Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

They wouldn't need two moulds-- just holes in the appropriate places and a new launch rack for the reaction missile, which might be possible given that it is a web exclusive.

You mean extra holes for the web exclusive armor parts? Doesn't it mean a different mold? :blink:

And then even if it's web exclusive, I do not expect Bandai adding anything extra to it. Why not putting it in the 25S Armor part too if you have the mold already and think it would help to sell? It's not like Alto's part needs more whistles and bells to draw attention.

Well, we'll know soon when the preorder begins!

You mean extra holes for the web exclusive armor parts? Doesn't it mean a different mold? :blink:

And then even if it's web exclusive, I do not expect Bandai adding anything extra to it. Why not putting it in the 25S Armor part too if you have the mold already and think it would help to sell? It's not like Alto's part needs more whistles and bells to draw attention.

Well, we'll know soon when the preorder begins!

Hehe then Bandai can release a Version 2 Armoured Ozma with more holes! Or the holes might come with the Ozma, you never know. Either way, we'll know eventually-- even if not when the pre-order opens (12 days now!), when we see the sculpt.

Hehe then Bandai can release a Version 2 Armoured Ozma with more holes! Or the holes might come with the Ozma, you never know. Either way, we'll know eventually-- even if not when the pre-order opens (12 days now!), when we see the sculpt.

More holes? That would be a cheesy piece! ^_^

Honestly, since they are offering the Alto armor as a web shop item, I think it will fit the existing VF-25 Alto, since there are no plans so far on a "v2" Alto that we have seen.

Look what it says at the very bottom:

ちなみに、まだ工場と調整中なのですが、このセット版に付属のオズマ機は、レーザー機銃と首を何とかしたいと思い、画策中です。アンケート等での皆さんの声は、届いていますよ……できる部分とできない部分があるのは事実ですが、がんばってます!

Quick rough translation: BTW Although we are still in the midst of working with the factory, with this set's Ozma machine*, we want to do something about the head lasers and neck. We are receiving the input from all of you via customer response cards and such. It is true that there are things we can do and things we can't do, but we're trying very hard!

* the Armor Pack Ozma VF-25 set

Edited by Vifam7

Quick rough translation: BTW Although we are still in the midst of working with the factory, with this set's Ozma machine*, we want to do something about the head lasers and neck. We are receiving the input from all of you via customer response cards and such. It is true that there are things we can do and things we can't do, but we're trying very hard!

For the love of god YES!!!!!!!!! That sounds like some very reassuring news. If Bandai actually does something or not is completely up in the air, but if they do fix the head lasers and neck that would be a god send!

Oh, and another thing. With regards to the Armor Pack for Alto:

もちろん、発売中のアルト機単体に装着可能。

Quick translation: Ofcourse it will attach to the currently on sale Alto ship

Quick translation: Ofcourse it will attach to the currently on sale Alto ship

Wow, everyone that was speculating that Bandai lacked the foresight and business sense to do this just got owned.

That's a good thing. I hope it looks more like the head on the upcoming VF100's version than on the 1/72 plamo....the VF100's has the best head sculpt for the VF-25S in my opinion, it captures that menacing look.

Most of all, I hope the head lasers are going to be on ball joints that can angle out to the side significantly, that makes for a more dynamic appearance.

The Armor Pack sculpt looks awesome.One question, did we ever see a VF-25 fighter w/Armour Pack use it's rear landing gear in the anime? If yes, I wonder how Bandai will handle that?

you do, but you cant actually see how the gear goes through the armor, just the landing gear sticking out below the plane.

104n607.jpg

great news! thanks for that!

Great news about the neck and head lasers! Maybe VFTF1 will finally come over to the dark side :p Really, I would be glad if they included a option to swap the bendy PVC lasers for straight POM or ABS ones-- and a longer neck of course, although that might be a harder problem to solve. A folding head ala the 1/72 kit may be the best solution. If they are going with ball joints I hope the v2 Alto will have the ball joints for the head lasers too!

