Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Wasn't it said that the VF100 line has already failed which prompted the creation of the Hi-Metal 1/100 line? I'm sure a Hi-Metal line will be decidedly less ambitious in terms of which mechs might appear than the VF100 line was.

Wasn't it said that the VF100 line has already failed which prompted the creation of the Hi-Metal 1/100 line? I'm sure a Hi-Metal line will be decidedly less ambitious in terms of which mechs might appear than the VF100 line was.

Ah, I just assumed that since they started using metal in them, they renamed it. And if they are being less ambitious, why choose the Fire valk over the YF-19? Isn't the Fire valk more obscure/less liked???

Edited by protostar8

Ah, I just assumed that since they started using metal in them, they renamed it. And if they are being less ambitious, why choose the Fire valk over the YF-19? Isn't the Fire valk more obscure/less liked???

How do you figure? Macross 7 had over 50 episodes, a movie, and a sequel OAV not to mention massive amounts of merchandise. That's a lot more than Macross Plus.

How do you figure? Macross 7 had over 50 episodes, a movie, and a sequel OAV not to mention massive amounts of merchandise. That's a lot more than Macross Plus.

Yeah, but they are selling these things to collector's at the $70 price point. I always had the feeling that the community in general hated Mac7? (I don't mean just this board, but the whole Macross fan base in general from the way I've seen people talk about it). Also, I see the M+ valks in other games or referenced all the time but rarely see M7 mentioned. I guess it was just how I was seeing things (which doesn't mean that's how things are, which is why I asked). I like both M+ and M7, though not really into the Fire Valk itself personally.

Yeah, but they are selling these things to collector's at the $70 price point. I always had the feeling that the community in general hated Mac7? (I don't mean just this board, but the whole Macross fan base in general from the way I've seen people talk about it). Also, I see the M+ valks in other games or referenced all the time but rarely see M7 mentioned. I guess it was just how I was seeing things (which doesn't mean that's how things are, which is why I asked). I like both M+ and M7, though not really into the Fire Valk itself personally.

Yeah, you are talking about westerners. Macross 7 was a huge hit in Japan and very popular.

Yeah, you are talking about westerners. Macross 7 was a huge hit in Japan and very popular.

Gotcha. Just figured it must have been a mediocre series with a hit band behind it. I knew Fire Bomber was a hit, just didn't know if the show really was especially with the "no ending" love square thing???? But good to know that the Fire Valk should sell well then. :D

Well was it Fire Bomber that made Macross 7 popular or Macross 7 that made Fire Bomber popular? Probably both. As much as I am loathe to make the connection, it's kind of like Miley Cyrus. Yuck.

Also note that the western concept of romance is not universal and in Japanese culture, the idea of longing for someone is more romantic than actually getting them.

If you ask me, this is pretty similar to the Japanese artistic concept of mono no aware, or the beauty of impermanence. These are both concepts that are very common in Japanese art and pop culture that are not really part of western culture.

Edited by Ginrai

• 2 weeks later...
I always had the feeling that the community in general hated Mac7? (I don't mean just this board, but the whole Macross fan base in general from the way I've seen people talk about it).

Macross 7 was the most popular entry in the franchise until Frontier came out.

So, does that show the head needing to be removed or not? The pics are pretty nice, but I don't see a step involving the head coming up.

Looking really closely at steps 10,12 and 13 it appears the head is tucked inside. I can vaguely see light blue sticking up and down from the black chest part.

Looking really closely at steps 10,12 and 13 it appears the head is tucked inside. I can vaguely see light blue sticking up and down from the black chest part.

Okay. I can maybe see that now that you mention it. I wish my mouse still had the "zoom" function it had when I used xp. Dang Microsoft mouse being incompatible with Win7!!!

looks like the head is still there, but the fin needs to be removed. does anyone else think bandai would be cheap/stupid enough to not include a stand with a jet toy that doesn't have landing gear?

Macross 7 was the most popular entry in the franchise until Frontier came out.

Shows that people like a well designed valk in toy form... even if it comes with a face! :ph34r:

Basically people who don't like Macross 7, dislike it for a few reasons.... kiddified designs (the Einstein with its collosal E=MC square anyone)?... booby valks.... but mostly because of 1 main reason: Basara (and the fact that he sings the same songs all the time in the show!) :lol:

I prefer the green-black color combination actually,

why not coming out a modified version, say with a yf-19 head? Will be much better.

I am also wondering why not directly releasing a vf-4g, see, the kai is actually molded from head to feet, it will not be more difficult to mold a vf-4, sign ~~~

Does Bandai have a license to make a YF-19? I loved the YF-19 but hated the super robot aesthetics of the Fire Valk. Maybe I can finally afford to get a decent looking 19 if they make one in this new line.

Well, they showed the YF-19 in the original advertisement I think (as a silhouette). I figure that Bandai has rights on them.

I don't understand why they closed the other thread about about the 1/100 fire valkyrie. These lumped up threads with everything to do with a line is so annoying. We have other threads dedicated to individual molds or repaints of toys.

Thanks for posting those pics in the thread you created Lanis, I wouldn't have paid attention or gotten updates about the 1/100 fire valk unless you created that thread with the title of the toy in it.

Hello,

I read each post, but didn't see an official statement from Bandai or link to one. (Perhaps I overlooked it, or it was in Japanese?)

I noticed that HLJ temporarily lowered the price for one of the VF100 valkyries, but they do that all the time on hundreds of items to include Yamato, but that didn't stop the production of the 1/60 line. The price went back up again, which indicates they no longer need to entice customers with a lower price.

It's not surprising considering Bandai released 3 different scales of the VF25 at one time.

In addition, Bandai frequently releases variants while the main line of toys continues production, the GFF is a perfect example.

Personally, I would hate for Bandai to stop the VF100 standard line so soon, especially with so many other variants left to produce.

So...is it merely unconfirmed personal conjecture that the VF100 line has stopped and been replaced by the Hi-Metal VF100 line or has a reliable source (Bandai/HLJ) confirmed it to be true?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher B))

Toy companies almost never make official announcements of toy lines dying. Usually what they'll do is just allow employees to say "we don't plan on making more of those" at toy shows. There's still no "official announcement" of the Beagle Ride Armor line being dead so you can hold out hope on that too.

Errr... So is the hi-metal line a part of the VF100 or a completely different line? The last time I checked, Bandai is making VF100 VF-19K... A couple months not checking anything Macross related and this Hi-Metal stuff came out.

Very nice though, somewhat perfect transformable without the price tag to kill my wallet. Still bitter about importing VF100 VF-25... But seeing the pics, seems this Hi-Metal stuff really delivers the good... But I will wait this time.