The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

I have no idea how big they are compared to the MQ toy, but those mini figs seem grossly out of scale with each other.

That said, who says they're all in the same scale on the picture? Maybe they downsized and upsized them to match size for the picture.

I doubt it, but it's possible.

That said, who says they're all in the same scale on the picture? Maybe they downsized and upsized them to match size for the picture.

I doubt it, but it's possible.

You would have a good point, but unfortunately they are also like that in the magazine scan that Graham posted back on page 33 which are definitely not individually re-scaled. Not that it matters too much in the end. I'd be getting the MQ for the toy itself and not the bonus minis... but it would still be nice if they were scaled properly.

Looks like shoulder sag is still a continuous issue. =/. I'm considering if die-casting and bolting the shoulders to a permanently raised position is a fair trade off right now. >_>

Not gonna panic.The shoulders have probably been mistransformed.

It happens all the time at these trade shows. I think it looks great so far.

very cool, still wish it wasn't so expensive though

Don't we all? Better yet if they're all FREE! :lol:

I know, not gonna happen unless there's a real Santa...

Anyway, it looks great, shoulder pegs not withstanding. As for the quality of a Bandai Chogokin, from my experiences of owning the transformable Gunbuster, Aquarion and quite a number of Getter Robos, the joints are tight enough to pose properly and not sag. Anyway, a bit of blu-tac/non-sticky masking tape should do the job if so required.

Can't wait for Xmas. ^_^

It looks like a painted test-shot. See the gaps between the leg halves, and several other parts? Also looks like the paint has that orange-peel texture you get sometimes when using an airbrush.

So I think it will get better later on.

Don't we all? Better yet if they're all FREE! :lol:

I know, not gonna happen unless there's a real Santa...

Santa would have declared bankruptcy if he had to give out macross toys every year to demanding collectors like us.

saggy shoulders kill it for me....if it's mistransformed that's one thing, wait is it just me......or is that thing listing to the left a lot?

It's the feet, one side has them sitting up and the other side is splayed out.

I'm not gonna worry unless they show actual production samples with the same flaws... so far they're just showing the same painted resin mock up from back when.

I'm worried about the shoulders on the Quarter, both the flight deck and the cannon are very large chunks of plastic. Unless the shoulders have some heavy duty ratcheting going on, I see droopy arms in our futures.

Compared to the lineart, the flight deck and main gun are definitely bigger and the legs are a bit short, even if there's an extension at the knees.

All my worries got to do with engineering tho': Those hinged toes are a nice touch but could be a problem. If they can't hold the weight of the toy, the whole thing will topple over or looks odd like in the pic above. No to mention the sad shoulders.

Compared to the lineart, the flight deck and main gun are definitely bigger and the legs are a bit short, even if there's an extension at the knees.

The rendering is putting the viewer's perspective at a low point of view, and it's foreshortening the limbs so they appear shorter. It is not the best comparison of the ship's proportions.

Edited by Letigre

Oh, no. I'm aware of that, I'm a comics artist. I still think the proportions are a bit different, but I don't mind: the toy looks good anyway. As I said in my previous post my main concerns are design wise.

Yes, the proportion are a little different than the line art, but overall it looks very good to me.

I guess the 'saggy' shoulders cause by mistransformation. After all, it is a transformable toy, no surprise that has little proportions issue.

I think the saggy shoulders are because it looks like it's still just a painted resin prototype.

Once it's closer to release, I'm sure they'll eventually show one in plastic. I wish Bandai had some competent people to display and transform their stuff.

I really want to know if the leg will extend further at the knee or thigh since the "knee cap" goes up too high and makes the legs too short.

But knowing them, as they did with the 25 DX, they will continue to make the same transformation mistakes even through the production version with sagged shoulders, unextended legs, and splayed out left foot just to keep us guessing until someone actually buys it and shows personal pics of it.

Yes, the proportion are a little different than the line art, but overall it looks very good to me.

I guess the 'saggy' shoulders cause by mistransformation. After all, it is a transformable toy, no surprise that has little proportions issue.

well, to play devil's advocate, it's not like the frontier "transforms" it just lays down. :lol: