Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

yupyup! please PM me how you want to meet up. i'm in town this week.

i would've paid 300 to pre-order the ozma armor, but the bit about not being able to guarantee the order will be filled just plain spooked me. i hear too that bandai is only releasing this directly to japanese toy shops and not to other retailers in asia. don't know how true that is, but that is supposedly why stocks cannot be guaranteed and why the price is a bit higher than expected.

LocusHK.com has pre-orders for Amored Ozma ;)

LocusHK.com has pre-orders for Amored Ozma ;)

Hmm... Interesting. I am 100% certain that it wasn't there in March 12 afternoon (I checked before going to pre-order at a local shop), and kind of remember (not sure for this) that it wasn't there too in March 13 evening (think I checked again out of boring).

And the order deadline is March 14...

However, I must say that I bought from them a few times, their service is excellent, in terms of speed and careful handling. The price is right often. I would like to buy from them again.

...And the order deadline is March 14...

However, I must say that I bought from them a few times, their service is excellent, in terms of speed and careful handling. The price is right often. I would like to buy from them again.

Yes, i saw it on march 15 and made a preorder, no problem about deadline, Ernest is the best B))

I appreciate the input from each of you. I must have got a lemon.

If I were to rate the firmness of the groin tab locking on mine on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being "good god I am going to break something trying to get it apart again". Mine is maybe a 1. Possibly a .08. When the tab goes into the hole there is a slight hint of connection being made. But any slight movement or pressure makes it pop out and turn into a floppy mess. I am going to have to do the nail polish trick or get in there and wedge something on each side of the tabs to give it a positive locking grab on the tab.

I figured out what you guys were saying about the hip bars and moving them forward which helps with keeping the intakes from rubbing on the fuseloge.

Sounds like you got the same issue as eriku's on the loose groin peg connection. On mine, based on your scale of tightness, it was around 9 fresh out of the box. Took some effort and care to separate the connection the first couple tries. As I transform it more, it wears a bit, and now stays at around a 7. Still pretty secure and won't pop off unless i have it in a plastic bag transporting it to work or something, then I sometimes found out the peg gets popped off on its own in the bag. But when standing or posing under normal condition, its pretty secure.

The shoulder ball joint is hell of tight when new. Hold on to the block with 5 dots with one hand, then rotate the arm with the other. It will turn, right at where you have the pink arrow.

Edited by mpchi

What's up with these jokers at anime-export.com? They are asking for full payment already although their FAQ say differently.

Their FAQ seems to say that they require payment immediately.

A2.

IMPORTANT! NEW ORDER POLICY PLEASE READ

Unfortunately prices are fluctuating day by day and you need to place an order and pay to secure the price. We will ask for payment right after your order.

You will ask why do I need to do that? It's simple; it’s to protect the genuine customers that actually want a good deal.

As it happens the last year we had many cancellations leaving us with dead stock. To keep the prices down we need to cut losses. We feel that customers that really want the item should not feel that this is an unreasonable request.

Thank you for understanding

Their FAQ seems to say that they require payment immediately.

this is why I still buy from HLJ... I can put in a pre-order and not have to worry about going through a big hassle if I change my mind.

Well this is what they have today before I emailed them about the payment notice.

A2.

We will charge you or ask for the payments not before the item you

ordered is in stock and ready for shipping, there is no need of

deposit or preorder payments in advance (please note that we might

need to ask for deposits for especially expensive items).

Paypal don't even let you complain 45 days after you pay. I think I will stick with HLJ for now.

Already canceled my preorder from Anime-Export, they requested payment this morning. However, they did refund the money very quickly.

So who is the best company to preorder DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25G Messiah Valkyrie?

It all depends if it matters to pay now or later. Both overdrive and anime export require u to pay right away but are a bit cheaper than hlj although hlj doesn't require payment until it's ready to ship. Anime export has it pretty cheap and overdrive is sold out so it pretty much comes down to save money now or wait and pay more. I always prefer to save money because you'll end up waiting either way you look at it. Anime export is the way to go in my opinion, just my two cents :)

That is pretty bad.

See, I don't understand why Bandai justifies this by saying "oh, we're making it to be a robust toy that will stand up to loadsa rough play."

The exact same audience who buys Yamatos will be buying these. Why do they assume we would treat these any differently to a Yammie?

And for a guy with Mikhail's reputation....this is just embarrassing.

Edited by Alex

Been told by a shop that VF-25G and RVF-25 arrived at Hong Kong. Not sure, haven't seen it, but it's about time!

Edit: Received Overdrive newsletter that they would be there on March 21.

Edited by ff95gj

Joining late since I just got my VF-25S DX in Akihabara a few days ago for cheap. I really like this toy because I wanted a toy to play with (I'll get a 1/72 if I want a display model.) The proportions are better than some of the other VFs I saw and my only real gripe has been the head.

Read through all the pages and saw that there was a FAST Pack addition for this toy released, but I can't seem to find it online. Is this something I have to hunt for in the shops?

Joining late since I just got my VF-25S DX in Akihabara a few days ago for cheap. I really like this toy because I wanted a toy to play with (I'll get a 1/72 if I want a display model.) The proportions are better than some of the other VFs I saw and my only real gripe has been the head.

Read through all the pages and saw that there was a FAST Pack addition for this toy released, but I can't seem to find it online. Is this something I have to hunt for in the shops?

The Super Part for VF-25S is web shop exclusive. Some online shops may carry them... Not sure...

BTW, the VF-2G is released. Selling at US$173~186 in Hong Kong so far.

For the person who asked about Overdrive taking orders from the extra website exlcusives, their latest news item says:

Finally regarding the 3 Extra Parts set for the Bandai Chogokin DX

VF-25's that Tamashii Web will start selling on March 25 we are planing

to take orders for them as soon as all details are announced.

Ahh...good old fashioned "one pic PANIC!!!" :p

Actually, it's TWO pics, if you care to count, ;)

Of course, bendy lasers or no, I still love the overall design. Maybe Bandai will surprise us with swappable lasers, like some of their Gundam toys. Or may be not... :p

Actually, it's TWO pics, if you care to count, ;)

Of course, bendy lasers or no, I still love the overall design. Maybe Bandai will surprise us with swappable lasers, like some of their Gundam toys. Or may be not... :p

It's two different angles of the same toy at the same time at the same show, there could be one hundred pics of it and I'd still only count it as one.

I heard that Bandai is going to start crafting the DX head lasers from a sort of soft Twizzler-like material so they can be eaten if so desired. They will not, however, be flavored.

For the person who asked about Overdrive taking orders from the extra website exlcusives, their latest news item says:

Sweet, thanks alot jenius. I only just signed up for their news updates :p. So far my VF-1S v2 from them is still ok, shoulders-wise, but it's good to know I can get replacements if I need to.

Also, since the VF-25G seems to be available in HK alr, any kind souls out there want to provide some pics/reviews?