Macross Frontier Episode 15 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 15 rating  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 15 poll

• Positive (After that last episode, I need a cigarette)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (ZZZZZZZ....Are we done?)

To note on the burial stuff, in Gilliam's funeral they seemed to be sending his body into the lake/ocean in Island 1 but by Wilder's dialogue in the Shinsen Sub it seems his body would eventually be decomposed and the remains would be somehow recycled for the benefit of everyone on the ship. I'm not sure how exactly that would work but it makes sense if you think about it.

by the way, did anyone think Birla's maid was hot, kinky bastard, and also, Grace in that tube thing..HOOOT...

Is that maid a real person or a hologram, or a droid? I like to call her pop-up maid for some reason. BTW that maid is not as hot as Sayoko from Code Geass

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by Morpheus

*Klanpokes you for not using spoiler tags* YOU DON'T WANT TO FEEL THE WRATH OF AZRAEL DO YOU?????? :p:)
Thank you. i actully don't know HOW to apply the tags...

I voted positive, but mostly because of the

sing-off

And I agree with Taksraven that it really felt like

an episode of Evangelion...but hey, I like Eva, I like Frontier, and I don't usually like clip shows (who does? Besides the animators, that is), but there was enough new stuff in this one to make it worthwhile. At least it advanced the plot, which is more than even Phantasm (which has, IMHO, always been the gold standard of clip shows) did.

Not a great episode, of course, but, if you consder that it was a clip show, it was pretty damn awesome.

Thank you. i actully don't know HOW to apply the tags...

AHemmm.....

[spoiler]SPOILER HERE[/spoiler]

Its almost 12 hours and still 6 pages. :blink: Does that say a lot about how bad or good this episode is? :huh:

Edited by grss1982

AHemmm.....

[spoiler]SPOILER HERE[/spoiler]

Its almost 12 hours and still 6 pages. :blink: Does that say a lot about how bad or good this episode is? :huh:

I think it says that there's not a lot to say until the subs come out and we hear ALL the juicy little bits of info we missed in the raw.

I think it says that there's not a lot to say until the subs come out and we hear ALL the juicy little bits of info we missed in the raw.

Agree with Gubaba,

I can say that this is a plot episode with lots of information compressed in 30 minutes, hell even Birla had to speak during the ending credits.

And that's 12 hours. You can take off the spoiler tags now.

-You gotta wonder who Grace is talking to. Damn 'Net. It's like being in an IRC channel or a forum all the time. This episode reminded me of Gundam 00's 1st season clip show. 1 person reporting, everybody else commenting.

-Losing usage of Island 14 and 15 must be rough.

Guess that's why they have supply issues a later episode

. Judging by President Glass's look, the paperwork must be pouring in.

-Michael, eat the damn food before Klan shoves it down, via gunpoint....

Scene of the week: Ranka and Sheryl comparing things that Alto did with them and the musical number. Sure put Alto in a tight spot there...That was a LOL moment.

So Grace is a cyclon, this is evident since she said 'welcome another me". And I think she's being rebuilt at Frontier, wow it must be on heck of a security breach if they could smuggled that regeneration chamber.

Why do I got a feeling that Birla is one of the conspirator here. :unsure:

that is a true car for skull leader, too bad Roy didn't have a car

That's because you can't Pimpwalk if you're driving :lol: Besides he probably had two many DUI's and had his license suspended

So Ranka was in the hospital and they didn't detect those crystal worms things in her, or notice her glowing stomach? How does that get glazed over?

In regards to Ramaria, have they ever delved into how the whole Macronization/Micronization works? If I remember correctly, whenever they show the machine, there's always a Macronized body in the large chamber and a Micronized body in the small one. If she died Meltran sized wouldn't there be a micronized body still? Is it the whole consciousness/soul transfer that occurs? And on a sidenote, when Max goes from small to big in DYRL, he didn't have a Zentran sized body before he hooked up with Milia. So I'm guessing they can create a big body off of a person's dna? They've never explained stuff like that have they?

In the sing off Sheryl reminded me of Beyonce'. Lost the impact of having a stronger voice when trying to upstage so much.

Edited by chowyunskinny

I'm still waiting for subs...

Meanwhile

f9r4vb.gif

This scene alone makes the episode a must see. Sherrryyyylllllllll!!

Nosebleeds aside, I wonder if Brera being Ranka's bodyguard will cause awkwardness with Alto. Maybe Mr. Bilrer wanted to see Alto to give him tips on handling a love triangle (since MR Bilrer is actually

Rick Hunter

:ph34r:

).

Was any love triangle in any other Macross series this out in the open? I agree with the poster that said that Sheryl and Ranka seemed to get more into the singing/duet than trying to win over Alto, or at least it seemed to be more of a joint effort...

..threesome ftw!

Was any love triangle in any other Macross series this out in the open? I agree with the poster that said that Sheryl and Ranka seemed to get more into the singing/duet than trying to win over Alto, or at least it seemed to be more of a joint effort...

..threesome ftw!

Yeah, I think that once Sheryl saw how much effort Ranka was putting into her singing, she just decided to go along with it, have a little fun, and torment Alto a little. At least, that's how I interpreted the smile on her face when she decided to sing with Ranka.

