Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

Revoltech Expo 2008 pics.

http://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.p...;extra=page%3D1

Not much interesting new stuff. Lots of Fraulein, Assembleborg and Hakuto no Ken products. And of course the one Revoltech people have been dying to see since the teaser at an event earlier in the year...

20081025_0dae1d834ad8184acb69wLwbf8k8EOCF.jpg

The only new Yamaguchi line figures on display were Black Overman and Enkidudu.

20081025_81cbfffe3f6c7ed499e5FpQzFUNbbu78.jpg

20081025_2a448baa2d431b10b297amwJ2gqvPGev.jpg

Edited by IXTL

But...but...but...

That Alien in the pictures...it's not a Revoltech...it CAN'T be.. I mean...where are the joints?

If that thing is a Revoltech then they did a darn good job of hiding the revolver joints! Clearly got it posed in "man in rubber suit" Alien 1st movie edition stance... but still...very...well done?

Pete

Anyone think we'll ever see Zone of Enders Revoltechs? (or has anyone ever asked the company directly if they'll make any and gotten a response)?

I've always wanted one of those Jehuty 2.0 kits but could never find one at a decent price (as most are just recasts).

Edited by protostar8

Revoltech Expo 2008 pics.

And of course the one Revoltech people have been dying to see since the teaser at an event earlier in the year...

20081025_0dae1d834ad8184acb69wLwbf8k8EOCF.jpg

That is beauty at it's most grotesque :)

Wow! That sculpt is unbelievably amazing. It's a near perfect replication of the original suit; telltale translucency and all.

I second the query about joints; where the heck are they? I suppose the shoulder joints could be hidden, but what about the knees, elbows and wrists. The only joints I think I can see are the ankles. Perhaps this is only the sculpt itself, before the pieces are molded for joints.

If I follow IXTL's links, a larger photo shows the same figure in a Kaiyodo Revoltech display, so it's definitely a figure and not a statue. Well, I knew I was going to get one, I just didn't know it was going to be THE Revoltech figure to own. :blink:

Checked out the pic barely with my craptastic usb device in an un-holy internet service land.

Ken looks ok! Was hoping they'd give him the longer hair treatment, but i will certainly be getting him.

Hope the face isn't too gawky, the quality on these SFO Revys are alot to be desired. Ryu looks ok though.

BAD NEWS fellas. Yamaguchi is taking a LOOOOOOONG break.

http://eyeonasia.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/...ve-immediately/

It has been announced in recent days that the Revoltech Yamaguchi line, Revoltechs first and best selling range is to be discontinued with immediate effect. Decembers scheduled release of figures (Enkidudu and Black King Gainer) are to be made as magazine exclusives, and won’t be easily available outside of Japan."

"This news will certainty come as shock to Revoltech fans. The Yamaguchi line is considered to be the best and be the heart and soul of what Revoltech is all about. This could be one of the results of Good Smile Companies acquisition of the Revoltech brand. Kaiyodo do seem to have been having some problems with Revoltech over the last 12 months, there are been some serious QC issues and the fact that Fraulein, Hokuto No Ken and SFO ranges have all massively under-performed. Still it seems hard to imagine why they would cancel their best selling range. Perhaps Yamaguchi just needs a break, he has been sculpting 2 figures a month since 2006, that’s alot of hard work, and certainly worthy of a break.

BAD NEWS fellas. Yamaguchi is taking a LOOOOOOONG break.

http://eyeonasia.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/...ve-immediately/

aw crap... :angry:

Kaiyodo do seem to have been having some problems with Revoltech over the last 12 months, there are been some serious QC issues and the fact that Fraulein, Hokuto No Ken and SFO ranges have all massively under-performed.

I haven't picked any of them up yet but the Hokuto No Ken and SFO lines aren't that old. How could they be under performing already? Or is it just QC problems? Another case of the strong yen hurting JP exports?

aw crap... :angry:

I haven't picked any of them up yet but the Hokuto No Ken and SFO lines aren't that old. How could they be under performing already? Or is it just QC problems? Another case of the strong yen hurting JP exports?

I'd bet on the strong yen and rapidly deteriorating economy. News of the Yamaguchi line taking a break might be a conscious decision by Kaiyodo to step back in light of the bleak future.