Also try to get Gundam RX-78-2 The Origin, it's also an awesome figure.

The Gundam Origin was actually the first GFFMC that I ever purchased, and you're right, it was a very phenomenal figure. Sadly, I had to let it go a few months back :(

The origin was a lot smaller than this Unicorn though, but I guess that's due to the actual mobile suit differences than anything else :)

Shamless Plug:

I'm selling the GFFMC unicorn. Found out my dorm room lights cause yellowing on white plastic (from some other figs), so the unicorn is bound to follow.

Got some very fair trade options, many at a loss in terms of value, but i'd rather not see this fig go to waste in my closet. If you're in the market, check it out in the for sale thread.

Shamless Plug:

I'm selling the GFFMC unicorn. Found out my dorm room lights cause yellowing on white plastic (from some other figs), so the unicorn is bound to follow.

Got some very fair trade options, many at a loss in terms of value, but i'd rather not see this fig go to waste in my closet. If you're in the market, check it out in the for sale thread.

I'll trade you a pre-yellowed one and $50 for your minty fresh one. :p

It's kinda small-ish... 1/144 scale.

Yeah, that was my biggest concern. I could get a metal composite zeta plus for around 150, or the rezel for around 100 USD, so it was a no brainer at that point.

Sad, since I really do enjoy the Rezel design. But hey, I like all the Zeta series!

Yeah, that was my biggest concern. I could get a metal composite zeta plus for around 150, or the rezel for around 100 USD, so it was a no brainer at that point.

Sad, since I really do enjoy the Rezel design. But hey, I like all the Zeta series!

Hey me too! I'm a Zeta freak myself too! I actually have all the GFF Zeta Pluses, GFF ZII, GFFN ZII, and the aforementioned GFFMC Zeta Pluses! I'm just missing the actual GFF Zeta Gundam. I got 1 of my Metal Composites at MSRP, and the other at half price...

I never much liked the twin-barreled version of the TV look. I may pass. Give me either original TV single-barrel, or Endless Waltz.

(I'm not very fond of the fact that they did the later version of TV Sandrock either, but that one's more subtle so I accepted/bought it)

I've always preferred the late season twin Gatling gun set up on Heavyarms (the flimsy fold out handle on the single gun version is just silly) and I had no intention of getting Sandrock anyways, So I really don't see any practical reason to pick up the option part set. but then the option part set comes with the beam saber cradle for Heavyarms and that alone makes me want to get it. :(

I posted this in the Robot Damashii thread but that seems to be deader than Bandai's consideration for the consumer so I'll try here. So I just got my first few RS/RD figures...the Leo, Space Leo, and Tallgeese. Are all the RD figures so damned tiny? I certainly wasn't expecting a chogokin or anything but these guys are like blister-pack sized but 4 times the cost. Am I missing something here? I'm a bit confused about how I just spent $60, for example, on this tiny Leo toy and parts. Anyone else feel stiffed by these? I have a few of the early GFF figures and I'm thinking I may just finish Gundam Wing to have a complete set and then go back to GFF or something else. And I can't even imagine how stiffed I'd have felt on the Space Leo if I hadn't been able to order it for only a few dollars over the Tamashii Web price via Amazon Japan...but to pay what people are asking for on Ebay now...I'd blow a gasket to find out I'd bought a miniature gundam figure for almost the retail price of a Chogokin Valk!!!

No, you're the only one.

Next time I recommend watching or reading a few reviews with size comparisons before buying. As for the price the detail, paint apps and accessories (if its a ms that has extra parts) are what make it so much.

Wow...way harsh Tai.

Actually I did. In fact the review on CollectionDX....

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/oz06ms_leo_and_leo_option_set

...was what convinced me to buy. Silly me for not going all the way back to their first Robot Spirits review from 2009 to see a size comparison against a AA battery. I was just surprised by how miniscule these were, it's not like the publicity shots or even the images on web retailers even give a remote hint as to how small these are. But whatever, I'll just stick them in a box for two years and then sell them off to buy some Valks or something worth while when they're oop.

