Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

Warning

Fake GG is out

thanks for the heads up was just about to get that one too :\ like 2 weeks in a row seriously some morons out there *sigh*

and nice screens Graham! definitely they do look sorta thrown together but bad@$$ none the less!

Edited by Cybergig1

Screen caps of the VF-171 with extra weapons from the next ep preview.

Not sure whether these classify as FAST packs or not yet, as they have a sort of jury-rigged bolt-on, temporary look about them.

Graham

DE Weaponry? (We should discuss more of those pics in the mecha thread... Those packs seem very interesting)

Btw... Did Ranka said that they were going to Ai-Kun's homeplanet or simply to deliver him to the Vajra? :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Not sure whether these classify as FAST packs or not yet, as they have a sort of jury-rigged bolt-on, temporary look about them.

Graham

Where the heck ha you been? :angry: As early as the Page 1 of this thread, I was expecting yout to be all over this. :lol: You were always the VF-171/VF-17 NUT. :p

I'm also kinda confused on what to call this pack. Actually in my earlier posts on the other episode threads I was expecting for the original VF-171 Super Pack to make an appearance in MF. :(

hmmm...all i can say is i hope that cyborg idiot wises up and jetitsons that Ranka thingy like the xenomorph plague. What the hell is Ranka going to do? I'm here at this "Vajra hive"....here you go...just bringing this flying tentacled crab thing back....you could learn alot from him.

i knew something was wrong with her....I don't really dislike Ranka...she's just well.....nuts?

BTW...that hottie Grace needs more Airtime!!!! buahahaha

I love this episode! (not as much as ep20, but this one still has moments. ranka leaving and confessing FTW). I don't see how a lot of the early posters expressed disappointment and confusion. (is it because i only watched the raw and something got lost in translation?). the plot seemed to flow naturally for me. and things that might not make sense; if there were, i felt that all would be revealed in due time.

or then again, i might just be biased by this point. like gubaba, i've reached a point where the series has taken me in, hook line and reaction warhead. whatever they do (short of an off-screen death for sheryl, ranka or alto) would probably have me as a fan by this point.

as for this episode! haha, looks like a lot got that EVANGELION vibe when Klan went up to attack. eva with a firm ass! :)

much of the drama of this episode falls squarely on the final scene, whre ranka meets alto. since my japanese is very limited, can anyone tell me what ranka exactly told ranka as to why she's leaving? or even if she didn't tell alto, why did she leave? Is it because she wants to protect frontier? she's guilty? or she want to find a peaceful solution?

in any case, seems she made her decision even before talking with alto, since she left messages to nanase and ozma. did i get that right?

If so, this looks like a call-out to alto for when he stood her up. "ok, alto THIS is how you tell someone that you're going away for a while. not that crrap you pulled on me with michael (RIP)!" :p

gotta watch the subs! can't wait! :)

Because she is beginning to remember her past, Ranks feels that she needs to know some thing, though she still has fear (about her past). Doesn’t say exactly what she wants to know, I assume that she want to know the connection between her and Vajra. So she wants to leave, at least to unit Ai-kun with its buddies.

Before she flied away, she told to Alto she wishes Alto could go with her, and be together forever, and said goodbye to Alto whom she loves the most. (I have confess that I was so moved and almost going to tear when watch this, I never had tear watching anime before....)

Because she is beginning to remember her past, Ranks feels that she needs to know some thing, though she still has fear (about her past). Doesn’t say exactly what she wants to know, I assume that she want to know the connection between her and Vajra. So she wants to leave, at least to unit Ai-kun with its buddies.

Before she flied away, she told to Alto she wishes Alto could go with her, and be together forever, and said goodbye to Alto whom she loves the most. (I have confess that I was so moved and almost going to tear when watch this, I never had tear watching anime before....)

I wonder what does the first image of the previews for next episode meant. It seemed like Ranka in EVA suit floating in space connected to an umbilical cord (linked to the VF-27?)... Perhaps she was summoning the Vajra with her chant...? :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I wonder what does the first image of the previews for next episode meant. It seemed like Ranka in EVA suit floating in space connected to an umbilical cord (linked to the VF-27?)... Perhaps she was summoning the Vajra with her chant...? :blink:

You never went fishing aren't you <_<

I think it is a field mod.

