Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

EDIT: So fuzzy! lol, didn't help much. Uhm. listed weight is for when its empty. Anyway I'm fairly sure this doesn't show anything new. It's the stats from before

Actually, there's a few new data, the most interesting is the maiden flight of VF-25, which happens at 24th June 2057, at somewhere which belongs to Shinsen Industries. (I admit, my katakana sucks. :p)

EDIT: Alright, I can finally read some of them. Apparently, VF-25 has its maiden flight in planet Eden, the planet where the Project AVF was held in M+

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Actually, there's a few new data, the most interesting is the maiden flight of VF-25, which happens at 24th June 2057, at somewhere which belongs to Shinsen Industries. (I admit, my katakana sucks. :p)

EDIT: Alright, I can finally read some of them. Apparently, VF-25 has its maiden flight in planet Eden, the planet where the Project AVF was held in M+

This would be one day after my 80th birthday.....if I manage to live that long.

The only thing there new and interesting is the G limit of the VF-25: 27.5G

This is the what the YF-19 was: +31.0/-18.5

Pulling up, even the YF-19 exceeds the VF-25 significantly?

Incidentally this is the G limit of the VF-22: +60/-45

So yeah... the VF-25 has massively more powerful engines than the VF-19 or VF-22 but is not any faster nor can it accelerate any better =X

Edited by ChronoReverse

Hopefully the HD comes out soon but the V-9 Ghost if it is any indication is a mass production version of the X-9 Ghost.

I suddenly realize who Macross Galaxy really is... the Macross Consortium.

No wonder they are leaps ahead of other fleets.

Not Galaxy General as I thought at first.

The only thing there new and interesting is the G limit of the VF-25: 27.5G

This is the what the YF-19 was: +31.0/-18.5

Pulling up, even the YF-19 exceeds the VF-25 significantly?

Incidentally this is the G limit of the VF-22: +60/-45

So yeah... the VF-25 has massively more powerful engines than the VF-19 or VF-22 but is not any faster nor can it accelerate any better =X

I'd wonder if that isn't that rating for max g with pilot for the VF-25

Yeah, I was shocked at that one too. But it's not totally unheard of. The ARMD (DYRL Version) had 262 VF-1 Valkyries.

Nonetheless, fantastic screen shot. Loved that fleet.

The only issue I have with that is the semi-experimental status of the VF-25. With that many, it's practically already in mainline service.

It does explain where they keep finding more VF-25 and VF-25 parts for Alto though.

From the way I understood their description of the VF-25 adoption, it was already a sure thing that was beginning mass production; the SMS simply got the chance to run it in combat first before the NUNS. Nonetheless, we've been seeing Messiah CFs for some time now in the series and it makes sense that VF-25 production would have leaped ahead once the Vajra reared their heads :)

From the way I understood their description of the VF-25 adoption, it was already a sure thing that was beginning mass production; the SMS simply got the chance to run it in combat first before the NUNS. Nonetheless, we've been seeing Messiah CFs for some time now in the series and it makes sense that VF-25 production would have leaped ahead once the Vajra reared their heads :)

That's what i was thinking.

Too bad we never ever see a CF VF-25 in action. :(

That's what i was thinking.

Too bad we never ever see a CF VF-25 in action. :(

Yes we did. Back in Episode 21 it was in Battroid mode and was using a Super Pack. :D That particular CF even had SMS003 emblazoned on its shoulder. ;)

Edited by grss1982

No. :)

It did the "Alto Manuever" from episode 14. Firing missiles while at the same time transforming from fighter to battroid mode.

It was just one lone CF....and that doesn't count due to recycled animation. :p

I mean it would've been cool if we saw Ozma saying "TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART!!" and wing leaders all over SMS /NUNS acknowledge his leadership. Throughout the show it felt like Ozma was just a wing leader for Skull, not a squadron leader. Heck show Ozma doing some leadership to other teams to cut off the enemy would've been cool enough for me. :D

BTW....because of Alto's antics Quarter has a shortage of parts for the other VF-25 squadrons. :rolleyes: The shortage is mainly on some keyparts of the Super Pack and the Gunpod. :ph34r:

Perhaps those are Cannon Fodder Packs. :lol:

BUT LOL LACK GUNPOD. Probably just use their head lasers and wing root lasers? :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Just received Frontier DVD # 2 from amazon jp and the booklet has a lot of CG art of the VF-25S, including pictures with dimensions. Hopefully this will settle the height debate.

