For those waiting for anything from GFF/N/MC here's Gundam the Origin version. Not sure if it's just a recolor of GFFMC RX-78 ver.ka or entirely new. It seems to have some new weapons.

ver.jpg

RD OO Qan[T] Quantum burst mode; webshop limited.

1.jpg

And new RD announcement: Tallgeese III. After Wing Zero now this...hopefully all EW suits too.

1.jpg

For those waiting for anything from GFF/N/MC here's Gundam the Origin version. Not sure if it's just a recolor of GFFMC RX-78 ver.ka or entirely new. It seems to have some new weapons.

ver.jpg

definitely some new molding from the ver. Ka. not sure if it's entirely new though.

ver.jpg

Thanks for the news, I was about to ask if anyone knew something regarding the GFF MC series!!! It's a new sculpt, definitely on my buy list :)

I prefer the Ka version rather than say the MG ver 2.0 anime RX-78-2.

Well to keep the 00 Gundam in fashion I present to you all the METAL BUILD 00 REVIEW.

Sculpt: The sculpt of the MB 00 Gundam is fantastic. The proportions have a very strong muscular build to them and it really translates well to the 00 gundam. All of the colors have been properly sculpted and painted in. Did I mention this figure is almost fully painted? That's right no crapshoot here, no sir, Bandai put a little extra effort in this one. Anyways, moving on to the tampo printed markings all over this piece, let me just say its quite nicely done with a rather asymmetrical look that overall fits in with the 7swords edition of the 00 gundam.

Articulation: There are tons of joints on this figure and all of them are nice and tight. I would say the articulation is better than the HG 00 gundam, but not quite MG level of say the red frame, but nevertheless pretty much all of the joints you want to move are there. My only complaint is I wish there was possibly a tilting joint in the midtorso and possible another joint in the neck. The possibility on the neck is still quite good for a single ball joint, but it could of used a bit more range of motion. Other than that this thing is pretty well dayum articulated.

Metal Content: This thing is called "metal build" right? right? Where the #$%^ is the metal bandai? Just kidding, this guy is quite heavy. The feet are metal, ankle joint, calve frame, knee joints, hip joints, crouch area, elbow joints, midtorso frame and finally the swing bars holding the GN drives are metal. Even though this guy isn't 70 or 80% diecast it still has a wonderful heft and in no way feels cheap.

Accessories: So what do you get with this guy? Well you get a pretty neat stand, that's fully adjustable with locking positions to pose the gundam in tons of flight poses. You get 4 spare pairs of hands. The hands are nicely painted and sculpted. However, getting the two GN daggers in the proper hands can be a bit of a challenge. He comes with two beam sabers with 2 pink beams, the buster sword, the GN long and short sword, 2 GN daggers and finally two of the infamous "spatulas" to replace the GN long and short sword if you so desire. Can the metal build hold the buster sword with one hand? Well the answer is yes and no, yes he can hold it, but it's a little unstable and I wouldn't recommend you have him in a pose with the buster sword in midair for very long. Alternatively, you may use the stand Bandai provides for you if you want to use the buster sword as a sword. Finally you can also convert the GN short and long swords into their respective gun modes. Oh and of course the buster sword can also act as a huge shield. It attaches securely and has never once popped off. Cool right? Finally you get the two new parts to make the normal 00 gundam.

Things to look out for: Even though the buster sword can be attached securely, it does make the gundam lean to the left a bit. Now the torso and waist joint are made of metal so I don't think it will break, but it is putting a bit of stress on those joints. Furthermore, the peg on the GN long and short swords that connect to the skirt armor might come undone, its a minor problem, but it gets annoying when the peg gets stuck in the skirt armor. Finally, since this piece is almost fully painted take care in posing because if you a little too rough you might chip some paint.

Overall: This thing is beautiful, its heavy, its got tons of accessories and its dayum fun to pose. There are a few problems here and there, but there really minor. Well thanks for reading. Now go enjoy some pictures!!!

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

A few more pics for fun.

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

He dropped and gave me 20.

IMG_2891.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by SuperHobo

• 3 weeks later...

Riding on RG Aile Strike hype, Robot Damashii Aile Strike is planned for release on September!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The design looks good, it's sleek and that's must be the most anorexic Strike I ever saw.

But then, a bad news that isn't really surprising: Launcher and Sword Striker pack will be Tamashii Web Limited.

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

The same way they did with GFFN Aile Strike back then.

• 1 month later...

Tamashii festival brought us a lot of new info on Gundam-related figures. Photos and coverage here

-Next Metal Build is Freedom Gundam

-RD AGE series (AGE-1 Normal, Sparrow, Titus, and Gafran)

-RD GNX-IV

-RD Gouf Custom

-RD Duel Gundam AS

-RD Buster Gundam

Also, these items that were announced in this month hobby magazine also shown there:

-RD Magella Attack Cannon (limited, interchangeable with RD Zaku II to form Zaku Tank)

-RD Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode] Full Action Ver (slightly bigger with better articulation than previous RD Unicorn)

Metal Build Freedom is a nice surprise ^_^

I do not like the proportions on that Gouf Custom. Especially the shield/weapons. All too short/stocky.

agreed, legs and shoulders are way too fat and the shield itself looks dinky. :(

ap_20110715033535880.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

3 questions for a Gundam NEWB:

1 - how much different is this from the #1004 release?

2 - will this release mark the prices drop a bit on eBay (or other) for the existing #1004 release?

3 - how likely is it we'll ever see an RX-93 or Sazabi in this line / scale / quality?

3 - how likely is it we'll ever see an RX-93 or Sazabi in this line / scale / quality?

I'd kill for a RX-93 or a Sazabi in this line / scale / quality.

Bandai has done the metal composite Psycho Gundam MkII (I have it) which is massive at 1/144. So I guess a 1/100 RX-93 or even a Sazabi could still be possible. If Bandai perceives the demand is there they might actually go for it.

Should be released this month, not sure with the date. Only if you pre-ordered it before, since it's a web-shop limited.

If you are interested in Jagd Arche Gundam, this guy from e-bay is really good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robot-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Jagd-Arche-Gundam-LTD-Gundam-OO-/120764576207?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2142937574524910179

Jagd Arche is cool but I prefer Arche Drei, if Bandai ever release RD of that thing someday. And speaking of limited RD, apparently GNX-IV will be released as web limited. Which is sucks, since logically it should be regular RD with color variant as web limited. Just like Brave; but no, no love for GNX-IV :(

That's pretty much what killed my interest overall in Robot Damashii. The releases I want most keep ending up as web limited or going completely unproduced. (in short I'm still pissed I couldn't get an Advanced GN-X for under $100). :(

The incessant exclusives do suck but Bluefin (Bandai distributor in US) is working on getting some kind of Bandai Webshop equivalent for those in the US. Hopefully it becomes a reality and prices aren't astronomical but only time will tell. I don't know if any of you guys are from GBiA but we've been talking about this on there.

Anyone else get the RD Zaku II?

I have RD Zaku II and it's awesome! It looks much better in person compared to the web images and beleive me it's a joy to pose it.

If you buy (limited) RD Magella Attack Tank, you can make a Zaku Tank. Or using the cannon as weapon for your Zaku.