Just to clarify things, I am not blaming any of the characters, and as I said, they simply did what they believed what had to be done.

Someone here was wondering here what racism has to do with hatred of the Vajra. And some here will also wonder about my comment about evil's triumph when hate dominates.

Firstly, racism and specism are at their core the same thing. It's like when a tiger kills someone you care a lot about. The logical, mature and ultimately most honorable thing to do is to kill the man eater and make sure no one else suffers the same fate, driven not by revenge, but justice and genuine concern for your other loved ones and other fellow humans. But to hate the entire species and try to wipe them out, well, that's when the specism barrier is crossed.

From all this war, chaos and hatred against the Vajra (totally justified, but ultimately the result of unscrupulous manipulation), who benefited the most? Leon, the maniacal dictator with the horrific haircut. It was the perfect opportunity to grab what he has always wanted: Power, Unlimited POWER!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

From the amoral Grace's (technically it's Grace&Co Inc.) point of view, its just business as usual, with the current Vajra mass attack an unplanned for but still manageable setback. The phrase "corporate insanity" springs to mind.

I am not in any way blaming Alto for what he did, as he simply could not have reasonably known better. Ranka did nothing wrong, she simply tried what she could to explain things to Alto in the limited time she had, with Brera's help if things get out of control i.e. Alto trying to pump lead into Ai-Kun even when the creature did nothing wrong. The whole scene was actually very well done and very realistic, which I really liked, thus another reason why I voted positively.

edit: Missing point

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

@ about 0:18 that's alto mind set by now. :lol:

"Out of the vaporized ashes of ISLAND 3 comes first sorrow. Then; anger. 'The only Good Bug is a Dead Bug.'" :ph34r:

made a small video while playing around with the movie maker. posted it in the youtube videos thread. ^_^

If so, this looks like a call-out to alto for when he stood her up. "ok, alto THIS is how you tell someone that you're going away for a while. not that crrap you pulled on me with michael (RIP)!" :p

More like: "Alto-kun, I'm not gonna sweet-talk you into a threesome with a Vajra anymore. You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person. But every once in a while, you can be a real c*nt. Farewell"

:lol:

FV

You know Duke, the avatar keeps getting better and better, next week I'll concider opening IRC ^_^

How come we never see The Duke and Agent One in the same place at the same time?? :wacko::lol: :lol:

Ranka's is one of the most annoyng Macross characters to date. She was not so at the very beginning, but in a couple episodes she became a green doll with a very limited vocabulary composed mainly (90%) by "I-I'm sorry" and "Alto-kun!". She deserves a painful demise.

You forgot the other word out of her mouth every three seconds, "Aimo".

Taksraven

Ranka = traitor plz2exterminate.

Not only is she the most annoying character, thanks that she kept Ai-kun's existence a secret she put the whole convoy in jeopardy. And now her betrayal. I hope the government decides to hunt her down for greater justice.

At least we saw Klan going super saiyan and kicking some Vajra asses.

Edited by Suzuran

Drat I've been rather busy and I just noticed I haven't post my impressions of of 19&20. Aww well theyre were awesome ! Now onward to Episode 21

Well... I loved it !

Battle Frontier for the win ! I want you to transform pleeeassse ! :lol:

Leon really is on crappy bastard, I hope retribution is coming for this apeface... Hopefully Ozma and Cathy will be able to bring him down.

I fought Ranka's departure was touching. You guys who call her annoying are crazy :ph34r: She's the most adorable anime character ever ! I wonder how her "quest" will turn out.... also what is the deal of Brera's involvement. I'll assume this Grace's will as well....

Luca feeles like he's going to turn to the dark side.

Grown Up Ai was a nice touch... though it prove that the Vajra definily aren't evil creatures by Nature.

And I really got to wonder how they're gonna manage to end up this series in only 4 episodes without this feeling incredibly rushed :blink:

-Sergorn

Edited by Sergorn