TR2N

The question is, would Jeff Bridges bother to pop in if it were just a promo reel? I'm leaning more towards the in production side. Thinking back, everyone did return for the 2 disc DVD special features/documentaries, all seemed to be in good spirits, so likely, anyone asked back would come.

With that said, I just watched "War Games: The Dead Code" .... while not the worst piece of trash I've seen, TR2N almost has to be infinately better than that.

Edited by Keith

Given the reception the promo reel seems to be getting, I have a hard time imagining them not moving forward at this point. But then again it's Disney, so who knows? Either way, this one is a long way off so don't expect any 3 3/4" lightcycles under the tree this Christmas.

But I need to have every Dreadnok have a different eclectic Motorcycle to ride! Already got an OCC bike (too normal) and a MOSPEADA. I should have Monkeywrench ride a light cycle!

post-772-1217309079_thumb.jpg

Check out the Transformers Animated toy "Oil Slick", this might be just what you are looking for. Here is a link to a Seibertron.com picture gallery of Oil Slick being ridden by Torch. Check it out.

To keep things from getting to far off topic, all this last week My 5 and 3 year old sons have been watching Tron two or three times a day, and playing with my old light cycle, and now they announce Tron 2. They sold me before I even saw the trailer. :lol:

But I need to have every Dreadnok have a different eclectic Motorcycle to ride! Already got an OCC bike (too normal) and a MOSPEADA. I should have Monkeywrench ride a light cycle!

Check out the Transformers Animated toy "Oil Slick", this might be just what you are looking for. Here is a link to a Seibertron.com picture gallery of Oil Slick being ridden by Torch. Check it out.

To keep things from getting to far off topic, all this last week My 5 and 3 year old sons have been watching Tron two or three times a day, and playing with my old light cycle, and now they announce Tron 2. They sold me before I even saw the trailer. :lol:

I didn't know Lobo's Hog had been made into a Transformer :lol:

Yeah, I used to watch it a lot as a kid too, can't wait to hear more about this movie.

The toys from the original movie were pretty horrendous actually. That's probably why you never saw them. In my opinion the only good Tron toys were the lightcycles. With that being said I found some links with pictures of Tron toys. Big Bad Toy store & Tron Sector

heck year the cycles do look great!, figures are somewhat lacking, but can imagine the new tron stuff will be hell of alot better.

needed more action. I don't think the plot was bad though.

Also who else thinks that the bleed effect used in the 1st movie should be brought back to an extent? I loved it. That an the energy water... yumm.

I always felt thirsty watching them drink that stuff. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

needed more action. I don't think the plot was bad though.

Also who else thinks that the bleed effect used in the 1st movie should be brought back to an extent? I loved it. That an the energy water... yumm.

I always felt thirsty watching them drink that stuff. :lol:

Hell yeah, I forgot about that!!

Hope they don´t fart up this movie!

The trailer looks like it's being done by someone who cares, if the movie is in the same hands, we should be safe. As for the original, I never found it borring, and still get as much enjoyment now as I did as a kid.

Hell, I even loved the Kingdom Hearts 2 Tron world they did. And now that I think about it, they even got Bruce Boxlightener to reprise his voice in that, so I doubt he'd pass up the offer to be in an actual sequal.

Edited by Keith

When I first saw Tron as a kid, I realized it wasn't your typical Disney summer flick, like the Love Bug, for instance. The script and the pace were obviously on the adult side whereas the visuals were a delight for me. But that's the reason why I still enjoy Tron, it works at many levels.

Apparently back then Disney didn't have the precise content outlines for their movies they have today, other than no explicit torture, bestiality or coprophagia.

Looks like the trailer was only test footage and doesn't have a script yet. It's scheduled for a Summer 2010 release. John Lasseter is the Chief Creative Officer and it sounds like Steve Lisberger is no longer involved. Eddie Kitsis & Adam Horowitz are writing the script. See here for more info.

Edited by D15C0RD

Man, I want Tron, Disc's of Tron, & TMNT the Arcade Game on the PSN...

It also seems like kind of a bitch movie to kick the original creator of the project after working a couple years to restart it, but htat's stock disney.

