Mass Effect

Same here---2 plays on same character, ended on 59. Level 60 WILL get a specific bonus in ME 2. AFAIK the bonuses are for levels 40, 50, and 60. And they are picky--you have to have won with the character. I started yet one more playthrough and just blew through to Therum, and got Liara in the party in barely over an hour and hit level 60, as the beginning of the game has a TON of plot XP points. But it would have taken hours and hours and hours of playing at the end of the previous playthrough to go from 59 to 60. So I got my level 60 achievement/gamer score, but it won't count for ME 2. I've heard of people starting at 54 and not making it to 60. I went from 51 to 59. (and that's with every XP bonus there is)

Another known bonus in ME 2 is for the "rich" achievement--but that's easy to get before the end of the very first playthrough.

I actually died less on Insanity than Hardcore. Either I got better, or Colossus armor made all the difference.

So which achievements adn story points carry over/ effect gameplay in ME2?

Note still grinding in ME 1. Lvl 58 just started Noveria.

I got plenty of time due to being laidoff :(:angry:

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I've got a spare Inferno armor code. Would like to trade for a Terminus armor code if possible.

I'll see what I can do with my old Gamestop contacts.

EDIT: PMed. I just hope you're not too busy playing it to get my message...

Edited by mikeszekely

Bonuses seem to be pretty basic:

Money, a few extra skill points, some basic materials/items, a free level or two.

Unless level 60 is VERY different than the other bonuses, I seriously doubt it's at all worth it. Stop playing ME 1 and start ME 2. (I had level 59 and the game specifically said level 59 bonuses, so I figure I have ALMOST everything you can)

Money, a few extra skill points, some basic materials/items, a free level or two.

Unless level 60 is VERY different than the other bonuses, I seriously doubt it's at all worth it. Stop playing ME 1 and start ME 2. (I had level 59 and the game specifically said level 59 bonuses, so I figure I have ALMOST everything you can)

so no perk for insanity completion?

noooo, must... finish... ME1... can't stop.. ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!

Bah. A common complaint I heard from the Halo frat party crowd was that they didn't like Mass Effect because it was too much RPG and not enough shooter. It's a damn shame Bioware listened to them.

Don't get me wrong, Bioware's got some of the best storytellers (Drew Karpyshyn), and I expect that Mass Effect 2 will be an engaging experience that will be remembered as one of 2010's best games. It's just a shame that it plays like Mass Effect Lite.

Bah. A common complaint I heard from the Halo frat party crowd was that they didn't like Mass Effect because it was too much RPG and not enough shooter. It's a damn shame Bioware listened to them.

Don't get me wrong, Bioware's got some of the best storytellers (Drew Karpyshyn), and I expect that Mass Effect 2 will be an engaging experience that will be remembered as one of 2010's best games. It's just a shame that it plays like Mass Effect Lite.

I'll take them over the Gears of War party.

I like ME 1 better, gameplay-wise. ME 2 blows it away for cinematics, but I much prefer the powers/armor/weapons style of the first. I think asides from Shepard, everyone is "locked" into their default armor/appearance. I liked altering my party's appearance and stats. Also, so far, every armor upgrade for Shep has sucked, appearance-wise. I want LESS bulky and sleeker armor, not even bigger and more angular. It already looks like heavy to start with, I want medium/light not "massive". (not as light as what Miranda's wearing, but what Femshep has now would practically be overkill for Ashley).

So...the game's not that great?

Blasphemy! Kill the unbeliever and hang his skin up as a warning to all others! *points dramatically*

I'm only about five or six hours into the game and already the HSQ has gone up a few notches. A few moments of Fridge Logic and :blink: -type moments, but nothing I can't roll with so far. Plus Bioware has continued its long tradition of making the NPCs into real people and already I want to get to know more of them.

I imagine that most of our confusion and comments stem from the fact that we've had the game for less than 24 hours and haven't quite gotten used to the new changes put in.

I haven't even had the opportunity to play yet but the lack of a helmet toggle or an auto remove for dialogue is uh.. recockulous.

The helmet thing is supposed to be only the DLC armors. Normal armors should have the option to remove the helmet. It's still stupid though.

The helmet used to auto-remove for important dialogue if you had it equipped, so you could actually see Shep talking. Now it doesn't, it always stays on if you have it equipped. (I'm talking standard N7 armor---DLC armor always has it on period--which I also don't like---Shep would look very cool in Blood Dragon armor with the helmet off)

So I'm playing without a helmet.

PS---already a game update, but I didn't notice anything different. Only real issue/bug I've seen is that scrolling some text boxes with right-stick is IMPOSSIBLE to read all the lines--it just jumps from top to bottom, if the box is a certain size. (also, left-stick and d-pad is too slow to scroll through the codex)

Might as well start discussing positives:

1. Characters look better. If you import a Shep, they'll look better than they did. Might be just the hair, maybe they smoothed out some polygons, maybe the revamped the basic textures. But they look better.

2. Going Renegade is "visible". I won't describe/spoil any more than that, other than to say, a certain something I first thought was a graphical glitch, I think will become more prominent as my Femshep continues punching out reporters. And it's cool. :)

So...the game's not that great?

I wouldn't say that at all. Mass Effect 2 is better than probably 95% of the games released during this console generation. It's just not better than the first one.

BTW, David, renegade dude-Shep looks badass with the Blood Dragon helmet on. The red eyes and the red lights near the mouth are positively sinister when you get to pull a renegade action.

Just so I understand: Theres no text skip> I tend to read faster than the characters speak and skip the game dialogue on longer speeches in ME1; Thats no longer an option? I HAVE to wait till they finish speaking?

Ill have the game in about 8 hours...

Yeah, I think "voice actor guest appearance" is pretty much not a spoiler. It wasn't even mentioned who the character was. But in the future I guess we should spoiler those too in the future. Anyways, I wanted to mention more but the site went down:

3. Dialogue. It just rocks. If you liked DA:O banter etc, this is better. Truly LOL a lot of times. (well, if you're a renegade at least---some people REALLY hate you)

Also, ScreamMan--where'd you hear that? I've already skipped some dialogue from "right before a fight I kept dying in". If anything dialogue goes slightly faster, since there seems to be a glitch where the last word or two is occasionally clipped by another character starting their line early.

David; I took this:

I haven't even had the opportunity to play yet but the lack of a helmet toggle or an auto remove for dialogue is uh.. recockulous.

As meaning u couldnt skip dialogue. DOes it mean u just cant have iut not show on screen as they speak?

And I dont know who or what Tigh is, so I thought it was a character.

6 hours....

Well, at least they kept David Keith on, as well as the actress who did Tali, whom I liked.

Martin Sheen

was a big suprise, though (I saw a few trailers, so we don't hae the game yet).

If they have Cam Clarke (a.k.a. James Flinders), Simon Templeman (gotta love Kain; "Cast him in.") or Michael Bell, I would be a happy man.

Well, at least they kept David Keith on, as well as the actress who did Tali, whom I liked.

Martin Sheen

was a big suprise, though (I saw a few trailers, so we don't hae the game yet).

If they have Cam Clarke (a.k.a. James Flinders), Simon Templeman (gotta love Kain; "Cast him in.") or Michael Bell, I would be a happy man.

Without spoiling anything, Cam Clarke returns to voice the Codex entries again. I love that in-game encyclopedia, it brings so much life to the game world.