Of course, the duet is also present on the Formo version of What 'bout my Star? on OST1, so there were practical considerations to having them sing like they did as well.

Anyway, so the title of the next episode... Macross II anyone?

Minmei attack...

The song in that episode Banana Moon was AWESOME... I still gay out when I hear it. I know the shows are not on the same time line, but I love them both (so far) equally... if you can believe that. I miss Haruhiko Mikimoto...

I really loved this episode and I can't stand clips episodes. Huge smile on my face the whole time. I just liked that they found the perfect way to incorporate my favorite song on the whole album.

Now, if I remember anything about recap episodes, someone big is about to die soon. Ranka Attack!

I'm going to watch it again now.

-Losing usage of Island 14 and 15 must be rough.

Guess that's why they have supply issues a later episode

. Judging by President Glass's look, the paperwork must be pouring in.

Yeah, I was getting serious "Mayor Milia, here are the complaints from the citizens" vibes...

At least we kinda/sorta understand Grace now...her intelligence is elsewhere. I wonder if she can only run one body at a time, or are we going to get a Grace armada by the end?

Yeah, I think that once Sheryl saw how much effort Ranka was putting into her singing, she just decided to go along with it, have a little fun, and torment Alto a little. At least, that's how I interpreted the smile on her face when she decided to sing with Ranka.

Of course, the duet is also present on the Formo version of What 'bout my Star? on OST1, so there were practical considerations to having them sing like they did as well.

...which is weird, because the OST 1 liner notes claim that someone captured Ranka's "Guerilla Live" and Sheryl took the recording and added to it...

I read from animesuki board that Galia 4 is Grace homeworld, but how can this be? AFAIK Galia 4 is only populated by Ranka fans...I mean the 33rd Zentran marine and a bunch of Vajra, I never know that there are some human colonist. This makes me think that Grace is probably part zentraedi or worse.....she's a Vajra turned into a human cyborg, that's why she recalls Ranka as Queen :ph34r:

I read from animesuki board that Galia 4 is Grace homeworld, but how can this be? AFAIK Galia 4 is only populated by Ranka fans...I mean the 33rd Zentran marine and a bunch of Vajra, I never know that there are some human colonist. This makes me think that Grace is probably part zentraedi or worse.....she's a Vajra turned into a human cyborg, that's why she recalls Ranka as Queen :ph34r:

It's actually little ambiguous and is likely referring to the Global as Grace's birthplace. I say this because they actually show the Global right before the guy says this line. It would also fit with how much she knows about Ranka being q1. Plus it would explain how Brera became her peon.

This episode rocked... And after the subs it will rock even more. In fact, I believe it may contain pivotal information about who the true enemy is...

Man... We need those subs NOW!!!! :ph34r:

Btw... Does anybody has a pic with those strange TRON-like colored geometrical forms that changed/morphed/moved when the voices were heard? :huh:

Those gave me a very A.I. feel... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Btw... Does anybody has a pic with those strange TRON-like colored geometrical forms that changed/morphed/moved when the voices were heard? :huh:

think of them as simple avatars in a GiTS-style virtual chatspace. kind of like the episode of GiTS when the Major took part in a 'round table' discussion about the laughing man, but using simple graphics instead of the full virtual bodies to represent the participants. I presume that Grace and her cohorts are capable of the full virtual body simulation, but were not doing so for either lag or security considerations.

This episode rocked... And after the subs it will rock even more. In fact, I believe it may contain pivotal information about who the true enemy is...

Man... We need those subs NOW!!!! :ph34r:

give me sub or give me death xD

Must...

Have...

Sub!

On a more serious note...

It was interesting to note that Alto vanished from Grace's screen as he approached the entrance to Mr. Bilrer's house. The guy must have a very good security system that Grace is unable to hack into. I got a definite "anti-Grace faction" vibe from it. Considering that Leon appeared to be coordinating with Bilrer back in episode 5 (he contacted Bilrer with information on the people who were taken to see the "dead" Vajra lobster) and Leon's now working with Grace, I'm getting more and more curious about what's really going on behind the scenes here. Maybe between this episode and the next we'll finally have enough pieces to start putting the disparate sections of the jigsaw puzzle together?

think of them as simple avatars in a GiTS-style virtual chatspace. kind of like the episode of GiTS when the Major took part in a 'round table' discussion about the laughing man, but using simple graphics instead of the full virtual bodies to represent the participants. I presume that Grace and her cohorts are capable of the full virtual body simulation, but were not doing so for either lag or security considerations.

But the way they talked was strange to me. At times they seemed to utter exactly the same words/laughter at exactly the same time... that didn't seem human at all... more like parallel processing to me... When Grace speaks to Brera in VR space he sounds more "normal" in their talking...

I'm getting a Blade Runner/Dune: The Butlerian Jihad feel from this Episode...

Bilrer = Tyrell

Grace and cohorts = Thinking Machines

great episode! it really moved the plot along. if this is really "the true beginning" as they say, we might be in for one big rollercoaster ride for the next 11 or so episodes - maybe along the lines of m7's pacing towards the end hopefully

Look who's coming to dinner next week

story_pic_16_03.jpg