Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

Guile (Gairu) looks plenty bad ass...

for the price he looks like he should be worth twice that amount. (although lol, the aussie $ has made that possible)

He gets a knife and his trademark comb! I'm getting him. :p

Still debating on getting chunners, the face sculpt is lacking, and later will get Ryu for sure to pair up agianst Ken.

Now i HOPE they bring Bison into the line, can anyone confirm?

The early birds are up on hlj.com for those interested.

Never knew just how small they are! So you have to be forgiving the face sculpt is off a bit.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Black Overman will be a Dengeki Hobby Magazine exclusive

ap20081121090259748jpgvr1.jpg

If I'm not wrong, I think Enki-dudu is also supposed to be an exclusive figure. The Yamaguchi line seems to have almost disappeared completely to make way for the SFO and Hakuto no Ken series.

Annoyingly, Cammy is unlikely, since it seems they're ONLY doing the ones from the new mouse-controlled game, and not simply "classic SF characters". And Cammy's not in the new game. Of course, it's such a fan-desired character they may later expand the line, but I wouldn't count on it. (and I'd buy 2 or even 3 Cammy figs, just to have different color parts for swapping--her costume design is actually quite "generic" but that makes it great for mix and matching)

Thought/comment---where's the Revoltech Thundercracker and Skywarp? I haven't heard even a hint at these obvious repaints, and Starscream's been out for months and months.

Question---how is Starscream sized compared to the VF-1? (I ask because I get a lot of fun from "Frankensteining" my Revoltechs, and if the Starscream mold is similar to the VF-1, then it'll work well for Chun-Li) (I plan on buying the bunny costume Haruhi, and basically throwing away the head--I just want the parts---plan to wait for the inevitable repaints though, not fond of the black)

Chunners head would be small as, i think these would have sold much faster if they showed pics of them holding the fig in

the palm of their hand (until recently) Originally i thought they were around the same size as a Revy Revoltech...

but 10.5 cms... that's mega small and so detailed! If they ever show up discounted i'd collect almost all of them.

Guile and Ken are certainties in my collection, and Ryu and Chun Li would be followed after with possibly Zangief.

Hope Vega and Bison and of coruse Sagat are coming.

:edit:

just tracking down a link that shows the complete line up for this game...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/sf-mouse.htm no suprise he doesn't rate the game (maybe he might) as it's mouse controlled.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm leaning towards Figma lately, recently got the Ikki tousen Kanu chick, and also pre-ordered this one - http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX06071

Next one would probably be Sonsaku Hakufu (ikki tousen) ... ohh i want one badly. Revoltech is deffinently for robots/mecha.

Fraulein hasn't done much for me as i would have hoped, hate the ugly butt joining to the leg/calves (not that it could be helped)

and for a little extra money Figma just has that extra appeal. Of course i'll never ever look down on Revy Revoltech... :wub::wub:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

geez ruski, ya gotta get figma ryomou shimei as well for alll the ikkitousen love ! lol. Kanu is awesome, wish she was larger figure though.

Mind you, I hve a lot of love for the revoltech Hokuto no Ken figures, but the damn exchange rate makes getting just one figure over $40AUD shipped ! ugh!

but they are oh so cool!!!

gotta agree on fraulien though, they kinda suck a bit. I did get Yoko and while shes nice, its not quite as good as I think a figma would be. FIgma seems to have better faces to me for some reason, but overall not as 'soft' a look, more anime IMO.

Lookin forward to seeing how Queensblade revoltechs turn out, they could be kenshiros bar wenches! mwahahhaha

last week there was a comparison detailing the figma's vs. Fraulins on Dannychoo.com

. Look it up...the results are surprising.

BTW the fraulen revoltechs shoulders have supposedly been re-done.

While the faulen's don't always look quite as good, they can stand on their own. They are mush esier to hold a pose and seem sturdier.

I collect some of both. The bunny haruhi is rather intriguing since it will probably be a special edition figma that we can't get....kinda like the new x-mas outfits that are free with figma purchase in japan.

geez ruski, ya gotta get figma ryomou shimei as well for alll the ikkitousen love ! lol. Kanu is awesome, wish she was larger figure though.

Mind you, I hve a lot of love for the revoltech Hokuto no Ken figures, but the damn exchange rate makes getting just one figure over $40AUD shipped ! ugh!

but they are oh so cool!!!

gotta agree on fraulien though, they kinda suck a bit. I did get Yoko and while shes nice, its not quite as good as I think a figma would be. FIgma seems to have better faces to me for some reason, but overall not as 'soft' a look, more anime IMO.

Lookin forward to seeing how Queensblade revoltechs turn out, they could be kenshiros bar wenches! mwahahhaha

I'm honestly not a fan of Ryomou or Kanu. Only Hakufu. lol, i grabbed the kanu coz she has got a great body/fig and can be easily modded,

and the fact she has battle damage is a plus. :lol: Really solid little figures. Hey mate did you end up wanting this one?

