Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

People need to really not use Crunchyroll as a news source for licenses. They list everything they take down as licensed, whether it's an actual license or just a request from the Japanese company. The same goes for AnimeSuki. Crunchyroll also lists plenty of Gundam shows as licensed, but they aren't. As we all know, given Macross' licensing hell in America, if it really WAS licensed, we'd have all heard about it in a big way, and not from Crunchyroll.

People need to really not use Crunchyroll as a news source for licenses. They list everything they take down as licensed, whether it's an actual license or just a request from the Japanese company. The same goes for AnimeSuki. Crunchyroll also lists plenty of Gundam shows as licensed, but they aren't. As we all know, given Macross' licensing hell in America, if it really WAS licensed, we'd have all heard about it in a big way, and not from Crunchyroll.

Wasn't using them as a news source, just asking if anyone heard from any legitimate news sources if that was true.

Sheryl's fols quartz earrings were Mao's earrings which Mao inherited from her parents.

which make's no sence, and makes everything even more confusing. I can buy Sheryl getting the earings from Mao, but how did the Mayan's get fold quartz at least half a century before the vajra were even discovered?

which make's no sence, and makes everything even more confusing. I can buy Sheryl getting the earings from Mao, but how did the Mayan's get fold quartz at least half a century before the vajra were even discovered?

Just because they were recently "discovered" doesn't mean that they didn't exist back then.

Kind of like how the Europeans "discovered" North America. Didn't necessarily mean that the continent just magically appeared when they set foot on it...

Just because they were recently "discovered" doesn't mean that they didn't exist back then.

Kind of like how the Europeans "discovered" North America. Didn't necessarily mean that the continent just magically appeared when they set foot on it...

but native american's weren't making trips to spain in the 1300's.

how the heck did it get here? so far the vajra are the only things that we know make fold quartz, so did the vajra come here? did it come form the bird thing? and what the hell is that thing? wasnt it supposed to be a protoculture thng? were the vajra made by the protoculture?

see, boat load of new questions all over a few seconds of tweaked footage.

but native american's weren't making trips to spain in the 1300's.

how the heck did it get here? so far the vajra are the only things that we know make fold quartz, so did the vajra come here? did it come form the bird thing? and what the hell is that thing? wasnt it supposed to be a protoculture thng? were the vajra made by the protoculture?

see, boat load of new questions all over a few seconds of tweaked footage.

Exactly my point. People never knew North America existed until they "discovered" it, yet it always has been there for hundreds of years.

So it's probably the same with the fold crystals. They've existed for a very, very long time. And yes, the Macross Zero retcon does bring up those questions. They could come from the Vajra alone, or maybe other species can produce it. In the gg sub of ep 23, it was revealed that the Vajra take resources from asteroids and create it themselves. Who's to say that the protoculture didn't have the technology to refine those minerals into fold crystals, similar to what we can do with turning iron ore into steel?

Hopefully, those questions will be answered in the upcoming episodes; if not, then I don't know why Kawamori would do the retcon in the first place.

Who's to say that the protoculture didn't have the technology to refine those minerals into fold crystals, similar to what we can do with turning iron ore into steel?

In one of the earlier episodes it was stated that neither the Protoculture, nor any Protoculture spawned race could overcome the limits of fold technology. Fold crystals seem key to the Vajra ability to overcome those limits.

Of course, the narration may have been mistranslated, so...

Well, then we've got evidence, that at face value would seem contradictory. Of course, there's wiggle room for further explanation, but we'll see.

You know, it's entirely possible that the Nome earrings were not originally fold crystals, but that Mao replaced the original crystals while part of the science team studying the Vajra. Maybe to sneak some fold crystals out for whatever reason. Or maybe it wasn't Mao, but Grace who did it. That is, if it was done at all. Just on possibility that could make sense given a bit more context. We'll see.

It wasn't.

Isn't that pinky spiral in the Birdman made of fold quartz? In fact... the hole from where its blood leaked was in that area and seemed diamond shaped...

AFAIK, The birdman is a Protoculture creation. And according to Macross Zero is from 10,000 years ago. The Protoculture created mankind nearly 500,000 years ago, so by the time of the Birdman's arrival on Earth Protoculture technology was super-duper advanced (that's why they discovered/created the fold quartz until then...)... The Protoculture left the Birdman on Earth as a test/probe/last resort-doomsday device for stopping humanity from becoming war-like as the Zentradi...

I'm telling you ppl... The Vajra came from the Birdman... :ph34r:

post-7862-1221394375_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Could it be not dead, but all absorbed?

Since we're analyzing music. Can anyone tell if Yousei had Megumi singing backups? They're so muffled I can't tell... and after lookign back at how What Bout my Star was handled, I wanted to see if we could guess if this song will reemerge in show.

Edited by s-girl

It's not the same singers as Zero btw, right? I rewatched the ending recently and was struck by the use of opera singers... this sounds like a mezzosoprano though... not Sara Nome's singer's voice, but maybe someone here knows.

On the other hand, this kind of ending doesn't make sense to me. It would mark such a thematic departure for Kawamori that it would make me kind of sad for him. He's generally an optimist... sure people sacrifice themselves along the way... but he tends to try to be hopeful with what he puts out. Killing off everyone sounds a bit too out of character for Kawamori.

For me, the above doesn't really fit with the kind of franchise Macross fundamentally is. The series' have all seemed to have a central tenet of hope, and a belief that it is possible to lay down weapons and communicate with your perceived enemy. I hope that the above is incorrect because it takes Macross to a much darker and hopeless place.

M

For once I´d wish Kresphy would tell us from where he got the spoilers, instead of vanishing off into the ether. Well, no matter. Unless Kawamori wants to kill the Macross franchise dead, dead, dead, these spoilers are probably fake.

Perhaps he's been reading too much 2ch. Those chans...really bad for your health.

Perhaps he's been reading too much 2ch. Those chans...really bad for your health.

Eh, the last set of spoilers ( which weren´t from the magazines ) were false, so I hope this turns out to be the same. Still, not a nice way to end the evening here. :(

Eh, the last set of spoilers ( which weren´t from the magazines ) were false, so I hope this turns out to be the same. Still, not a nice way to end the evening here. :(

Or those Chinese boards could be smoking something... :rolleyes:

Well... Look at it this way:

If there is to be a 2nd season, then they could do this:

Instead of having everyone dead, why not teleport them all to another dimension, or another location in space, and continue the story there? They could pull off a VOYAGER and have a quest for them to find a way home, or something. Heck, we might find out what happened to Shin and Sarah, and perhaps even the Protoculture!

XD