• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I suck at modeling, I have to rely on metal build/gffmc goodness for my collectible needs :D

LOL! If even I can build a Gundam, so can you. It's basically snap the parts together, panel line, and spray an ungodly amount of matte clear on it, and you're done. ;)

Won't take more than a day or two, unless you're really fastidious.

Mmmmm. First RD Epyon (real, original Epyon) and now RD Tallgeese:

About god damn time. Seriously, how do they release a web exclusive repaint/minor remold of a figure a full year before the retail version comes out?

still, I'm happy because I can always use more Tallgeese in my life, and because they're including the eagle crest on the shield.

• 1 month later...

How big is a GFF Unicorn? (And do the armor panels hold tight when they're closed, or do they get sloppy over time?)

it's 1/100 scale. I haven't transformed mine back to unicorn mode in a while but I remember it being pretty solid for most of the panels. The only parts that gave me any issues where the waist extension and butt thrusters which tend to collapse closed. also, the waist section is molded in clear red and painted grey so be careful of paint chipping.

Other than that one section it's much more stable than the MG kit.

(everything on the shelf are MG kits except for the unicorn).

post-4286-0-22675300-1354932888_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten (but not yet opened---Xmas) my first Robot Damashii figs---Wing Zero (TV) and Sandrock (TV). I mainly got the Wing Zero so Epyon will have something to fight (plus I got rid of my 1/100 kit years ago). Sandrock (TV) has always been a fave of mine, but unloved by just about everyone else---it never got a 1/100 kit, and I'd bet that even if every other TV-version gets a new MG eventually, it wouldn't. (and the EW version of Sandrock is my least-liked of the EW redesigns, it's the only one I think is much worse than the original)

I would have preferred it be the original season 1 Sandrock, and not season 2 with the extra thrusters. (yes, the differences are subtle, but there---and the old MSIA was the season 2 as well, I was hoping this time Bandai'd do season 1)

Seems I missed out on the Kirks version of the Zaku I Sniper, and I definitely won't pay inflated prices for it, so I'll just wait for a Desert Gelgoog or something instead. (I do love desert-camo Zeon stuff)

Wow, where have I been? I didn't even know the Sandrock had been released yet. I just picked up the RD Altron and still haven't opened it or my NU or Sazabi due to all the Transformers I've been buying as well as drooling over all the recently announced Ka Signature Xi Gundam.

How common is panel-lining RD figures? I think at least the thruster openings etc could use it on my Sandrock.

Also--anyone else think Wing Zero (TV) is assembled backwards, wing-wise? If you swap them left/right, it works so much better when transformed--and seems to offer more posing options in MS mode. I can't see any reason to leave them as-is, even though it matches the official promo pictures etc. They're completely symmetrical except for which side the balljoint cut-out is---and swapping which side that ball-joint is on seems to make them work better in every way.

Is this the first Aires ANYTHING? I mean, the Leo at least had a resin kit and the old MSIA. But Aires?

http://gundamguy.blo...-oz-custom.htmlouinn2H7QW_QOIEscxjZwg.jpg

HOLY F**KING crap!!! ARIES!!! Have I ever mentioned that Aires is my favourite MS ever? This had better be a mass release.