Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

nice pic of the new packaging...

anybody got news of the re-issue Revo Enki... GL is still waiting for his damn wings! <_<

some more pics of Gurren+Laggan

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=ProductI...ate=review.html

damn only one Laggan w/ replaceable legs/drill and normal arms w/ drill arms and extra face (shown in bottommost pic)...

Edited by m0n5t3r

The new packaging is nice..but...I don't like it being bigger. Makes shipping costs go up, makes box size more of a pain...

Lagann looks GREAT as a Revoltech though. Really top notch job.

Pete

I agree on the shipping...It's ridiculous on all accounts. Hell, space is a huge problem to collectors in Japan from what I've seen, so it makes no sense why they would make the boxes bigger. That's what happens when stupid people get into places they shouldn't be...

Though Gurren and Lagann look amazing. Very good job with them and neat little extras like "Lagann Impact" mode parts. I may have to get it, just depends on the yen/dollar ratio at the time of release I guess.

Edited by protostar8

Not sure if i'm keen on the new Eva-02 design, i'll see how she does in the movies before i need to go out and spend up.

I do however have all the other eva-02s, so would be a shame to miss this one..

One things for sure i'll give the SPEC 02 Rebuild the miss.

Latest aquisitions -

Yoko series fig

Yoko movie fig

and VF-1A Hikaru.

Getting that new QueensBlade(?) fig, first mini fig with boobs on show. She'll look good going up against my saber Revy. Armour chicks for the win!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my 950 yen EVA-01 Type F from HLJ today and have been playing with it. Same annoyances I've had with my other Revoltechs but at least it looks cool. 950 yen was just too hard to pass up.

Is it wrong to say I kinda like that four-legged OD-green EVA-05?

Vostok 7

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, I was just wondering if there had been any info about the Alien revy.

As for the new EVAs, I like them, but I was profoundly disappointed with the original Revoltech EVAs so I'll have to pass on these until I see how much better they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Gurren and Lagann in today. Got a free little red Assemble-borg guy with them. Wasn't expecting that! :D

Though on the downside, the little Assemble-borg guy is a POS. I think the only movable joints are his shoulders, all the others are fake revoltech joints...

Edited by protostar8

What's the story with that Borg guy ? He's on all the pictures- and now apparently he comes with the actual Revoltech? But...what is it? Why is it?

anybody know?

Pete

No clue. And the one that comes with them are the "mini" assemble-borgs.

On a side note about release dates:

Arc Gurren = 7/1

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann = 7/15

Are they taking packaging suggestions from a former Yamato employee?

fd4wg9.jpg

No clue. And the one that comes with them are the "mini" assemble-borgs.

On a side note about release dates:

Arc Gurren = 7/1

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann = 7/15

Well, I'm sure it says what they are in the picture UN Spacey posted here - it's just we need someone who reads Japanese to enlighten us :)

Pete

Well, I'm sure it says what they are in the picture UN Spacey posted here - it's just we need someone who reads Japanese to enlighten us :)

Pete

Well, in the little booklet I got with G&L, it shows various point values. Each token is worth 10 points. So you could get a pair of revoltech pliers for 30 points (3 chips), or other stuff from various amounts.

There are not scaled Revoltech figures, except the Fraulein, which are technically 1/8 scale IIRC.

Pete

Hey Pete, thanks for the heads up...but i figured that since the Yamato Chirico is measured height at 5.25 inches, anything near that height should suffice.

Now Im just curious and i know this may sound very random so please don't judge :unsure:

but would this Dougram figure or Ingram 1 Movie Version figure or Brocken fit in and sit properly in a Yamato 1/12 Votoms Scopedog?

Edited by titob0y

Does anyone have a Haruhi fig that can compare scale to the previous Fraulein figs? Specifically---what (if any) parts are swappable? (even if scales are the same, the joints may be so different that you still can't mix and match anything)

but would this Dougram figure or Ingram 1 Movie Version figure or Brocken fit in and sit properly in a Yamato 1/12 Votoms Scopedog?

No... Revoltechs are alot shorter than the 1/12 Chirico (which is a phenomenal figure!), and with the 'big nut' cut hips, you'd never get them into a sitting position to fit them in there.