With all those remakes of Exia and 00, they should now make the O Gundam !

They already made an 0 gundam, it was really meh but it was all that design really deserves anyways. The need to make some of the designs that get no premium figure love as of yet. Give me a Gundam Dynames with repair parts and I'll love Bandai forever. That and some GN-X.

I really love Metal Build Exia. It's so much better than the MG kit. (MG Exia's ankles are so loose it, needs the stand arm to counterbalance the sword or it'll fall flat on it's face).

8875000035_64c757e3e8_b.jpg
GN-001 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr\

8875613682_218330631e_b.jpg
GN-001 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

I really love Metal Build Exia. It's so much better than the MG kit. (MG Exia's ankles are so loose it, needs the stand arm to counterbalance the sword or it'll fall flat on it's face).

I love mine too, this past Sat I finally decided to put it in Repair III mode all my parts fit good.

Did you get your replacement shoulder from BBTS?

I love mine too, this past Sat I finally decided to put it in Repair III mode all my parts fit good.

Did you get your replacement shoulder from BBTS?

Yep, I swapped it back to Season 1 form for that picture but It's been in on display in RIII mode since I got the part in on Saturday. Honestly, when I originally decided to get this I had minimal interest in the RIII parts, but now that I've got it in hand it's grown a lot on me to the point where I thing RIII is my favorite version of the design.

Toys.

So anyways, This is something that would absolutely never happen, but I think the single best use of the MB Exia mold would be to make some sort of Metal Build Astraea.

GNY-001_-_Gundam_Astraea_-_Front_View.jp

Love the Metal Build Exia too, was stoked to see it re-released so I picked up a second copy. Happy.

Should add that I don't think I've ever watched a full episode of any Gundam series, but I love cool toys and mecha designs, and this one certainly qualifies.

-b.

8928820532_5ef543bac2_b.jpg
lil' Gundam by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Daw, it's like a little tiny baby Gundam. I've owned a lot of Gundams, from MSIA to Metal build, but this is my first HCM-pro. it was marked down to 500 yen on HLJ so I threw it in with a couple RG model kits.

Also,was Metal Build 00 Seven Swords incredibly short printed or is it just insanely popular compared to everything else? I was looking on Amazon today and they've got MB Exia, MB Freedom and GFFMC Unicorn all for retail price with prime, but the cheapest MB 7S is $560 form a third party seller. :wacko:

I'm thinking about ordering MB Freedom BTW. :unsure:

Amiami had their preorder up today, and I missed it by a few minutes. Was checking out and it went out of stock. DOH!

HLJ have it also, but ¥2000 more. After private warehouse shipping with my Macross Chronicles it'll still be a bit more than Amiami. Ahh well...

what are we talking about?

:edit:

oh, right, Exia R1. It's order stop right now at HLJ, too

I just threw in a Preorder at BBTS, I don't know if I'm actually going to go through with it, but I've got until October to decide and their pre-order is like $3 more than HLJ and will have cheaper shipping too so we'll see.

Edited by anime52k8

8928820532_5ef543bac2_b.jpg

lil' Gundam by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Daw, it's like a little tiny baby Gundam. I've owned a lot of Gundams, from MSIA to Metal build, but this is my first HCM-pro. it was marked down to 500 yen on HLJ so I threw it in with a couple RG model kits.

Also,was Metal Build 00 Seven Swords incredibly short printed or is it just insanely popular compared to everything else? I was looking on Amazon today and they've got MB Exia, MB Freedom and GFFMC Unicorn all for retail price with prime, but the cheapest MB 7S is $560 form a third party seller. :wacko:

I'm thinking about ordering MB Freedom BTW. :unsure:

The 00 Seven swords was released sometime in 2010 I think and it lingered at sites like BBTS for awhile and then stock eventually just dried up. I can only guess that when word got out that the metal build series was kickass that's when people started gobbling them up.

Freedom gundam is good, but not great. The quality control on the paint wasn't as high as the previous releases. One dude's freedom gundam had the face and eyes painted and assembled in the wrong direction. :o

I threw in a pre-order at BBTS also, I happen to check my e-mail first thing this morning and BBTS sent me a notice that it was available. On Items like this it's actually not that bad in price due to the cheaper shipping. How much was it at Amiami? I would guess express shipping from Ami would be anywhere from the upper 20's to upper 30's.

I personally like my freedom, maybe I got lucky with all of the metal builds I have. I actually thought the QC was somehow better on these than the DX Macross toys until I read that some had QC issues on them here in the forums. I like the metal builds so much that I even ordered the 00Riser even though I have the seven sword+Riser setup already. I figure I can display the seven sword and the 00 Riser version together. I still think its a shame that Bandai did not completely re release the Riser combo set with the seven sword gear, basically omitting the seven sword from the package.

Edited by Loop

The other good thing about ordering through BBTS is that I'll have a month after it comes out in japan to check out in hand reviews and decide to cancel more order if they don't fix this:

FIGURE-000318_10_zpsa93b4ca4.jpg

Really Bandai? For one the R2's butt flaps aren't even of the same design as the R3's, and the least you could do is paint them the right way and not have A GOD DAMN "001R3" decal smack in the middle. :angry:

Edited by anime52k8

I personally like my freedom, maybe I got lucky with all of the metal builds I have. I actually thought the QC was somehow better on these than the DX Macross toys until I read that some had QC issues on them here in the forums.

Given my luck on Exia, if I were to buy a MB Freedom it would probably have something ridiculously wrong with it.

