Jump to content

Gundam Figure Thread - Newtype GN-002


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Can someone explain the differences between this new MB Strike Freedom and the original version

As most of people here pointed out, it's different color and markings.

Edit: I posted this from the last page for comparison. It's not color accurate but people already mentioned colors are different. Probably one is brighter.

mb_strikefreedom_remarking.jpg

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, chyll2 said:

every metal build should come in that finish. I still do not get why only 00 Line comes in satin/flat finish.

Am I the only one who loves Satin/Flat Finish Gundams? And for some reasons, the only ones I think of would look nice glossy and all are Sazabi, Nightingale, and Banshee. :rolleyes:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Metal Build Strike Freedom [Soul Blue Ver.]

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/item_01.php

I'm loving it now. :wub: 

*snip*

I have to ask myself a question. Do I want to be only mold complete on my MB collection or should I be all in.

I already have the F91 Martin Harrision version ordered because I want to display my regular F91 with the weapon set and I keep tabs on the Heine Westenfluss Destiny version because of some reason I like the color scheme (usually I'm not a fan of the color orange).

Now this one would also fit in my collection so I can have the regular Strike Freedom with the WoL set equipped. Also the Strike Freedom is my number three after the 00 Raiser and the Hi-Nu Gundam.

But that would mean I need to get hold of the 10th anniversary Exia and those Trans-Am variants....

*looks up price of the Trans-Am 00 Raiser*

...this is a bad idea. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I have to ask myself a question. Do I want to be only mold complete on my MB collection or should I be all in.

I already have the F91 Martin Harrision version ordered because I want to display my regular F91 with the weapon set and I keep tabs on the Heine Westenfluss Destiny version because of some reason I like the color scheme (usually I'm not a fan of the color orange).

Now this one would also fit in my collection so I can have the regular Strike Freedom with the WoL set equipped. Also the Strike Freedom is my number three after the 00 Raiser and the Hi-Nu Gundam.

But that would mean I need to get hold of the 10th anniversary Exia and those Trans-Am variants....

*looks up price of the Trans-Am 00 Raiser*

...this is a bad idea. :( 

We have the same dilemma Scyla when I started the MB line. But just so you know, I didn't buy everything. I only focused on Setsuna's suits back then coz the prices were not that crazy prior. Well, except for the first released Seven Swords and the 00 Raiser set. Thankffully they reissued the Seven Swords and I bought the 00 Raiser from a fellow member here. Then I tried to buy the KO Strike Freedom just to see and feel it since I'm not a big fan of the design but a fan of Kira's suits. I started liking it but still not crazy for it. But now, knowing that there will be a re-release, I said to myself it wouldn't hurt to get the original this time at MSRP. Plus the upcoming Strike so in an instant I'm going to complete Kira's suits too. But the thing is is that this figures are getting expensive so I just focused on what I really want. If they decided to release Hi-Nu, I'll get that too since I'm a big fan of Amuro as well. So I also wish there will be an official MB figure for the RX-78-2 in the future. ^_^

And just so you know, not a big fan of the Trans-Am variants so I skipped on those. As for the 10th Anniv version of Exia, I advised myself not to get it, because it will be the only one that doesn't look like the rest of my Exia's. ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan of the color purple so the Trans-Am versions intrigue me but my love for that color goes only so far. :P 

....well the price for the Exia Trans-Am is not that bad and maybe if I save up and cut some other expenses the 00 Raiser would be in reach. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

I'm a big fan of the color purple so the Trans-Am versions intrigue me but my love for that color goes only so far. :P 

....well the price for the Exia Trans-Am is not that bad and maybe if I save up and cut some other expenses the 00 Raiser would be in reach. :D 

That's the thing with the Trans-Am for me. If I purchase the TA Exia, it means I need to get the TA 00 Raiser. :p

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

I have to ask myself a question. Do I want to be only mold complete on my MB collection or should I be all in.

I already have the F91 Martin Harrision version ordered because I want to display my regular F91 with the weapon set and I keep tabs on the Heine Westenfluss Destiny version because of some reason I like the color scheme (usually I'm not a fan of the color orange).

Now this one would also fit in my collection so I can have the regular Strike Freedom with the WoL set equipped. Also the Strike Freedom is my number three after the 00 Raiser and the Hi-Nu Gundam.

But that would mean I need to get hold of the 10th anniversary Exia and those Trans-Am variants....

