Macross Frontier Episode 15 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 15 rating  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 15 poll

• Positive (After that last episode, I need a cigarette)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (ZZZZZZZ....Are we done?)

Not about ep 15 specifically....

I'm not sure if i voiced it before but i'll say it anyway. :lol:

If there's one thing i have a problem with macross frontier is, they focus too much on the love triangle. The side characters get pushed aside too much and we almost get no development on them. That's kinda sad cuz i think the side chaaracters are awesome. Didn't Ramaria just died last ep? Where's the grief? The loss? And there is a single shot of loliKlan happily feeding michel what suspiciously looks like chopped pineapples...... and seemed Luca/Canaria didn't even appear this episode. I can understand that the anime focuses on the love triangle but really....i'm sure it can do better for the supporting casts. SDFM and 7 generally had better fleshed out supporting characters.

Ozma's car cracks me up. Something to prove, Ozma?

I'm wondering if Sheryl's posted Blood type is "true." (Are we privy to the real one on the website or is it possible it's incorrect?) Looks like Grace wanted to hide something about Sheryl....

(I want song cap please XD)

Overall, liked some parts but the plot exposition is a bit too ... I dunno a little too early? I hope some of this a red herring otherwise they've killed some of the suspense for me.

Edited by s-girl

Ozma's car cracks me up. Something to prove, Ozma?

I'm wondering if Sheryl's posted Blood type is "true." (Are we privy to the real one on the website or is it possible it's incorrect?) Looks like Grace wanted to hide something about Sheryl....

(I want song cap please XD)

Most likely the poisoning with the Witchcraft 639 pills. Although I wonder what else Sheryls blood hides.

:blink: Anyway, the sing-off was pretty spectacular, even if the animation of the episode was pretty uneven. Still better than episode 8, though.

Oh, well... I hope the subs come soon. :)

I liked this episode.

Grace was rather unhappy that Project Fairy was a failure and that Sheryl didn't die. Interesting that Grace is from Gallia IV.

The first thing that popped into my head at seeing the YF-24 was "descended from the 21/22 with the headcowl/headlaser combo.

Regarding the

YF-24 (interesting that it's not

VF-24) I get a vibe that says VF-1 Valkyrie meets VF-5000 Star Mirage. Just looking at the schematic side view for both, it looks like a slightly redesigned VF-1-style nose was put on a slightly redesigned VF-5000 and called the YF-24 (with some bits and pieces of the YF-21/VF-22) :)

Made an ugly, but simple comparison picture

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneous/compare-yf24.jpg

I have yet to see episode 14 and 15 (and won't be able to for another 4 days at least)...but I have been reading some of the spoilers. I have a question for you guys who have seen episode 15 though....

Since there was a "sing-off"...who won? Or rather, who do you guys think won? Who was more 'pronounced'? Or was it dead even?

Thanks!

Was that Brera on the cover of that idol magazine that Sheryl was reading?

Does that mean he's going to start singing now? :rolleyes:

MF's very own Basara Nekki?

:ph34r: So that means that those two VF-27 we saw flying alongside him in Episode 7 where MF's version of Ray & Viffidas in one fighter (Two-Seat VF-27 :) ) and the other had MF's version of Mylene (VF-27 with Boobs :blink:)? :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

I have yet to see episode 14 and 15 (and won't be able to for another 4 days at least)...but I have been reading some of the spoilers. I have a question for you guys who have seen episode 15 though....

Since there was a "sing-off"...who won? Or rather, who do you guys think won? Who was more 'pronounced'? Or was it dead even?

Thanks!

Does this even merit spoilers?

It really depends on whether you want us to take into context hte song in the episode or the contrasts overall with the OP and new version of the ED.

Overall, I think the ED is too high for Ranka's seiyuu and they should have dropped it slightly as the first few notes sound strained. Otherwise it's a nice arrangement. Likewise in the show, Mai has to drop range to sing along with Ranka's version of What bout my star and sounds a bit awkward in those first few notes. It's because they initially recorded both songs to suit the ideal range for each of the respective individuals and isntead of doing new tracks, sounds like they spliced in the other voices.

This is probably a budgetary issue or maybe a lack of forethought. Had it been known that the intent was to eventually have a song that featured both comfortably, I think I would fiddled with the starting scale slightly.

Nice touch though with the ED including both voices. But it sounds like they made Ranka's seiyuu sing with the karoake version of the single!

But to be honest, episode 14 guest voice pwns both in like her few seconds of singing. :p

Edited by s-girl

Thanks!

I had the vibe that Ranka was scoring more points in getting Alto's attention, as she has been growing bolder and bolder from how she used to be more quiet and shy. Sheryl kicked everything off by starting to sing, expressing her feelings through song, her passion. Currently the ball seems to be in Ranka's court.

They're both kind of even in things they've done with Alto.

