Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

I'm sure Yamato had their eyes set on Mospeada for a long time now. But maybe the whole HG vs. BW thing is a bit touchy, which is why the guy that designed the Beagle Mospeada had to leave Yamato to get his Cyclone manufactured. That design on the Beagle is certainly Yamatoesque. And Yamato has pretty much hit every other 80s mecha including Patlabor and BGC, there's got to be a reason why they shied away from GCM...

But like you said, anything can happen and if it does I'm down for it...

Clearly, a pure win for Yamato should they get the license to do so.

if it was pure win then why haven't they done it? It's funny because the we tend to think that 3 posts from different people in a message board means it's a landslide in the real world, but I hate to burst your bubble... it's still just three people.

The Garfish is a model, so showing it in pieces beside something else won't help you much. Its wrapped up pretty well and I do not think I'll be unwrapping it soon. I believe the size is listed somewhere on MW. I will look for the length in inches later today.

Here are some pics of it built - now you can see why I had to have it . . .

Can you send me the link to that companies website??

YIKE! It shows "Out of Stock"

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/

And I thought I was a little over zealous watching everyday for it, guess not . . .

The Fighters actually come with the kit, nice. Maybe if this run is sold out, they will decide to make more runs and it might lower the price some. I would love to get one.

OMG!!!! 2 days no posts? I'm bumping this thread.....it ain't gonna die....fuke & yellow's on the way....

I think a quote from Scott is warrented here..."I don't care whether the Invid prosper or go the way of the Zentraedi...."--- :lol: ----seemed appropriate. NO...we DO care!!!! Somebody PLEASE make more Mospeada toys!!!!

I'm bummed out on the possibility that we may have a famine of Mospeada toys. I was finally able to talk my wife into letting me buy display cabinets so that I could get my stuff out of the garage and where it can be seen. Now I have the space for more items, but very few available in the pipeline. :(

Given the unquestionable success of all the other MOSPEADA toy lines, I don't see why Yamato wouldn't make a new version of the Legioss and Tread. Why they'd be crazy not to.

Um. We have a Megahouse ride armor line that has spontaneously ended without fanfare, the Beagle line which puttered out after two releases and left its fans blueballed, we have the CM's line which seems to survive on low production overhead, re-used packaging and high prices, and a line of Toynami Alphas and Betas which, despite being marketed as "limited availability" items, can still be readily found - albeit horrifically broken most of the time.

I'm not exactly seeing the unquestionable nature of that success... :mellow:

Edited by QuinJester

psst... QuinJester, Yellowlightman is a bit of a curmudgeon, he was being very sarcastic and making fun of all the people who were saying Yamato should take a stab at the license.

But ... but ... the internets are serious business! People aren't allowed to be sarcastic or mean things other than what they say!

Um. We have a Megahouse ride armor line that has spontaneously ended without fanfare, the Beagle line which puttered out after two releases and left its fans blueballed, we have the CM's line which seems to survive on low production overhead, re-used packaging and high prices, and a line of Toynami Alphas and Betas which, despite being marketed as "limited availability" items, can still be readily found - albeit horrifically broken most of the time.

I'm not exactly seeing the unquestionable nature of that success... :mellow:

I'm familiar with Toynami Alphas breaking. Have there really been Beta's breaking as well?

Anybody have side by side comparisons of the Aoshima / Imai 1/48 model kits built next to the Toynami and CM offerings? Just wondering how the proportions looks in all three modes.

Might be better to get the Betas and model kits for the Alphas instead.

So, should we change the title of this thread to "My name is Stick Bernard. You killed my toy lines. Prepare to die! MOSPEADA News"?

I have a feeling most people would not get the irony. :mellow:

YIKE! It shows "Out of Stock"

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/

And I thought I was a little over zealous watching everyday for it, guess not . . .

Here's a more direct link.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/ind...FTOKEN=49405604

What are the chances of somebody recasting the little Alpha/Beta's? The kit itself is way overpriced on that site.

Edited by protostar8