Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

Thoughts? Lemme pose for a second.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTER BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!

Yeah. I missed on the Chogokin...let's hope this is PACKED to the gills.

I got the old kaiyodo figure and the SOC toy. Not sure if i need another but i'd get another Nono if they come up with one.

I wonder what it would come with, though? I know the SOC came with loads of stuff but I never saw the baseball bat and scythe (or whatever that was) in the actual show.

I'd be happy with just a few swappable hands and maybe some alternate "Buster Collider" arms.

The recent Dancougar hardly came with any options.

ONEE-SAMA!!!

What?? It transforms?? Huh. I guess that's cool, but I'd rather they had included the Buster Colliders like I mentioned earlier... Ah, never mind. The heart-ripping pose looks incredible, so I guess I will get this anyway. Shame about the inability to cross arms. Surely they could have included spare "crossed arms"? I get the feeling they want to release an exclusive add-on set later.

Fixed.

Thank You

What?? It transforms?? Huh. I guess that's cool, but I'd rather they had included the Buster Colliders like I mentioned earlier... Ah, never mind. The heart-ripping pose looks incredible, so I guess I will get this anyway. Shame about the inability to cross arms. Surely they could have included spare "crossed arms"? I get the feeling they want to release an exclusive add-on set later.

More like japan only release.

Surely they could have included spare "crossed arms"? I get the feeling they want to release an exclusive add-on set later.

Maybe it's because I haven't been following Revoltech news closely, but have Kaiyodo ever done that before for Revoltechs?

Edited by shiroikaze

Not that I know of. They did have separate non-exclusive option sets for their Evas, but that's because there's so many of them. Meanwhile, they have done exclusive whole Revoltech figures, though, like the "XAN" Black Ninja King Gainer. Also, alternate exclusive versions of pre-existing figures like the Max and Millia VF-1s (simple repaints, though), the winged Eva angels with all the blood everywhere and the blue Soltic. Perhaps they will make an exclusive all-inclusive set (no pun intended).

Then again, as Eugimon has illustrated with his single line, no-one really cares that much about robots anymore. :(

• 2 weeks later...

The SF Revos actually have really nice paintjobs, so I'm quite optimistic about this Iron Man. In fact, the Gunbuster is featured on the very next page in Figure Oh magazine, and if you compare the two the poor Gunbuster looks like a greasy PVC POS in comparison. I think I might just end up getting both.

Actually, the combination/transformation for the Gunbuster looks to be pretty complex and involved... Not sure if that's a good thing or not yet.

Meanwhile, the only thing missing from Ironman is a Robert Downey Jr. face.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to getting the Revoltech Alien and it is everything I hoped it would be. An incredible figure. I also have to repeat praise for the paint work on these Revoltech figures, at least the movie ones. This Alien figure has an astounding paint job, all metallic and shiny, just like the slimy original. It even has a transparent skull.

That Iron Man Revoltech is a sure bet if ever there was one. Talk about a license to print money :)

My copy of Figure-Oh Premium Series 9 arrived today. It's their second Revoltech encyclopedia issue and it's full of awesome pictures of all of the Revoltechs, with a focus on the ones released since their first encyclopedia issue.

It also came bundled with a clear purple version of the Revoltech 100 EVA-01. I know a lot of folks are sick of the Evangelion Revoltech figures, but the sculpt on this one is amazing. It has 18 'revolver' joints, including some new little tiny ones that I hadn't seen before. The articulation is really good. The squished Angel stand is pretty well sculpted and I imagine will look good in the final painted version. The LED light is very bright.

Even though there's a lot of hate for the quantity of Eva Revoltechs, at least Kaiyodo keeps improving the quality.

Oh, and the encyclopedia has pictures of the upcoming EVA-02, as well as an EVA-00 with bandages on it and unpainted prototypes of EVA-03 and another EVA-05. By my count they'll be up to 52 Revoltech figures based on Evangelion (including all of the limited and special versions) after those come out.

post-7229-12954111631_thumb.jpg

Yep, Iron Man is as good as bought if just to square off with my Revo Batman.

There's a Revo Batman???

Are they going to do a Superman one? I've always wanted a super poseable Superman but the only one there is is the small ass Microman ones...

Edited by badboy00z