Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

The Tamshii Robot Spirits VF-25F i toy is supposed to be non-transforming Battroid mode only IIRC.

Grahan

Apparently the upcoming Nirvash can transform.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/331855...817e61a93_o.jpg

If they do make the Damashii transformable it would compete even more with the VF-100s. Both have a similar price ~ ¥4000-5000. The main difference would be size: 12cm vs 15cm. I don't believe Bandai will release the Damashii until the VF-100s have made them some profit.

Apparently the upcoming Nirvash can transform.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/331855...817e61a93_o.jpg

If they do make the Damashii transformable it would compete even more with the VF-100s. Both have a similar price ~ ¥4000-5000. The main difference would be size: 12cm vs 15cm. I don't believe Bandai will release the Damashii until the VF-100s have made them some profit.

So the Damashii line will be non-scale?

It still doesn't make sense to release such similar products though-- as it is, the small scale Macross mecha market already has revoltech, GNU-DOU and the VF100s. Why would Bandai want to release another line that would only just enter a saturated market (and might cannibalize it's own sales?)

Damashii is supposed to have non-linear scale system, so the Gundam releases should be in scale to one another, but not to scale with the Geass figures and so on....

Whether they Damashii Valks would be in scale to the VF100s? Who knows, but they would probably be real close.

Graham's recollection of being Battroid only would make sense, but yeah, the Nirvash can change modes and they are probably not too worried about part-swapping (the Nirvash sure looks like it has).

Meh, we'll wait and see. Until then, I can't wait to see the other VF100 releases!

Looks like the back of the leg problem is not solved in the VF100s, but may be even worse because now, unlike the DX, the wing gloves do not have tabs to lock into the legs. Also, the feet can't be retracted for fighter mode? That's pretty depressing!

Looks like the back of the leg problem is not solved in the VF100s, but may be even worse because now, unlike the DX, the wing gloves do not have tabs to lock into the legs. Also, the feet can't be retracted for fighter mode? That's pretty depressing!

The guy probably forgot to retract the feet. The pics in the GA Graphic article showed it retracted.

03.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

The guy probably forgot to retract the feet. The pics in the GA Graphic article showed it retracted.

03.jpg

Phew! As to the legs, the lack of pegs probably means u could force it higher, but it wouldn't stay there---as soon as you lift the thing the legs will drop down again.

Looks good to me and affordable. Its a parts former, but doesn't bother me at all. Still looks better than the DX version in Battroid mode!!

post-6180-1235940799_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1235947231_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Im not seeing a huge difference between it and the DX in battroid honestly. Although the 100 seems to be begging to be panel lined.

The neck isn't squished down on the 1/100. Thats why they invented ultra fine pens.... Panel lining!!!!

After seeing all those pictures, I'm pretty sure this is a must buy... But one thing that bugs me, does the parts have some locking mechanism? Don't want one of the leg starts to loose and dangles awkwardly in the distant future.

Edited by Midi_Amp

I picked up one of these guys for 2000en yesterday. Lowest i've seen them for in other places was 3780.

First thing's first. The parts-forming is just friggin annoying. There are a good two dozen left-over parts to keep track of in any one mode.

The fighter mode is really nice though. Quite tight and locked together. The landing gear is actually quite nice and detailed but watch out for the rear landing gear. I snapped off one of the little pegs pulling them out. It still attached but minus one peg.

The rifle needs to have the handle removed and an extra part attached to fit underneath. Speaking of which, you get an opned and closed rifle. (say hello to my little friends!)

Battroid mode is actually quite weak. In build and execution. The hips become very loose after the first few transformations. Not the actual ball joints on the legs but the ball-joint that attaches the crotch piece to the waist.

I like the inclusion of extra rubber head-lazers though. I can see the plastic ones snapping easily. What i was not impressed with was the lack of open palm hands. As it is you have four sets of grasping hands, two fists and two stored hands for fighter mode. Kinda limits rifle posing options.

The ankles have very little motion aside from back and forth. Nicely detailed though.

Overall, I wouldn't say this felt like a 5000en toy. For 2000en it's great. Fighter mode is arguably better than the kit and DX. Battroid is floppy below the waist and the lack of open palm hands is annoying.

Edited by Alex

I picked up one of these guys for 2000en yesterday. Lowest i've seen them for in other places was 3780.

First thing's first. The parts-forming is just friggin annoying. There are a good two dozen left-over parts to keep track of in any one mode.

The fighter mode is really nice though. Quite tight and locked together. The landing gear is actually quite nice and detailed but watch out for the rear landing gear. I snapped off one of the little pegs pulling them out. It still attached but minus one peg.

The rifle needs to have the handle removed and an extra part attached to fit underneath. Speaking of which, you get an opned and closed rifle. (say hello to my little friends!)

Battroid mode is actually quite weak. In build and execution. The hips become very loose after the first few transformations. Not the actual ball joints on the legs but the ball-joint that attaches the crotch piece to the waist.

