Macross Frontier Episode 21 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

I've been reading all the post, and I think some of you guys need some fresh air :lol:.

This is one confusing episode, as if the vajra attack and people deaths is not confusing enough. And I wonder if Brera escaping is part of Grace plan.

Edited by Morpheus

Wow. I thought this was the best episode yet. I loved Fast pack Klan Klan, reminded me of evangelion coming out of the shaft. Also I teared up when Alto walks into the hanger, and we see Micheal's sniper gunpod, and his valk.Then you hear a sniffle and look, it's mini Klan holding Micheal's helmet crying her heart out, and then we pan a little and see Micheal kept a picture of them as kids in his valk.That made me all teary.

:unsure::( My only questions are, why did Ranka leave? When is Leon going to get his cummupends? And what is the name of the Ranka sing at the end?

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I've been reading all the post, and I think some of you guys need some fresh air :lol:.

This is one confusing episode, as if the vajra attack and people deaths is not confusing enough. And I wonder if Brera escaping is part of Grace plan.

I'm not sure what was so confusing about it...First half: Leon ordered that Battle Frontier be launched, Klan went wild, Luca hatched the plan to lure all the Vajra to Island 3 and use the DE that was there, and Grace seemed quite interested. Second half: Ranka refused to sing, met Ai-kun, and decided to go off to the Vajra, whith Brera helping her. The only really unclear bits, as far as I can tell, are:

1) Does Ranka have her memories back?

2) If Brera is helping Ranka, does Grace know about it?

3) Will Nanase pull through?

Okay, maybe that last one isn't a burning question for anyone else, but I think the answer for all three is...Watch episode 22.

Wow. I thought this was the best episode yet. I loved Fast pack Klan Klan, reminded me of evangelion coming out of the shaft. Also I teared up when Alto walks into the hanger, and we see Micheal's sniper gunpod, and his valk.Then you hear a sniffle and look, it's mini Klan holding Micheal's helmet crying her heart out, and then we pan a little and see Micheal kept a picture of them as kids in his valk.That made me all teary.

:unsure::( My only questions are, why did Ranka leave? When is Leon going to get his cummupends? And what is the name of the Ranka sing at the end?

"Blue Ether," same as the episode title. Lovely, isn't it?

See, it CAN'T be the SDF-4, that designation belongs to the Megaroad-03.

I thought the designation of the Global was Macross Q4, I also thought the only Megaroad with a SDF designation was the SDF-2 Megaroad 01, after that none had the SDF numbering.

Going back to topic:

Michel having the picture in his helmet makes it more touching than having it just laying around the cockpit because it would be the last thing to see before putting on the helmet and first thing to see when going and coming out of combat and also in the case his fighter was taken down he would be ejected along the photo.

Which makes me think Alto should have put on the ear ring Sheryl gave him instead of hanging it on the cockpit ^_^

Yeah it realy is. It make me remember, when and why I feel in love with the Macross series. Any idea where I can find it?

I think you'll have to wait for O.S.T. 2, unless someone leaks it early (always a possibility...).

It has a battroid form? o_o I'm pretty sure it only has two modes, dude.

No, UN Spacy's right. It does have three modes...and the battroid was shown in one of the early magazine articles on Frontier. Someone put up a scan in the episode 20 thread, but I'm too lazy to look for it now...

I don't see what's so confusing about the story so far either.

And it looks like the future spoilers that were posted in another thread are coming true. One of the things that was posted was that Ranka and her brother were going to leave Frontier.

And since that happened, I'm afraid that the part where it was said that Alto was going to go back to the Kabuki stage is also true. That will suck ass.

<_<

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...&pid=645598

^That's the link to the grapevine spoilers.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Maybe i'm cofusing episodes here (two weeks underway does that) but what ship was destroyed by... blimping out? (might be 20. Youtube is my only link for MF)

interesting end. Ranka willing goes with her brother. that's why she fled, she knows brera-bot is KIN.

overall good episodes... ^_^

Misaforever: I wished you'd stop telling ppl to "shut up" if they have some criticism for the show. I think they are valid to an extent and your suggestion that their criticism makes them lesser fans is kind of demeaning. Criticism gives a more accurate view of the show and promotes improvement rather than bias and blind fanboy praise. Just thought i get that off my chest. ^_^

I was expecting Klan to just use a gunpod after she macronised but they went all out and strapped armoured packs on her.

:huh: How the heck does that work? Do Zentraedi have connection ports to plug into the armored packs? As cool as it was it didn't makde sense.

Stampede CF VF-171 is awesome.

Brera supposedly was remote-controlling vf-27 during last episode's battle but was never shown pwning vajra remotely. Did he do anything else? (Like rescuing Michel? Anyway kinda disappointed. It would've been awesome to vajra's being pwned remotely.

I think the dimension eater is a miniaturised version since its blast radius is considerably smaller. Is this the MDE that Grace and Leon are developing? (Mini/Miniature Dimension Eater?)

So Ai-kun/Vajra don't have to go into a cocoon to become bigzam. They just shine and shed green skin?

Alto....you seemed pretty unscathed despite being Michel's good friend. Jerk. :angry:

So Klan didn't die despite what most people thought....so i wonder what role does she have left in the story. Sheryl's moral support? Tragic heroine? Future half of the new Dancing Skulls? (*hint hint*) I can't think of any reason why she should be still alive.

Ranka seemed pretty calm about Ozma supposedly dying compared to episodes 3 or was it 4. I expected her to go batshit crazy and faint after hearing news that Ozma is supposedly dead. She just cried and went off stage and promptly forgotten about her griefs after Ai-kun arrived.

So Klan didn't die despite what most people thought....so i wonder what role does she have left in the story. Sheryl's moral support? Tragic heroine? Future half of the new Dancing Skulls? (*hint hint*) I can't think of any reason why she should be still alive.

To smell the flowers? To stop and gaze upon a butterfly dancing in the wind? To feel the warmth on the setting sun on a clear summer's day? (I know, I know...WHAT setting sun?

^_^ )

In other words, just because her character arc could be finished (I doubt it is, but you never know), doesn't mean she has to die. There was nothing more for Kaifun to do after he left Minmay, but they didn't kill him, right? (More's the pity...)

Ranka seemed pretty calm about Ozma supposedly dying compared to episodes 3 or was it 4. I expected her to go batshit crazy and faint after hearing news that Ozma is supposedly dead. She just cried and went off stage and promptly forgotten about her griefs after Ai-kun arrived.

I don't think she forgot about Ozma at all, I just think she's grown up a bit since episode 3, and hearing about Ozma's "death" helped solidify her knowledge of what she had to do. And then Ai-kun cemented it.

This episode did answer one question,

Brera does actually man the VF-27, it's not a cyberspace cockpit.

And I'm sure we'll see

Ranka Chan return gloriously when all hope is lost

! I have a feeling our friend the

birdman

will be returning too, especially since the

retcon on Zero BD

I don't think she forgot about Ozma at all, I just think she's grown up a bit since episode 3, and hearing about Ozma's "death" helped solidify her knowledge of what she had to do. And then Ai-kun cemented it.

Well she is sure going to be surprised when she finds out Ozma's still alive.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Actually, I am beginning to think that the ending will have Ranka and Sheryl singing against each other :ph34r:

i had considered the possibility. and for folks in the sheryl camp, that would be a welcome development. but i just don't see the motivation for ranka to do that unless she gets assimilated into the hive

speculation:

Perhaps Sheryl's abilities are related now to the V-type infection starting to run out of control?

ah, interesting! ability to affect vajra emerges as her v-type infection rampages, but may ultimately cause her death. tragic.