The 1/60 Ranka doesn't look out of scale with the pilot at all, although we probably need more pictures to confirm.

Hopefully the fold-communication system can be placed on either Super pack pod, since it is on the wrong pod now! (It should be on the left instead of the right.)

The Armour pack having it's own landing gears is soooo Yamato 1/72 YF-21 :p I hope they figure out a better solution (and lengthen the landing gears at the same time)

Sad that they still haven't told us the release date of the Ozma and Alto Super parts!! :(

SDK: The hullabaloo was about the need to change to mould to accomodate accessories in general, not the Armour pack per-se.

Does anyone really know how the landing gears are supposed

To come out if the armor is covering the whole shin?

Nope... we're gonna have to be patient :)

One thing I noticed-- the tail fins are up with the armour packs on when they are supposed to be folded down.

Edited by edwin3060

From Ngee Khiong:

Advance pre-order period will be from March 25th to April 24th. Those who purchase 1/60 DX Chogokin VF-25G Michael's Unit (March 21st release) and RVF-25 Luca's Unit (March 28th release) can send the discount ticket included to Bandai to purchase the add-on package at a discounted price of 4,200 Yen (inclusive of tax) - maximum 3 sets per ticket.

Tamashii Web Shop will commerce the sales of this add-on set on April 27th. The price for each set would be 5,250 Yen (inclusive of tax). Late July release.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/03/add...kin-vf-25s.html

Summary (including all releases):

March 21st: 1/60 DX VF-25G Michael release

March 25th: 1/72 VF-25G Michael Model kit

March 25th: Web Pre-orders for Michael and Luca Web exclusive kits and Alto's Armoured pack

March 28th: 1/60 DX RVF-25 Luca release

April 27th: Web Sales of Michael and Luca Web exclusive kits (maybe Alto's Armoured pack as well?)

Late April: VF100s VF-25S Ozma release

Late May: VF100s VF-25G Michael release

Late June: Ozma Armoured bundle pack release

Late July: Michael and Luca Web exclusive release (maybe Alto's Armoured pack as well?)

43.gif

Best news I have heard lately!

I have to agree with whoever mentioned the missiles, those are absolutely aweful clip-on weapons. Still, some are better than nothing. I don't see why they couldn't have something akin to the Yamato VF-1's and have just a small peg to clip into.

The Ghost looks like a sexy scuplt tho, I hope it gets sold in a set of 3.

That's awesome. My opinion of them has just gone up for them listening to customer feedback and attempting to make fixes so soon. At the very least, I'm hoping they will swap out the pvc lasers for something harder and that won't be warped after molding. I don't have much hope for them being able to do something about the neck very quickly, but if they do, it will be a nice surprise.

:huh: I never noticed that before, anyone have a screen shot?

-Kyp

I think it might just be an animation mistake with the model as Alto's is usually in his super pack which would have the fins up. Then again, they have it shown with the fins down in the scene where he's leaving the hanger so it might not be.

From Ep 14 "Mother's Lullaby":

Alto with armor in hanger

post-10222-1237103071_thumb.jpg

Ozma's is shown with vertical stabs folded down

post-10222-1237102458_thumb.jpg

Alto's is up after launch

post-10222-1237102470_thumb.jpg

Alto and Ozma in full armor in same screen. Alto's is clearly up while Ozma's doesn't show

post-10222-1237102508_thumb.jpg

Edit: Added hanger pic further showing it might not be a mistake after all as it appears before the tail fins are up.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

IIRC, in the anime Ozma's Armored had the tail fins down, but Alto's Armored had them up.

Oooh really? I had no idea. A handy screenshot would be nice ;)

Edit: Found that I already had the screenshot. Good catch, Graham!

Edit2: It appears that the Reaction missiles are attached to the weird tubelike things on the back of the wing missile launchers? It would be easy to make reaction missiles that could be attached to the Armoured pack then.

post-10385-1237103474_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin3060