Sheryl: date, kiss, Alto saw her breasts, Alto went with her birthday present, rescue

Ranka: helped find the concert hall, multiple rescues, spending time with her, kiss, was taken flying in the skies of Gallia IV, saw if she dyes her hair or not... (one step farther than Sheryl)

With the twists and turns this series takes, I'm not willing to place any hard bets on who will get Alto. Just when things are looking up for Sheryl, Ranka kicks in. In a bit, it's going to go back to Sheryl.

I get the feeling that Sheryl and Ranka will wind up forming a singing team later... Either that or the two of them together will be the key to something or another. There had to be a reason that they synchronized and could be both heard singing through the earring back in episode 7, which was mentioned in this episode.

Regarding the

YF-24 (interesting that it's not

VF-24) I get a vibe that says VF-1 Valkyrie meets VF-5000 Star Mirage. Just looking at the schematic side view for both, it looks like a slightly redesigned VF-1-style nose was put on a slightly redesigned VF-5000 and called the YF-24 (with some bits and pieces of the YF-21/VF-22) :)

Made an ugly, but simple comparison picture

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneous/compare-yf24.jpg

Yeah that was my thought when I first saw it i thought at a quick glance it was a VF-5000. It also reminds me of the SW-XA1 Schneeblume.

The starting part of the recap was kinda badly done imho, with random clips of the previous battles pasted in with Sheryl singing in the background. But later the episode has some nice recap clips in the right places intertwined with answers to some plot points.

I instead liked it very much.

With the twists and turns this series takes, I'm not willing to place any hard bets on who will get Alto. Just when things are looking up for Sheryl, Ranka kicks in. In a bit, it's going to go back to Sheryl.

Alto buys it, and both girls (whom do seem to share a certain love for each other) do the "morning widow" thing, and stay friends.

I like that design of the 24. at first glance i said 21/22, because of the big wide (F-15E wide) wings. but with the shield on the aft end of the fusalage, the 24 gets it's linage from both the 19 and 22. Was the 24 ever built or flown?

I see 19 in the cockpit glass, and the nose.

It hit me that we haven't seen Ranka's little frog phone in a while. It's like her little green furry tentacle friend is replacing it. Just wait until she forgets that it's not like her phone and decides to squeeze it to turn it off when she's angry... :lol::p

Didn't Ramaria just died last ep? Where's the grief? The loss? And there is a single shot of loliKlan happily feeding michel what suspiciously looks like chopped pineapples...... and seemed Luca/Canaria didn't even appear this episode. I can understand that the anime focuses on the love triangle but really....i'm sure it can do better for the supporting casts. SDFM and 7 generally had better fleshed out supporting characters.

And here I'm with you. Poor dead pixie girl didn't even deserve a funeral?

Regarding the singing...

Is it just me or does it start to look like Ranka and Sheryl just start enjoying the singing more than the issue of winning over Alto? That cracked me up when they both started 'playing' with him. Good thing for him though that Sheryl coughed and ended it all. It might have been nosebleed city XDDDDDD

I can't wait to see fanvids of this.

What a great episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion that was, too bad it was mislabelled as Macross Frontier Episode 15!!!.

Taksraven

(This is the first and hopefully only time I have to vote negative on an episode)

Remember deaths for SMS are considered accidents though. That is one big accident...

Ok, I can honestly say I think I like the YF-24 better than the 25 or 27

^_^ It's like a cross between an Su-27 and a F-22. No fancy wing folding, but I love the slick delta profile.

As for the VF-26.. being a multiple of 13, that may be a number people might just skip.

I'm kind of split as to the reason for Grace's blood sample shenanigans. The obvious answer is that she's covering up the mickeys she's been slipping Sheryl by replacing the blood sample with something clean. But after all the crazyness going on, that seems too simple. I'm actually starting to think again that Sheryl may be related to Mao, in which case they'd want to cover up her special blood.

After the last episode, I don't honestly think Ranka can be related to Mao.. besides the part Zentraedi blood, the image of her mother in the last episode looked like she had green hair as well (assuming of course that it was her mother.. the episode title would seem to state that as a fact just by association with the song).

What I'm starting to get from all this is that the gems are actually a living organism of some type. We see them embedded in the little bacteriophages in Ranka's blood, and sprouting all over the vajra queen. Now, whether they're a single organism that's been split, or a group of individuals is up for grabs. But they do seem to be connected somehow, probably by emotions, or even (dare I say it) something like spiritia. They obviously can transmit songs over long distances. At least from this last episode we know it's not limited to songs, since Ranka was obviously in pain from the damage dealt to the vajra. Maybe the gems have a collective consciousness of sorts.

