Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

No... Revoltechs are alot shorter than the 1/12 Chirico (which is a phenomenal figure!), and with the 'big nut' cut hips, you'd never get them into a sitting position to fit them in there.

I figured that would be the case but thanks for the info!

So I got this today:

Thank your for choosing Toywiz.com! This e-mail is regarding order number 983919 from our online store. Unfortunately the item that you ordered, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Revoltech #066 Super Poseable Action Figure Enkidudu (Pre-order ships April), is no longer in stock. You were not charged for this item. We make every effort to prevent this sort of situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you. If, in the future, we are able to obtain the item, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity. For any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

God this tick me off.

Anybody got a spare Enkidudu that they want to trade or sell. I'll trade you my spare Enki.

Does anyone have a Haruhi fig that can compare scale to the previous Fraulein figs? Specifically---what (if any) parts are swappable? (even if scales are the same, the joints may be so different that you still can't mix and match anything)

I will probably be able to answer your question on Wedsday, when my Haruhi Suzumiya shipment finaly arrives - maybe sooner.

Pete

There are not scaled Revoltech figures, except the Fraulein, which are technically 1/8 scale IIRC.

Pete

I may not be a big revoltech fan so I don't know the approximate scale, but I don't think that's right, 1/8 figures are usually more or less 8 inches tall. The revoltech frauleins are roughly 6 inches or smaller no?

Edited by shiroikaze

Can't remember if there was a thread for Figma, but i'll be getting the Hakufu Sonsaku figure. http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX06088 Got the Kanu one as well previously, great sculpts!

Haven't quit on revoltech by any means, but i totally don't want to collect EVA-02 Rebuild >_< got every other one dammit lol

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I did what I always advise people to do ("get them all") and decided that instead of wondering whether to go with Figma or Revoltech for the SOS brigade that I'd just go for both :) Especially since there are different sets available in both lines.

But I wonder how the proportions will match up between Figma and Revoltech? Are the Figmas gonna be bigger? smaller?

Sadly, I guess I missed out on Kyon... :(

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

But I wonder how the proportions will match up between Figma and Revoltech? Are the Figmas gonna be bigger? smaller?

Pete

The Figma Haruhi is actually smaller than the Revoltech Haruhi. Figmas all around, are generally slighlty smaller than their Revoltech counterparts.

Also, even though if Kyon maybe "discontinued", they'll probably re-release him later on, I found that out with Konata.

Edited by shiroikaze

I did what I always advise people to do ("get them all") and decided that instead of wondering whether to go with Figma or Revoltech for the SOS brigade that I'd just go for both :) Especially since there are different sets available in both lines.

Pete

Figma is 'just' smaller.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Does anyone know of a online store that sells those Revoltech Borg?

Got one from a friend that was in Japan, the Kaiyodo Shop. But looking for more.

Also, these days I prefer more the figma's cause of their stiff joints and cleaner paint applications. Really hoping for Claymore, GITS, and Appleseed figmas.

This figure looks tops - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10077392a2/20/2 anyone getting one? I want to see it posed more, +1000000 points for butt sculpt. lol

None of the Figma or Revoltechs can get good butt joints correct, lol this reina looks perfect, maybe..

That is neither a Figma or Revoltech.

It's from Yamato's VMF (variable motion figure) lineup.

Reina will be the second figure in the lineup (with Motoko Kusanagi being the first).

YES. DAT ASS. B))

Nice nice nice!

I find the Queens Blade statues - and therefore designs - extremely pleasing. However, when looking at the Revoltech I was dissapointed by the hips. Revoltech does ok when hips are covered by skirts and even when the skirts are removable and there are panties. They've actually improved as I've just discovered with Asahina Mikuru - from their intial skirt-dropping Tohsaka Rhin - in terms of getting a nice female form done... But Riena is diffent. They apparently don't have panties or skirts in the middle ages or where ever she comes from - so you need hips that aren't holes... Looks like Yamato has done it again.

That ass is totally worth 70 bucks :)

Pete

That is neither a Figma or Revoltech.

It's from Yamato's VMF (variable motion figure) lineup.

Reina will be the second figure in the lineup (with Motoko Kusanagi being the first).

YES. DAT ASS. B))

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i just said it looks great, and has a butt sculpt andjoints far better than Revy or Figma put togther. :p

So I got this today:

Thank your for choosing Toywiz.com! This e-mail is regarding order number 983919 from our online store. Unfortunately the item that you ordered, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Revoltech #066 Super Poseable Action Figure Enkidudu (Pre-order ships April), is no longer in stock. You were not charged for this item. We make every effort to prevent this sort of situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you. If, in the future, we are able to obtain the item, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity. For any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

God this tick me off.

Anybody got a spare Enkidudu that they want to trade or sell. I'll trade you my spare Enki.

Sorry to tell you this but Enkidudu was a japan exclusive.

You can find him on ebay for 200 usd*. But it's not worth it to me. Liked Enkidudu but not that much.

And yes it is an irritation b/c you collected all the others saw enkidudu online in "leaked" photo's. Found some one who was selling it. Made a pre-order ... then you get the message that you got.

BUt to be fair I paid 50 usd for Enki alone. Just so i could have the Gurren wing.

So if your going to blame someone blame Kaiyodo and customs.

*United States Dollar(s)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah; saw that...

I appreciate that they are experimenting. Putting a revolver joints in for the knees is risky - but then again the area is black...

But it's risky still...

But the thighs looks good - and you can see that they have advanced on the old ELF model yet again in terms of thigh poseability and the upper body.

The problem is - this figure looks like it's half way between a great old idea and a great new idea - hasn't quite gotten there yet...

Pete

The dude on the left is very JEEGish :)

I remember briefly playing this on NES :p

Pete

Yeah well i was a dedicated SEGA kid, but i do know Megaman, and Metroid (breifly played both games)

Yes, these are listed as festival exclusives, but hopefully. :) Just like the v.2 1/60 seat options, may get a chance for regular release.

It's probably too much to ask, but I hope they include some extra bits. I'd like to see a few options on Samus' styling.

Never cared for the Varia's shoulders.

And the Prime-style arm cannon makes her look really off-balan... wait, does that open up for missiles? That's hot.

That Samus figure actually bends in interesting places... I wonder how each part is fitted...

Can it turn into a ball? :p

Sigh... this as close as it gets for me towards a decent Revoltech or Figma KOS-MOS :(

Edited by shiroikaze

Heck, I'd take MMX and Zero Models with joints that didn't break if you look at them the wrong way...

Bandai did a decent series of model kit type things that with a little paint looked pretty good. Though they are a bit dated at this point and it'd be nice to see decent figure incarnations of the characters.

Still if the original Megaman is a hit maybe we'll see w/e that series is continued on further.

Bandai did a decent series of model kit type things that with a little paint looked pretty good. Though they are a bit dated at this point and it'd be nice to see decent figure incarnations of the characters.

Still if the original Megaman is a hit maybe we'll see w/e that series is continued on further.

Yeah, I liked the models a bunch, but the issue was the weak polycap joints that would tear a month or so after I got them.

I'd love to see a MegaMan X figure in the same style as the "festival exclusive" figure.

They need figures for the Escaflowne mechs.

I think I recall that Studio Half Eye did a Transformable Escaflowne. If you're willing to part with both kidneys, your legs, sell your wife and children into slavery, become an indentured servant in a tomato plantation run by the corsican mafia for one summer and then spend the winter as a male prostitute in Vegas you MIGHT be able to afford it :)

Pete