Note, just like the model kit, the landing gear is supposed to be long.

See attached pic.

Graham

post-11-1222431338_thumb.jpg

Just received Frontier DVD # 2 from amazon jp and the booklet has a lot of CG art of the VF-25S, including pictures with dimensions. Hopefully this will settle the height debate.

See attached pic.

Graham

When looking at the picture, it shows Ozma's VF-25S, which means the other height found on model box is for Alto's VF-25F?

Holy early release, Batman! I've been scouring the local book stores for the past couple of days - and lo and behold, the release date for this issue is today (9.26). Graham, you're supplier release them early, or what? Perk from being a regular customer???

CG mecha scans from the new November 2008 issue of Hobby Japan Magazine.

Note the various versions of the VF-171EX.

After about a month, I will remove the pages from the mag to file them and then I can do better scans.

Graham

You know I just realized that with the awesome performance of the Quarter in the last episode would it be in the realm of possibility that within the Macross Universe we will be seing Macross Quarter Class of warships?

So in essence:

SDF Class

New Macross Class

Macross Quarter Class

I really hope to see more of the Quarter or its sister ships in future Macross movies', OVA's and series'. :D

Galaxy's tech really intrigues me. There are noticeably two versions of the Ghosts, one that has energy based weapons like the 27, and one that is more missile based. The ones that I am talking about are in blue.

Also their A.I. have been improved. They work to destroy the enemy and protect the mothership. Same for Luca's Judah system. Notice when he was about to be fried by laser fire, the Ghost moved in front of his cockpit to sacrifice itself. Much like support craft in Raiden Fighters.

You know I just realized that with the awesome performance of the Quarter in the last episode would it be in the realm of possibility that within the Macross Universe we will be seing Macross Quarter Class of warships?

So in essence:

Macross Class

New Macross Class

Macross Quarter Class

I really hope to see more of the Quarter or its sister ships in future Macross movies', OVA's and series'. :D

Fixed. Also the SDF-2 design may have not been abandoned hopefully.

I am beginning to wonder if we don't have a "Megalord Class", but right now I am going by the assumption that the Global was just a continuation of the Macross Class.

Well that is an interesting point. In the non-canon Macross VO PC game the UN Spacy mothership is called Megaroad 02.

Only it is not a Megaroad as we know it but a Macross.

We'll have to wait and see if the Chronicle puts out any info on the "Megalord".

Until then:

The "Megalord" was never used as a colony ship (Macross, Megaroad, New Macross , and Island Cluster are the only one's listed in Chronicle.)

In addition to being tried and tested, the Macross class would be easier to reproduce in the Factory Satellite as it's based on a Supervision Army ship; and as the ASS-1 class is already in the Factory Satellite's databanks (after all, the Supervision Army used captured Protoculture and Zentraedi ships), it's be easier to modify those existing plans than create/input new ones from scratch for an untried and untested design.

But that's just me, at this time, given the information available and the circumstances of the era that the Megalord class would most likely be produced in.

Holy early release, Batman! I've been scouring the local book stores for the past couple of days - and lo and behold, the release date for this issue is today (9.26). Graham, you're supplier release them early, or what? Perk from being a regular customer???

Sketchley, both HJ and DH are usually on the hobby store shelves here on the 23rd or 24th of each month.

I understand in Japan the release date is supposed to be 25th or 26th, which makes me wonder if they are actually printed in southern China, and not Japan, thus shorter travel time to HK vs. Japan and slightly earlier release date.

Graham

See attached pic.

Graham

Very cool! Thanks for posting!

I think Macoss Quarter attack list should be included the PPB bayonet-like and "Macross Attack" with the carrier arm and destroid squad.

About Battle Galaxy, the shoulder cannons are much more bigger than the other NMC and also there are numerous ARMD/Guantanamo launch deck on the arm section.