I dunno what to think anymore really. I'm just waiting for the next WTF moment to come and reveal something new. ^_^

Oh, and btw, while typing this I had a terrible thought.. one I should probably be shot for. Given the current situation... I seriously wonder how long it is before someone takes the parallel I noticed, and runs with it... giving a massive amount of crossover jokes/art no doubt. See, since Brera and Ranka are obviously going to be together after this, I see a horrid possibility for what happens.. Brera (the half man/half robot) and Ranka (the unwitting host to a bunch of bits of jewel floating around her body) set off across the galaxy in search of bits (or shards as they may be called) of the gems, in order to reconstruct the original organism that they came from. If I EVER hear anyone in the show refer to the gems as anything like "holy" or "sacred," I will personally fly to Japan and pin Kawamori to a tree... with a sidewinder missile. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Ok, I can honestly say I think I like the YF-24 better than the 25 or 27

^_^ It's like a cross between an Su-27 and a F-22. No fancy wing folding, but I love the slick delta profile.

As for the VF-26.. being a multiple of 13, that may be a number people might just skip.

I'm kind of split as to the reason for Grace's blood sample shenanigans. The obvious answer is that she's covering up the mickeys she's been slipping Sheryl by replacing the blood sample with something clean. But after all the crazyness going on, that seems too simple. I'm actually starting to think again that Sheryl may be related to Mao, in which case they'd want to cover up her special blood.

After the last episode, I don't honestly think Ranka can be related to Mao.. besides the part Zentraedi blood, the image of her mother in the last episode looked like she had green hair as well (assuming of course that it was her mother.. the episode title would seem to state that as a fact just by association with the song).

What I'm starting to get from all this is that the gems are actually a living organism of some type. We see them embedded in the little bacteriophages in Ranka's blood, and sprouting all over the vajra queen. Now, whether they're a single organism that's been split, or a group of individuals is up for grabs. But they do seem to be connected somehow, probably by emotions, or even (dare I say it) something like spiritia. They obviously can transmit songs over long distances. At least from this last episode we know it's not limited to songs, since Ranka was obviously in pain from the damage dealt to the vajra. Maybe the gems have a collective consciousness of sorts.

I dunno what to think anymore really. I'm just waiting for the next WTF moment to come and reveal something new. ^_^

Oh, and btw, while typing this I had a terrible thought.. one I should probably be shot for. Given the current situation... I seriously wonder how long it is before someone takes the parallel I noticed, and runs with it... giving a massive amount of crossover jokes/art no doubt. See, since Brera and Ranka are obviously going to be together after this, I see a horrid possibility for what happens.. Brera (the half man/half robot) and Ranka (the unwitting host to a bunch of bits of jewel floating around her body) set off across the galaxy in search of bits (or shards as they may be called) of the gems, in order to reconstruct the original organism that they came from. If I EVER hear anyone refer to the gems as anything like "holy" or "sacred," I will personally fly to Japan and pin Kawamori to a tree... with a sidewinder missile. <_<

Interesting idea.

Alto Saotome you lucky bastard :ph34r:

[*]He had a moment with pantyless Sheryl and Ranka on two different occasion :blink:

[*]Pick them both, I know you wanted it when I see their reflection in your eye ^_^

Seems like both Alto and Ranka had another examination in hospital due to their close encounter with Vajra.

When they showed Ozma car from above, I was expecting it to transform Autobot style....that is a true car for s kull leader, too bad Roy didn't have a car.

Raises hand, I also voted negative on this episode with several strong reason. :mellow:

Edited by Morpheus

I hate to say this but she was vaporized in space, nothing left to be buried/recycle unlike Gilliam. :(

What makes me angry is seeing Klan cheerfully attend Michael as if it doesn't bother her at all, or she's hiding it.

Can someone translate the casualties Frontier sustained? AFAIK island 14 (or is it) is damaged beyond repair.

Alto Saotome you lucky bastard :ph34r:

[*]He had a moment with pantyless Sheryl and Ranka on two different occasion :blink:

[*]Pick them both, I know you wanted it when I see their reflection in your eye ^_^

Yeah,

if only Sheryl didn't start having a coughing fit, it'd have been interesting to see what would have happened next. It looked like Alto wanted to $#%@ them both or something, hearing the awe in his voice...

hmm...you can notice an episode isn't very good when it's been almost 12 hours and there's only 5 pages, haha! for the previews episode, when I finally managed to download the RAW there was already 20+ pages :o

anyway, errr...need subs now!

the sing off was so unbelievably funny, that Alto, such a tough choice just do a threesome, that way, EVERYONE wins, hehehe!

oh yeah, Alto may have seen Sheryl boobies, but he also got a glimpse at Ranka's weewee HAHA!!

Ramaria didn't even had a proper funeral, wonder where they dump her body (if there was anything left of her), since you can notice the Frontier sea level is very low...

and oh boy Alto, Mr Birla is gonna yell at you for blowing all those valks and wasting fast packs!!

by the way, did anyone think Birla's maid was hot, kinky bastard, and also, Grace in that tube thing..HOOOT...

damn it!, sorry, I'm kinda horny...well, going to my gf's house, hahaha

I'm on a sugar high :blink: :blink:

EDIT: oh yeah, 2nd neutral vote for a frontier episode from me... filler recap episode, all the important thing could have been said in 5 minutes without recapping everything

Edited by Valkyrie addict