Oh one last thing, you can and should skip ZZ gundam if you get into the UC series. While true that it is part of the continuity and gets better halfway through, the first half of the show is proven to make people go insane :D . Also rawr irrational hate!

Edited by dizman

I'm a big fan of the storytelling in 0080, as well as the attempt to bridge 0079 with some of the later series (IMHO, it wasn't until 0080 that we really began to see a realistic and up-to-date RX-78 design).

As for designs, Sentinel is the crème de la crème, yet to be out-done. I really wish they had made an OAV series out of that rather than Unicorn.

Yeah, thanks for that list. I'm also a guy who knows jack shi*t about Gundam! I only see designs of bots I like and I'd buy them on that alone. Digging a little deeper when I have time would be nice. Where does 0083 fit into all that? I remember some bots from 0083 that looked really cool...

As mentioned, 0083 is a retroactive bridge piece between 0079 and Zeta. it does provide justification as to why the Titan's (the main antagonist force in Zeta) were formed and it had lots of cool looking stuff, but IMO it was one of the least interesting Gundams from a narrative and character standpoint.

Oh one last thing, you can and should skip ZZ gundam if you get into the UC series. While true that it is part of the continuity and gets better halfway through, the first half of the show is proven to make people go insane :D .

Ignore this, ZZ Gundam is both an integral part of the UC timeline and a legitimately good show in it's own right. It just get's a lot of irrational hate for having a lighter tone than zeta or 0079.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished 00 Season 1, 2, and the movie. I have to say that I really enjoyed them. Looking forward to watching more of them and maybe getting some toys.

• 4 weeks later...

frakk... BTW, I Payed something like $150 shipped for my first release Unicorn. I DO NOT want to see this go for more than $200.

Honestly though, I'm way more interested in future releases form the Metal Build line; I really want to know what will be coming out after Exia R1. MB Justice, Destiny and 00 Quanta are all things I'd be really interested in.

Well, most of us saw this coming, but I think the gloss coat they chose is a bit weird, and I can't wait to see that $250 price tag :D

Oh, BTW, the original GFFMC Unicron had a pearlescent gloss finish to it. I think it's just more noticeable on the Banshee because it's dark blue instead of white.

Yeah, I see what you mean anime, but it REALLY stands out on the banshee, to the point where it might as well be coined a prism coat finish version. I actually think going matte or semi-gloss would have been the way to go with this release.

Hope the underlying orange works well with it though.

Metal Composite Banshee confirmed price: 20.000 yen.

Blegh. Gonna wait and see what the BBTS/Amazon price ends up being.

:edit:

and I can't find an English language sites picking up on that price so... :unsure:

Edited by anime52k8

I guess it kind of makes sense since Banshee is always more expensive than the base Unicorn in every line for some reason. apparently the arm weapons add a bunch to the final cost. :(

One thing I hope they do is include a better stand connector piece. I have no idea what the point of that clear rod the unicorn came with is but it sucks. I want a proper arm and bracket capable of supporting aerial poses.

Decided to skip this one. Would have preferred Banshee Norn. Why not included all the parts so we can choose normal or Norn configuration.

RRP ¥20,000 too much for me right now. Even Amiami price wasn't enough to sway me.

Probably release Norn configuration next year. I'll have more money then.... But I think I'll be saving for 2x Arcadia YF-19 v2 at that point. Hehehe.

Wonder when they release Unicorn in the green psycho frame configuration. If they do, I hope they fix the knee articulation. It's quite limited on the current MC. Actually I wonder if its also limited on the upcoming MC Banshee. I'd imagine the models are almost identical?

Regarding Metal Comp and Metal Build: I think only difference between MC and MB GFF lines is MB comes with much better stands where as MC usually just has a plaque. The Unicorn stand was pathetic. I used an Action Base 1 instead. UC is always MC, while everything else is MB. Exception is 0 Gundam which was MC line and wasnt very good. I've got grey version and its only okay. Limited articulation, minimal accessories. Should have come with wings of light. :p

I don't see the point. it's not like they'd be any cheaper, more available or better engineered under the metal build name.

I don't have a lot of GFF Metal composites to compare to, but it seems the Metal build series toys are heavier and provide a lot more metal in the build like in the arms and the legs. I am not necessarily looking for cheaper or more availability, but a higher quality build. As far as engineering, the Metal builds have serious pose-ability and articulation compared to say the GFF Metal composite RX-0 especially in the arms and the knees. I feel the stands are better on the Metal build series toys too. They look better and allow more dynamic aerial poses. Is it just me that feels this way? I always felt the Metal build series was a step up from the GFF Metal composite line.

As far as diecast and articulation goes, the MB figures have so far had the advantage of all being non-transforming figures so far. particularly in the RX-0's case, being in a different line is not going to change the fact that the Unicorns transformation and basic design just don't allow for for the same metal content and potability that something like Exia or Freedom can achieve. And as for stands, the RX-0's sucked even compared to the other figures in the GFF line.

So has anyone used GGinfinite? not really the price I'm looking for, but they do have the pre-order open for the Banshee. Looks like they ask for payment up front, but the release is pretty far out. Not sure I feel like paying up front. Anyone know of any other sources for this?

I'd just wait it out. HLJ and Hobby Search haven't even listed it yet. Also, bbts and amazon have gotten the last few MB and GFFMC releases at comparable prices to Japanese retail. Amiami always seems to have the smallest preorder stock, and I doubt that this will be dx chogokin level hard to get.

Bbts had both versions of metal build exia for less than HLJ after shipping.

Yeah they did actually now that I think about it. I may just end up using them again. Did they ever fix the problem you had with your Exia?