- http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01172 now that's an awesome horsey. lol!

lol exploding top ATTACK; ikkitousen main attraction LOL.

but as for kokuoh-go, I would have liked to have had, however, thats waaaaay to expensive for my blood!

Im sooking enough as it is getting just figures at 2,500yen, let alone 18,000! lol.

I'd buy figma--if I knew/cared about any character they've done. Yeesh--not only are Revoltech and Figma spending 60% of their releases on partial remolds and repaints, most of that are copying each other!

There's a billion characters from a billion games and series I'd buy, yet I only own a few. No Gundam? No Macross? No Tekken? No Soul Calibur? They are WAY too focused on 'stuff from the last year' and not "all-time popular stuff".

Seeing there is "another" series of Frontier character figure Gashapons it can't be too far away for Revoltech or Figma to opt over to us.. could it?

Hope bandai or whoever it is that keeps other companies from making Frontier/Macross series stuff lets up.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
I gotta say that I really wish revoltech would make more current things than street fighter. I was an average game and a horrible anime at best. Make more gurren lagann and macross frontier.

Are your ready for this?

Kaiyodo just released the VERY first images of their prototype:

1. Lagann (with a tiny Gurren accessory)

2. Arc-Gurren Lagann

3. Chouginga Gurren Lagann

HOW FRIGGIN AWESOME IS THAT?!?

Screw all the other lines.....I'll save up for these heavy hitters.

post-31-1229970523_thumb.jpg

Glad to see Gurren Lagann seems to be getting as much love as Street Fighter. I was also feeling like e nerdy ferdy loony, because I seriously am not into Street Fighter - and what's worse, almost all of the girls beyond Yoko and the NGE Frauleins (and Revy) have just not been up my ally...

But I am still holding out for Revoltech Macross Frontier AT LEAST (although SDFM would be better).... is the stuff we like really that unpopular? :o

Pete

Are your ready for this?

Kaiyodo just released the VERY first images of their prototype:

1. Lagann (with a tiny Gurren accessory)

2. Arc-Gurren Lagann

3. Chouginga Gurren Lagann

HOW FRIGGIN AWESOME IS THAT?!?

Screw all the other lines.....I'll save up for these heavy hitters.

Hooray!!! I'll have to get those too! Let's hope that the battleship ones come with small "Battleship" mode accessories.

Hooray!!! I'll have to get those too! Let's hope that the battleship ones come with small "Battleship" mode accessories.

Its sweet that they are continuing to add More from Gurren Lagann. I want some of the other team gurren mecha though. Also I wish my fricken preorder for enki would ever be filled. Did anybody else get theirs? You kinda need this one since its part of the whole backpack scam.

Gah, I'm wishing for anything BUT Gurren Lagann.

Overall problem with Kaiyodo IMHO: Doing way too many of each series before switching to a new one. Can you imagine if the Fraulein was STILL doing NGE? With Ibuki, Misato, Ritsuko, and more, and having never gotten to any other series?

That's kind of what the main line is doing. They've done very few series IMHO despite how many figs are out. There's a ton of animes/games I'd buy figs from---most of which are quite popular. Yet I have very few Revoltechs overall.

Its sweet that they are continuing to add More from Gurren Lagann. I want some of the other team gurren mecha though. Also I wish my fricken preorder for enki would ever be filled. Did anybody else get theirs? You kinda need this one since its part of the whole backpack scam.

Did anybody get their Revoltech Enki from Big Bad Toystore?

Gah, I'm wishing for anything BUT Gurren Lagann.

Overall problem with Kaiyodo IMHO: Doing way too many of each series before switching to a new one. Can you imagine if the Fraulein was STILL doing NGE? With Ibuki, Misato, Ritsuko, and more, and having never gotten to any other series?

That's kind of what the main line is doing. They've done very few series IMHO despite how many figs are out. There's a ton of animes/games I'd buy figs from---most of which are quite popular. Yet I have very few Revoltechs overall.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But Gurren Lagann kicks so much ass that I want those mechs. Seriously, if you haven't seen the show then you need to. It will make you want these if you have manly fighting spirit!!!

It's always a tough call. Personally, if they did Ibuki, Misato, Ritsuko and more I'd be very happy, since I'm not into the other stuff they did (except Yoko).

But - on the other hand - the one benefit is that the later that your particular favorite line comes out - the better it will be.

Look at how much better Fraulein turned out compared to 2G Saber/Saber Alter and even Revy? Revy is actually i pretty shoddy Revoltech compared to Rei Ayanami and Asuka.

So - if we get Macross Frontier Revoltechs much later - they'll probably blow NGE Revoltechs out of the water.

That's the benefit of rotation.

I personally am miffed as to why Street Fighter suddenly got this explosion of figures - but I'm sure they have some kind of method to their madness and just figured this would be very popular or pull in gamers or whatever...

In any event - I am looking forward to more Gurren Lagann - although what I would really prefer is for Revoltech to give us more human molds.

Their giant robots are nice - but there are plenty of nice Giant Robots out there - whereas I bet you will not find a better Rei Ayanami action figure than what Revoltech is offering.

They should put more focus on Fraulein.

Pete