I agree with the Wing Gundam damashiis being way too small. In contrast, the L-gaim damashiis are a tad bigger (by half an inch?), which feels more substantial, leaving me to wonder why they didn't use that size for the gundams. They're supposed to be non-scale anyway, right? Yes, color me disappointed with the size aspect as well. But what they lack in size, they outdo the L-gaim damashiis with more attention to detail. The Altron Gundam is my fave so far, seconded by the Epyon.

• 3 weeks later...

So, has anybody else picked up on this:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/03/bandai-threezero-collaboration-project.html

I'm not familiar with threezero toys, are they somehow related to threeA toys? If so, I wonder if this will be the gundam counterpart to the zaku released about a year ago. I'd be pretty excited if that was the case, as a 16 inch gundam appeals to me :)

So, has anybody else picked up on this:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/03/bandai-threezero-collaboration-project.html

I'm not familiar with threezero toys, are they somehow related to threeA toys? If so, I wonder if this will be the gundam counterpart to the zaku released about a year ago. I'd be pretty excited if that was the case, as a 16 inch gundam appeals to me :)

Three Zero is 3A,but without Ashley Wood. From the pictures it looks like this was one of Okawara's original designs, but this project seems to be in the same vane as that 3A x bandai Zaku from last year.

As for this figure I like the design much much more than that thing Ashley Wood called a Zaku. This design is down right evil, although I'm still getting used to the face and I'm not sure I like the hip placement and awkward looking knees. Some interesting tidbits from the lineart/ CAD art was that it showed an opening cockpit with a small figure being able to fit inside it, now I don't know if that's just concept art or a real function of the toy. Truth be told this will be without a doubt expensive as hell, but quite interesting to look at.

I might purchase this if this is in the same price class as the zaku, and maybe even the same size as well (I can't really tell from the pics). A cockpit with pilot would be a very cool addition, and I'm liking the ancient warrior look with the wing zero - class head design with the goofy elf ears.

You're right though, the knees are a bit funky :p

sorry, but screw double X... MOTHER frakkING RD KSHATRIYA!!!

ROBOT-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Kshatriya_1351192769_zpsc6b7c87a.jpg

also, the Aries formation looks so sexy. I'm going to need an extra Oz aries. (and I seriously hope Noin's Aries isn't web exclusive.)

ROBOT-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Aries-Noin-Custom-02_1351192769_zpsbb7c8543.jpg

Also, East Asian region Leo. I love leo's but dammit, another single leo with option set to buy...

ROBOT-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Leo_1351192769_zps01fe13bd.jpg

and I know I'm in the extreme minority about this, but I'm actually excited for this too: RX-0 Unicorn mode full action version. I really love the Unicorn Mode design but never got around to buying the original version. So now I can get it with more weapons and articulation.

ROBOT-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Unicorn-Gundam-Unicorn-Mode-Full-Action-Ver_1351192799_zps110d0838.jpg

Reviews of Metal Build Exia. My short response: Damn Purty. :) Sadly I have to wait until US retailers get theirs. For now I must drool at the galleries.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51871105.html

http://blog-imgs-52-origin.fc2.com/a/r/m/armedattack/130323a.html

http://schizophonic9.com/re3/metal_exia.html

Speaking of RD Kshatriya here's some actual pics of it.

tamashii_zps02428d74.jpg

tamashii2_zps915830ca.jpg

it's so big... and pretty...

So when can I get an RD Qubeley?

:edit:

also, just noticed the price on metal build exia through BBTS... only $11 up from HLJ right now, and I can combine shipping with a a few other pre-orders I've got coming that month...

Done. :ph34r:

Edited by anime52k8

I like how with the metal build it's all swappable parts to go from regular exia to RII. It should be possible to mix and match parts between the two versions.

Only disappointing part is that you don't get completely separate GN sword/GN sword Kai. I was hoping it would have both and that you could change parts around so as to have Exia dual wielding GN swords.

it's so big... and pretty...

So when can I get an RD Qubeley?

:edit:

also, just noticed the price on metal build exia through BBTS... only $11 up from HLJ right now, and I can combine shipping with a a few other pre-orders I've got coming that month...

Done. :ph34r:

You did the right thing by preordering Exia. B)) Now I hope Kshatriya will be a mass release and be reasonably priced. Which reminds me, I should track down some of the RD zulus and maybe Angelo's custom one too.