear the super pack...anyway, bless anime magic!

(edit: spelling)

post-9400-1238343927_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

Not sure if this question should go here, or I will maybe post in the model/customization forum, does anyone know what's the best glue for this kind of figure? I need to re-attach the left leg, seal a seam on the right leg, and glue in the left chunk of hair. Maybe some of you here know what materials these are made of: hair is rubberish but the legs seem a bit more stiff/brittle.

Help me fix this beautiful figure!!!

I was happily surprised to find this figure in Hong Kong today. It wasn't properly packaged, some had serious QC problems (missing hairpiece, shoe bow, unglued leg, paint smudges...basically, these were "back door" products from the Chinese factories, but I gave it a shot and although my legs are pretty detached, I think I can fix it. There were some paint transfer and here and there, but with a bit of enamel thinner with a cotton bud and common eraser on the acrylic paint parts and pretty much the smudges are gone.

Here are some pictures to share. I guess those who pay the price for a properly packed and QCed product will be amazed how pretty this figure is. This is my first fixed pose feminine figure bigger than a a Gashapon and I can't wait to fix it. Would love to get the helmet, but...at this price?!?

Re: the second picture: It seems to be about the right scale with a micro-human?

Imagine Klan Klan is playing swing with Alto... Hmm, why not compare with Michael instead?

I like Klan Klan in the show. However, it's too big for me to display it, and also my wife would certainly complain. Hey, I don't like her (just) because of her boobs!

edit: I typed "tight scale" in the 1st sentence.

Edited by ff95gj

Re: the second picture: It seems to be about the tight scale with a micro-human?

Imagine Klan Klan is playing swing with Alto... Hmm, why not compare with Michael instead?

I like Klan Klan in the show. However, it's too big for me to display it, and also my wife would certainly complain. Hey, I don't like her (just) because of her boobs!

Simple, I don't have the Michel figure yet...and I don't think I want the one with the school uniform anyway, looks nothing like Michel! Looking forward to a flight suit SMS squad.

And the boob problem is persistent in the regult household too....ms. regult was complaining about me having such an aberration of female breasts displayed on my desktop.

Did your Klan come with the helmet she's supposed to be holding in her right hand? I don't think it's a bootleg, more like a factory defective one maybe. Either way, you're the first I know of to have one. Good score. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

Did your Klan come with the helmet she's supposed to be holding in her right hand? I don't think it's a bootleg, more like a factory defective one maybe. Either way, you're the first I know of to have one. Good score. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

As I said earlier, no, I didn't get the helmet and none of the 8 or 9 figures in the box I was searching through had a helmet, so I guess they didn't make it through QC and got to the underbelly of Hong Kong retail. I knew what I was paying for, so HK$ 320 seemed reasonable for sth not so easily found in the retail market. I think this is half what you pay for ordering from Overdrive, and anyway, I missed the preorder dates twice!

By the way, the white and light blue SMS stand for the "secret" Sheryl and Ranka figures was there too, I was offered one but I chose the black "M" instead.

(edited for clariy and some spelling, should really check before posting!)

Edited by regult

So since is a bit too big for the 1/ 60 and even bigger for the 1/72 would anyone tell me how big/tall should Klan,Klan be for the 1/72 scale. Is it there a size spec on this Meltran?

So since is a bit too big for the 1/ 60 and even bigger for the 1/72 would anyone tell me how big/tall should Klan,Klan be for the 1/72 scale. Is it there a size spec on this Meltran?

There was a discussion about this somewhere and even a diagram done by a fellow mw'er of Klan with super pack and Michel's VF-25G side by side...but I cannot recall where that was.

Honestly, I think the face is fine, looks like Klan before battle...at least it looks better than that chibi-klan released last year.

I need advice from those of you who have experience with these type of figures...is it resin, ABS, or what? I need to fix the legs (boots) and "pony tail" (they're detached!). Details on the breakages are here. Thanks in advance for the input!

I have found the earlier discussion about here size here in MWF.

I don't know why some of the members keep bashing the figure's head sculpt?? I think it's pretty good, but then again if I had paid the full price of the properly QC'd figure, I'd be more critical? Not really. Here goes a pair of pictures of my now repaired figure.

post-9400-1238570822_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1238570833_thumb.jpg

I don't think the face sculpt looks too bad (honestly it looks like how her face looked in the show), I'll wait till it's in my possesion until I pass final judgment though.

speaking of which overdrive sent a shipping notification email so it should be here soon. I think I'll try my hand at a photo review once I have it (expect lots of PVC boobies ^_^ )