Edited by Keith

sounds like it wasn't disney but lasseter who made that call:

Don't get me wrong, folks. Lasseter is still extremely respectful of all the groundbreaking work that Lisberger & his production team did on the first "TRON." Which is why Steve will receive a co-producer credit on this 2010 Walt Disney Pictures release. But as for Lisberger having any real creative input on the sequel ... "GAME OVER !," man.

So far after seeing the leaked trailer from SDCC I like what I saw... the SFX appear to be pretty good along with the visuals which are accurate... I like that Jeff Bridges still plays a major role in the movie... I just hope that the movie has a deeper and bigger plot than the last one which was still very good IMO.

This is the latest from AICN. Well latest as in a couple days ago anyways.....

"Hey Harry-

Jim Hill’s piece on Tr2n sounds very dramatic but actually we are trying to put all the drama into the script. I can assure you I am very much involved with Tr2n. It’s a collaborative effort just like the first film was. We have a very talented and dedicated young group and I am doing my best to inspire them as much as they are inspiring me. The trailer, as amazing as it is, is only the beginning.

All the best,

Steven Lisberger"

So Lisberger being out? Don't think so. Or, doesnt seem like it to me anyway.

• 7 months later...

Only tron stuff I have is the reissue light cycles that neca did back in 01 I believe and the medicom ones that were the best light cycles and figures made so far. here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.toywiz.com/disneytronorg.html

yep..ive got the large red lightcycle from medicom paid $50....rocks!

they mislabled these bikes..says mine is flynn's with flynn figure..but it's rams bike in the movie.

i want to go for the small versions that come with the: tank..recognizer..mcp

but very pricey collecables now..

sue we will see medicom re--release for the new movie..they would be dumb not too ...

• 3 months later...

Say goodbye to TR2N.

Say hello to TRON Legacy.

On Thursday during the Disney 3D panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, moderator Patton Oswalt conducted a q&a session after revealing the official title of the highly-anticipated sequel to the 1982 sci-fi action film starring Jeff Bridges: Tron: Legacy. The film, which debuted via a surprise teaser trailer during last year's Comic-Con, has since moved forward into production, and Oswalt interviewed a panel of cast and crew members about its progress. Among the highlights of the panel:

* The film's title positions the film to be a follow-up without being "just" a sequel. It seems like the film will provide longtime fans with a familiar lexicon of Tron imagery while introducing updated characters, vehicles and locations to new audiences.

* Original music played over the image that revealed the film's title, presumably by composing team Daft Punk, which combined their trademark futuristic sounds with classic audio cues from 1980s video games. Steven Lisberger, the writer-director who created the original Tron 27 years ago, said that the film offered a personal rejuvenation of his creativity, in addition to just resuscitating the characters and universe for audiences. "We got to get to this frontier first and we got to dream big," he said in reference to the '82 film. "[but now,] we just scanned Jeff Bridges for real and put him on the game grid."

* Disney screened two clips, including a 3D version of the teaser that was created especially for Comic-Con last year (which looked terrific). The second clip was a scene in which Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) revisited his father's arcade, which looks identical to the set in the first film, albeit slightly older and more dust-covered. The best moment comes when Sam tries to play the original Tron video game, which looks just like it did 27 years ago, complete with primitive graphics.

* The following image is concept art of Flynn's Generation 2 Light Cycle, which is the so-called "fastest light cycle on the grid."

post-31-1248415326_thumb.jpg

post-31-1248415336_thumb.jpg

I dig the bike, tho' it looks more like a concept bike than an actual light cycle. Light cycles should look ethereal, like they belong to the virtual realm IMO.

Anyway, a revival of the Tron license is good news. Maybe some 1/6 manufacturer like Hot Toys picks up the license and gives us classic figures and bikes in that scale. And following that line of thought, maybe I'll find an abandoned suitcase filled with money from a dead drug dealer and buy the whole line.

I dig the bike, tho' it looks more like a concept bike than an actual light cycle. Light cycles should look ethereal, like they belong to the virtual realm IMO.

Anyway, a revival of the Tron license is good news. Maybe some 1/6 manufacturer like Hot Toys picks up the license and gives us classic figures and bikes in that scale. And following that line of thought, maybe I'll find an abandoned suitcase filled with money from a dead drug dealer and buy the whole line.

The lightbike looks cool, and we haven't seen it in it's final lighting which, hopefully, will retain the feel of the originals. I'm not keen on the chrome parts or greeblies on the back.