I like the metal builds so much that I even ordered the 00Riser even though I have the seven sword+Riser setup already. I figure I can display the seven sword and the 00 Riser version together. I still think its a shame that Bandai did not completely re release the Riser combo set with the seven sword gear, basically omitting the seven sword from the package.

Yeah, if they actually had the seven swords parts I'd be all over 00Raiser bundle. I actually like the 0 Raiser in of it self and I would like to have the GN sword III, but I just can't stand the look of the 00 Raiser combo. the 7S is really the only 00 setup I like.

Maybe Bandai is just saving the parts for a Seven Swords/G in inspection colors http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GN-0000GNHW/7SGD2_00_Gundam_Seven_Sword/G_Inspection

(A guy can Dream Right :rolleyes: )

How much was it at Amiami? I would guess express shipping from Ami would be anywhere from the upper 20's to upper 30's.

Amiami had MB Exia RI up for ¥11150, and from past purchases, EMS shipping to Australia for my MC Gundam Origin was ¥3360.

I still think its a shame that Bandai did not completely re release the Riser combo set with the seven sword gear, basically omitting the seven sword from the package.

I didn't even know they had removed the Seven Sword gear! That is a kind of a kick in the nuts...

Well if anyone wanted to buy the Tamashii Nation exclusive Special Marking 00 Raiser Gundam and trade it for my Seven Swords 00 Gundam, I'd be interesting in a straight trade (depending on shipping cost to send to each other I suppose). I probabaly shouldn't though, since I already got the glare from my wife while I was preordering Exia RI.... :(

decide to cancel more order if they don't fix this:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/supra8600/FIGURE-000318_10_zpsa93b4ca4.jpg

Is it the colour of the back skirting armor? It's suppose to be all white without the blue parts right?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110215033251/gundam/images/thumb/4/48/GN-001REII_-_Gundam_Exia_Repair_II_-_Back_View.jpg/300px-GN-001REII_-_Gundam_Exia_Repair_II_-_Back_View.jpg

Edited by eggy99

colors are wrong, R2 should be all white, no blue. But the sculpt is also wrong. The R2 doesn't have that little tab that sticks up out of the top of the red plate in the middle. also the square blue thruster part shouldn't stick out of the white part so far.

colors are wrong, R2 should be all white, no blue. But the sculpt is also wrong. The R2 doesn't have that little tab that sticks up out of the top of the red plate in the middle. also the square blue thruster part shouldn't stick out of the white part so far.

Hope it's just a mix up on the prototype. If I was buying a 2nd one for display as R2 variation I'd be more upset, but I could only justify 1 purchase and display as R1. Cross fingers it gets fixed though.

Looks like that whole component is just the R3 armour part and they got lazy, since the pic is suppose to demonstrating the gimmick of the GN drive.

It is also wrong in these pics too.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=136150#more-136150

The new stand base looks quite cool though.

Oh man, Amazon finally got some Robot Damashii Aries figures in; and only a month and a half after it came out in japan. <_<

at least I've got prime shipping so it'll be here tomorrow. :p

Edited by anime52k8

YAY!!! ROBOT DAMASHII ARIES IS HERE!!!

8964514333_a4544fc682_b.jpg
Aries by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

8965707150_231f22796c_b.jpg
Beautiful Butterfly by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

I love Gundam Wing bad guys. :wub: (probably should have had Space Leo in there too).

8965708514_ec5f3b1087_b.jpg
Organization of the Zodiac by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Oh yeah, and MB Exia is still awesome as can be. B))

8964512965_14bf06135c_b.jpg
I am Gundam! by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah I am still loving my exia, I did find a defect though. My PVC V fin to replace the hard plastic one is warped on one of the points, kind of like the DX chogokins with the soft plastic head lasers. No biggie though as I don't plan to use it.

When I get my R1/R2, I really wanted it for the R1 mode so that how it will stay. There is no way I get 2 of these, my main focus is Macross and I got a ton of pre-orders hitting me in the coming months.

I've never owned a toy with PVC parts that didn't have something on them warped. I'm just glad that Bandai throws in some ABS parts. Personally, I'd love to have two of each MB Exia so I could have all 4 variants in a line, but that would be so impossibly expensive.

Is there a particular order I should watch Gundam in? I just started watching the one with the Exia in it.

The only gundam shows you should watch in order are the UC era series, Mobile Suit Gundam (the trilogy movies), Zeta Gundam, Chars Counterattack and then Unicorn Gundam. Other shows in Gundam usually work on their own or happen in completely different universes from the main stories (like 00 Gundam).

Is there a particular order I should watch Gundam in? I just started watching the one with the Exia in it.

that's gundam 00. it's in it's own continuity separate form everything else so just watch each season in order then the movie last.

G gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam X, Turn A Gundam, Gundam SEED/SEED destiny, and Gundam AGE are each self contained continuities as well so you can watch which ever of those that interest you in whatever order you want.

The shows that have continuity together and have a certain order you should watch them are shows in the Universal Century timeline.

With UC stuff I recomend watching the fallowing in this order:

Mobile suit Gundam (series or movies)

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (series)

Mobile suit Gundam ZZ (series)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (movie)

Everything else UC draws on some combination of these 4 for their background, and are beyond that self contained enough that you can watch them in whatever order you want.

Yeah, thanks for that list. I'm also a guy who knows jack shi*t about Gundam! I only see designs of bots I like and I'd buy them on that alone. Digging a little deeper when I have time would be nice. Where does 0083 fit into all that? I remember some bots from 0083 that looked really cool...

Edited by xrentonx