Macross Frontier Episode 16 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 16  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 16 Rating

• Positive (Decepti...whoops wrong show...RANKA!!!! ATTACK!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Sheryl sneaks out of the hospital...I wanna sneak out of this show)

Can't hold out for HD raws.

I really like this new version of Aimo. It has a very different sort of feel. A little bit more Yoko Kanno in a way. it reminds me a bit of her Arjuna and Turn-A Gundam soundtracks.

And... Alto is really ... I dunno, not going beyond his one-dimensionality for me in this episode. Bah

Well aren't you just the shiznat :p:) Meanwhile, I'll watch Macross F on my nice 19" CRT thank you. :D

42" LCD for me, thank you very much :p

Anyway.... it's really weird that this threat has moved so slow. Guess we can thank the lack of raws for that, but... still.... WEIRD.

It would seem that after 3 cliffhanger episodes in a row, this one turned out to be soooooo slow and boring in comparison? :mellow:

No surprises?

No WTF-1?

No alien-baby Ranka?

No terminatrix/Major Kusanagi/Grace?

No Booby spilling the love beans to Ozma?

:(

Just hope there's a decent RAW by the time I get home (Shinsen-Raws, I'm looking at you!)

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

As a way of healing your hearts and distracting your wait for the raw/subs; Go watch "The Dark Knight" ..... i've never been blown away by a movie like that one just did to me, it fully deserves to be among the top 10 best movies of all time .....

Ok back to waiting for raws!

I too prefer HD raws as I can do 1280x720 without resizing but I will watch it on Veoh if I have to. I just get a better one later for screen caps or what not. I have to wonder though how it got to Veoh before any torrent site, usually it is the other way around and everything on Veoh is uploaded from people with the torrents.

Just watched the one on veoh.

This episode has a different sort of feel compared to other episodes. Or it could've been since I was half asleep. I see the AltoxSheryl part of the triangle has developed a tiny bit. (nooooooooo) And I hope next episode we find out more about Brera. Tiny Ranka, cute!

Could it be that Brera has some sort of emotion chip? I believe there were androids in Macross Plus, but I haven't been able to watch the OVA =[. I think Brera has emotions to some extent, or is an cyborg, not an android. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...My head's a bit sleepy now.

I watched the veoh and I had to vote neutral on this one.

Something about this episode felt a bit off to me, like something was different. They reused a lot of footage for this too, and not just in the mecha department either. There is a shot of missiles killing a yellow Vajra that has been used constantly since ep.7 and it was used

twice in this episode. I did like the story but the whole Ranka attack thing isn't going for me, maybe because it does seem a lot like Mac7 but I don't think that would bother me. I definitely feel I would have been a bit more into it with subs but I just can't figure out what is going on that is making me think neutral.

Maybe I'll like it better when I can see it in better resolution and with subs so I can understand it more. Aside from that decent episode.

No torrents yet but it is uploaded at Veoh.

Geez as usual they don't understand what Basara sings for.

Even Bobby.

If he was there he'd teach that singing is not for killing.

Probably tell Ranka she a gaki letting herself be tricked by the military.

Lion has been confirmed as the new opening for 6-8 weeks now, it's the first track on the new single with Northern Cross being the second and NC was used this episode.

Maybe we haven't reached the half way mark yet. Many sites still seems to be guessing how many episodes this series actually is. It used to be listed as 13 episodes in the beginning and look were we are now. Have any macross serie had the standard number of episodes.

I have seen other series that had to few number of episodes listed until it was shown in the last listed episode that there were more episodes a week later.

I think they wanted us to fell this way about The Ranka Attack. I hate Basara (most of the time) but he wasn't wrong.

Edited by panpo98

No new opening. :( New Ending. :)

Fight fight fight!

http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07kw2.jpg

See you Next Deculture!

Is that the same footage of the VF-25 from Episode 1?

:blink:

*manly tears*

SIMPLY :lol:

@ azrael , MisaForever, and Garou Kuroryuu:

You people are so lucky. I only get to watch MF on a 17" Dell Monitor made waaaaaaaaaaay back in 1995. :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

RAW is OUT!!!

Finally, now I can watch this correctly. In 1280x720 HD goodness.

I think this will allow me to enjoy it more.

Lots of recycle scene on this episode, however these are the things that make this episode shine:

- Alto thrown by Brera and humiliated in his class

- Alto getting punched and kicked by Sheryl

- How Sheryl sneak up to the Quarter bridge and "bribing" the guards lol.

Wait long enough and we get the MBS and CTC broadcasts. ^_^

I thought MBS was the first broadcast... I never was able to figure it out... I usually just wait for an HD raw whenever it happens.

Finally, now I can watch this correctly. In 1280x720 HD goodness.

I think this will allow me to enjoy it more.

?!?!?!?! My 1440x900 monitor doesn't do it justice! (Playing the 1440x1080 MP4, that is.) Trust me, the only way to see it is on a 37 inch (I think that's the correct conversion) OR LARGER tv, in high vision (HDTV?)! That way you can answer things like "where does the transport go when the title flashes on the screen?"

Me thinks things are "slow" because it's summer. Lots of people are on vacation or playing outside.

Personally, I like this slower pace...

Not sure what constitutes spoiler, so I'll be safe.

New ending theme song for the win! Very much looking forward to this one. The end credits felt very Bond movie as well. Makes May'n (or the dancer) quite hot.

New Aimo, not so much. Seemed really depressing and a little soulless. Perhaps that came across on some of the charts we were viewing. Or maybe Ranka's synch ratio with the VB-6 was a little off today? :)

Character artwork seemed pretty high quality, not much new mecha pr0n though...

Need subtitles!

?!?!?!?! My 1440x900 monitor doesn't do it justice! (Playing the 1440x1080 MP4, that is.) Trust me, the only way to see it is on a 37 inch (I think that's the correct conversion) OR LARGER tv, in high vision (HDTV?)! That way you can answer things like "where does the transport go when the title flashes on the screen?"

Me thinks things are "slow" because it's summer. Lots of people are on vacation or playing outside.

Personally, I like this slower pace...

Well not everyone has HD TVs in the 37 inch or higher range. Give me a large sack of money and then we'll talk about proper viewing capability. Until then I'm content with my computer's LCD monitor which gives me a pretty clear picture, and in the end that is all for which I ask.

i just leech the tv from my dad... back to topic...

does anyone know where we can get the pencil colored scans of the ending... they look sweet from an artists point of view... >.<

The torrent(s) seem to be running a bit slower and later this time around, but I've just finished watching the episode (yes! my weekly fix!). Myself personally, I did not find anything "disappointing" about this one at all. It will be interesting to see the subs when they come out :)

Well the biggest TV in my house is about 27 inches, and none of the ones we have are HD. In fact, none of them are even flat screens. They aren't exactly the newest TVs around but that is because the money doesn't exist for me to have the latest stuff. However I don't really care. Like I said I am content with what I have. I would definitely get better if given the means but I don't need to go out of my way for it.

As for the episode, once being able to watch it in better quality I was able to enjoy it more. There is still a lot I don't get which I need subs for, so I wait for those.

Edited by Master Dex