*looks up price of the Trans-Am 00 Raiser*

...this is a bad idea. :( 

Going all in can get pricy really quick.  They seem to release items more offen now too.   Best to get only the ones you want.  And then theres multiples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the Trans-Am releases. To me it's similar to base Goku and SSJ Goku. :lol:

I only have the Exia TA, but want to get the MC MG 00 Raiser TA too, but just not enough money.

Funnily I didn't get Quanta. I missed the PO and my back up fell through also due to an order mix up with the supplier.

Also would love to own the TM Revolution Heine Destiny. Orange is my fave colour. :p

And still waiting for GP01 and FB upgrade to join the MB family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Am I the only one who loves Satin/Flat Finish Gundams? And for some reasons, the only ones I think of would look nice glossy and all are Sazabi, Nightingale, and Banshee. :rolleyes:

 

I want to clarify. I also love the satin/finish Gundam  and macross toys. Hahah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Then I tried to buy the KO Strike Freedom just to see and feel it since I'm not a big fan of the design but a fan of Kira's suits. I started liking it but still not crazy for it. But now, knowing that there will be a re-release, I said to myself it wouldn't hurt to get the original this time at MSRP. Plus the upcoming Strike so in an instant I'm going to complete Kira's suits too.

So you have the MB Freedom Gundam? Otherwise your Kira collection won't be complete. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

So you have the MB Freedom Gundam? Otherwise your Kira collection won't be complete. ;)

Yes. I forgot to mention it. I bought it from a member here before. ;) 

I really like Kira's suits but for some reasons I didn't dig the re-design they did for the Metal Builds. That's why I didn't purchase it before. But since I already have a second-hand Freedom, and Strike on PO, I'll try to grab of this SF re-release than pay twice or thrice in order to get the original.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Drad said:

Anyone here own the GFFN Aile Strike Gundam? Thinking of picking it up. How does it compare to older Fix Figuration releases?

I had one, but sold it recently. It was much better then std GFF. Less gummy feeling than GFF but not the same premium plastic of Metal Build. It has a completely matte finish. Great tampo and decent articulation.

Personally if you need a 1/144 scale AILE Strike I would wait for Bandai to announce a Metal Robot Damashii AILE Strike. If MRD Strike Freedom is anything to go by it would be very impressive.

The mold of the GFFN isn't great.its a little bit bland all over and doesn't capture how awesome the original design is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My HLJ preorder is still available to any aussie collectors who are looking to secure one.

Selling it at cost (+ fees, GST etc).

I'm worried if I take receipt of it myself it will be too awesome and I won't be able to part with it. LOL. 

Then I'll be forced to sell my MB F91. (It's still in the box! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2018 at 4:25 AM, no3Ljm said:

As most of people here pointed out, it's different color and markings.

Edit: I posted this from the last page for comparison. It's not color accurate but people already mentioned colors are different. Probably one is brighter.

mb_strikefreedom_remarking.jpg

 

I would say the soul blue ver is more anime accurate than its former. Wun be surprised if bandai would release a satin finish and anime accurate ver for destiny later

Lucky i stop collecting gundams cos macross alone is a killer

Edited by recon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gunbarrel looks amazing! Even though I am highly considering selling my MB AILE Strike, I would buy Gunbarrel on it's own because it looks so cool!

<3 Mu

Too bad only P Bandai, so will be really expensive to get it after fees and shipping etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be all over a fully-equipped MRD or Metal Build Akatsuki. Anyone picked up the MRD ZetaPlus C1 ver. Ka? Got mine, but haven't opened it yet.

Damn it, that Metal Build Aile Strike is tempting. So tempting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, F360 said:

I like the new extra Rail-Gun.  Just displaying the Gunbarrel will look nice too.   Since it around 1/100, maybe right next to a hi-metal R ^_^

I'm surprised that it's limited to 2 per customer this time. 

*snip*

If it is limited to two per customer it will be probably hard to get from places like NY.

-_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah definitely a Strike Rouge is a no-brainer. An Akatsuki would definitely be awesome. However, I doubt bandai would make it like the kits and instead give it a full gold paint job instead of chromed parts. But they might do it down the line. That’s probably another 5 year wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prediction: Next P Bandai exclusive will be Skygrasper with Sword and Launcher striker packs. :rolleyes:

Would like to see:
Metal Build Strike Noir and Rouge IWSP

I would not be surprised if Bandai release Tamashii Event exclusive Perfect Strike. :o

Although if they are all priced at ¥24,000 I really can't afford that kind of investment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...