I like the inclusion of extra rubber head-lazers though. I can see the plastic ones snapping easily. What i was not impressed with was the lack of open palm hands. As it is you have four sets of grasping hands, two fists and two stored hands for fighter mode. Kinda limits rifle posing options.

The ankles have very little motion aside from back and forth. Nicely detailed though.

Overall, I wouldn't say this felt like a 5000en toy. For 2000en it's great. Fighter mode is arguably better than the kit and DX. Battroid is floppy below the waist and the lack of open palm hands is annoying.

Firstly, thats an AMAZING price! How did you get it for half off on the day of release? Also, as to fighter mode, how does it lock together? Of does it just rely on friction and the lightness of the parts? And how is fighter mode better than both the model kit and the DX? I thought it would be the worst of both worlds, having the proportions of the DX and the lack of locking of the model kit.

Firstly, thats an AMAZING price! How did you get it for half off on the day of release? Also, as to fighter mode, how does it lock together? Of does it just rely on friction and the lightness of the parts? And how is fighter mode better than both the model kit and the DX? I thought it would be the worst of both worlds, having the proportions of the DX and the lack of locking of the model kit.

There's a little shop near me that only sells like 5 different things at a time but they're usually the hottest items. He has like 50 of each and they sell like hotcakes.

The fighter mode has flat wings for a start. Something neither the kit nor DX has. And it has a couple of well hidden posts to lock the parts togehter and some clever male-female sculpting that locks the legs to the arms. It all just works and locks together quite solidly.

It has really nice, sleek proportions in this mode. It looks just like the animation model in person.

Edited by Alex

Alex, can't you strengthen that ball joint by a drop of superglue and then dabbing it dry with tissue, to glue in tiny lints to it, and thus increasing the surface area of the ball joint?

Alex, can't you strengthen that ball joint by a drop of superglue and then dabbing it dry with tissue, to glue in tiny lints to it, and thus increasing the surface area of the ball joint?

It's already quite a thin post and it's quite difficult to push in and take out. I'm afraid of doing anyhting that might snap it.

Passed by the shops today too and saw them for sale at about US$35 a pop! It is pretty detailed for the size aand the price is also fairly attractive (far better than the DX toy), so I might be getting one unless I read too many bad reviews on it!

I wish there were shops anywhere close to where I live that actually carried Macross collectibles. The shipping is such a drag.

If I could just walk in to a shop and buy one I would do it today.

I got one today at Tai Po Plaza. Like everyone said, box art looks nice. However, I find the toy a bit fragile. Nevertheless, although I've been handling it quite roughly, the toy is still okay so far. The transformation / swapping parts was quite a pain, and I almost forgot where certain parts were supposed to go when reversing the transformation.

I know most people like the fighter mode, but I actually don't like it that much, as the legs don't lock together well. Battroid mode, on the other hand, is quite nice. Overall, I think I personally still prefer the DX version.

So how do you manage the parts? Do you have a big drawer where they all go? Imagine you collect the entire line of 1/100 and 50 bundles full of parts are lying around. Organization will be a mess.

All my toys go back into their boxes after I am done playing with them, so no problem for me.

So how do you manage the parts? Do you have a big drawer where they all go? Imagine you collect the entire line of 1/100 and 50 bundles full of parts are lying around. Organization will be a mess.

I'm just going to be using spare Figma bags. Those seem pretty good for that kind of thing.

I got mine yesterday and... I was hoping for something better.

I still think that there are many things that could have been transformable, instead of having SO MANY replaceable parts. Having two gunpods is completely unnecesary IMO... and speaking of gunpods, both of mine were bent because of the shape of the plastic tray :(

It feels like a watered-down GNU, with the fragile plastic of the HCM Pro line...

After handling mine for just ONE day, there are some parts that show paint wear. Or maybe they were like that for starters (the paint job for the face in my VF-25F is not the best either).

*sigh*

I hope this is not the only way to get the VF-171.. hopefully it'll be made for the DX line.

Someone said that the legs do not lock on their 25. Mine are just fine. It does need a little squishing together of parts to lock though.

Seriously, this line is just ridiculous. I was quite annoyed lastnight as I had lost the piece that is needed to lock the shield to the back-plate in fighter mode. Found it later though. it had slipped out of the CLOSED box IN the plastic tray. Seems that those pieces will go walk about no mattter how careful you are.

I wanna be unbiased but this is a pretty badly conceived toy.

Hopefully mine will be arriving today or tomorrow from HLJ.

Seriously, I shouldn't have ordered from HLJ. I was scared of a repeat of the model kit situation of them not being available for ages, of of the DX situation with them selling at really high price, but it turns out that quite a few shops here have them and not too crazy price either.

When I saw it in the shop yesterday, it did look really tiny.

Even though I haven't handled it yet, I also don't know why they designed it that you need to swap out so many parts. Really, it is totally feasible to design it with less parts swapping.

Again my guess is a tier 3 design team. :(

Graham