Macross F Series to Movie

Roy Focker

Hell, we'll be lucky enough if Mac F the Movie sells well in Japan (which it probably will). Hopefully, with box-office success & equally successful Mac F toyline, maybe .... just MAYBE ... SK will be tempted to continue with MF, 2nd GIG ... uhhh, 2nd season!

Good point. It's like people getting annoyed that Mylene didn't make a choice, but c'mon! She was FIFTEEN at the end of the show, and sixteen in D7...most people don't know who they want to spend the rest of their lives with when they're sixteen.

Or seventeen (like Sheryl) for that matter.

Now if the movie jumps ahead to when Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl are in their mid-twenties, THEN we'll have something...

Even Japanese adults are extremely immature. They`ll declare their love for someone without ever dating so whether the characters are 14 or 24 it won`t make much difference to the outcome.

Thats something I found disturbing about Klans love for Michael, I mean they`d never even dated but she knew she "loved" him. More like stalked him. If I had a girl like Klan obsessing about me without even dating me I`d start to get scared and might jetison myself into space too.

I was thinking the same thing. The CGI mecha looks slick but I can't see how they could make THAT big a difference between the TV series and the movie; although Kawamori probably wouldn't really care anyway. I wonder if he could get

Mikimoto to do the character re-designs for the movie? ^_^

Mikimoto.... We should live so long!!!

Technically, they have dated, in exchange for informations about Sheryl's pill. But they were childhood friends.

FV

Oh missed that, that makes more sense. I still found the Klan, Michael and Luca characters very annoying.

I'm still holding out hope for a second season to be announced after the movie.

Graham

It would be interesting, but in the end I hope that they don't make such an announcement. Each Macross series, OAV or film generally having a different setting/set of characters is one of the aspects of the series I really enjoy.

Taksraven

Prequel using Ozma's past would be better than a retelling of the story, though I really do hope that the movie is a continuation.

Hmm...careful, sounds to me this could be true...a prequel, linking F to 7...and Basara in concert....BOMBAAAA!!!!!!

(after all, M7 was a hit in Japan's home market right?)

Hmm...careful, sounds to me this could be true...a prequel, linking F to 7...and Basara in concert....BOMBAAAA!!!!!!

(after all, M7 was a hit in Japan's home market right?)

Interesting idea, Sheryl's blog states that she was inspired by listening to a singer who when he/she sang, felt as if there was wind coming from the singer. That singer could possibly be Basara putting out powerful song energy (although, I think she mentioned that the singer was female making it Mylene or Emilia).

I want a condensed re-telling of the series, and I want to see Ozuma pork every woman on Frontier, then I want to see Alto actually pick a girl (don't care which one) then I want to see a cameo appearance of Basara. I want him to die choking on "something" in a men only bath house.

I want a condensed re-telling of the series, and I want to see Ozuma pork every woman on Frontier, then I want to see Alto actually pick a girl (don't care which one) then I want to see a cameo appearance of Basara. I want him to die choking on "something" in a men only bath house.

:lol: I agree with this.

I wouldn't mind them cutting the oversaturation of story and singing. Cut the soap opera and gimme more VF-25/Vajra fights! :D

Then again, Macross has always had an abundance of story and singing. Character development and story are essential parts of story-telling, a fact long since ignored by mainstream Hollywood. I guess I'm just a simple man, but I want more fightin'.

Personally, the only thing I want to "see" Ozuma pork is CANNON FIRE!!!! As for Alto is concerned:"Please, Kawamori for the love of sanity have Alto hook up with Sheryl!!!" And for Basara? Well a cameo of an aged Basara is ok, only if we can see Minmay!!! ^_^

I just want more Konig Monster action and more background story about Canaria, a badass destroid/valk pilot and also a mother. B))

BTW, they can also show Alto in his/her glory during his Kabuki heyday.

Nope, just an OVA.

Split into five episodes that will take forever for each episode to come out. :lol:

All kidding aside, since Ohnogi already got involved with Frontier to help develop Sheryl's character, how about Mikimoto return to do character designs for the movie so we can have all three back together again.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...;postcount=2122
Kawamori on Macross Frontier Movie : The Macross Frontier movie will follow the guideline of "Do You Remember Love, I'd like for all to see Frontier on the big screen, with great sound."

Now this interesting. A movie interpretation of Frontier? Or something the scale of DYRL?

Considering that Kawamori's movie/OVA versions of Escaflowne and Aquarion were both drastically altered retellings of the story, I would fully expect Frontier to follow the same course.

Now this interesting. A movie interpretation of Frontier? Or something the scale of DYRL?

Considering that Kawamori's movie/OVA versions of Escaflowne and Aquarion were both drastically altered retellings of the story, I would fully expect Frontier to follow the same course.

Yes, but is that a good thing? I don't know about Aquarion( I've only seen a couple episodes) but, many fans of Escaflowne over in Japan loved the tv series and were disapointed in the movie. The visuals were outstanding and yet it did not have the same effect on fans and many came away upset by the changes. Everybody is looking to the Mac F movie to have that same impact as DYRL(I pray that it does ^_^ ), but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Oh' I'm sure it will be good it's just I don't think 25 years from now it will still have A place in fans hearts like DYRL.

Yes, but is that a good thing? I don't know about Aquarion( I've only seen a couple episodes) but, many fans of Escaflowne over in Japan loved the tv series and were disapointed in the movie. The visuals were outstanding and yet it did not have the same effect on fans and many came away upset by the changes. Everybody is looking to the Mac F movie to have that same impact as DYRL(I pray that it does ^_^ ), but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Oh' I'm sure it will be good it's just I don't think 25 years from now it will still have A place in fans hearts like DYRL.

Well Aquarion's OAV/Movie retelling was Awesome... it was very faithful to the original, but retold it in a different way/scope just like DYRL back in '84.

Escaflowne though... yeah it was extremly different from the original series, and while it did grow on me with time, I was severly dissapointed at first. I've always wondered the extent of Kawamori's involvement in the movie actually, because unlike the series... it really didn't felt very-Kawamorish to me.

I would expect the Macross F movie to be more like DYRL or Aquarion (assuming Kawamori don't put a Tomino on us and simply does a re-edit of the series :-P)

-Sergorn

I would like the movie to focus on the relationship between Vajra and humans and how everyone gets on on their new planet and what this entails.

Also - I guess my sensitivity is just utterly different from everybody else - but to me, the love triangle was obviously resolved in episode 25.

Alto says that both girls are his wings - and Sheryl and Ranka like one another.

Who says Alto has to chose one? Isn't it obvious that the three of them have gone through something very special together and that will bond them together for life?

He chose both and they will be a triangle. The end.

The movie should also have Bassara and lots of flowers.

Oh - wait - as good an idea as that is - here's a better one for the movie:

Make it star Klan Klan.

Have it be a noir like film; Boggie like. Klan Klan tries to solve the plot of Micheal's sister's death - she does this out of a sense of duty to honor her fallen lover and clear up his family's estate.

Make it a feature length anime film - a mecha-detective-criminal movie.

I would LOVE that.

Or Basara and flowers.

Pete