Mass Effect

It's already entirely unsorted. When I go to sell stuff, it lists "gunA,gunA,gunA, armorA,armorA,gunA,gunB,gunA,upgradeA,armorB,upgradeB,upgradeA,gunB".

sure, but when you're putting stuff on, THERE it's sorted... see? ^_^

i've actually started playing this again with my female character, I've taken my time to do every quest i come across and i've set it to hardcore mode. Only now do i think its bloody good fun and now i'm looking forward to the sequel. :lol:

Who are your favourite characters/team btw? I always use Tali and Wrex

I played with a different group each time, mainly for the bonuses/achievements as well as to try to hear as much of the entire game's dialogue as possible. But I most like Tali and Liara. I think the "dedicated class" characters are better than the hybrids---Tali/Liara/Ash, vs Garrus/Wrex/Kaiden.

Technically, that means my ultimate party should be a soldier Shep with Tali and Liara.

Though for ME 2, every class looks better, especially the hybrid ones. While pure adept looks even more fun that last time, I'm thinking I'll let my party characters handle that this time around, while Shep will be either Sentinel or Vanguard. (so long as vanguard's biotic-charge-dash attack doesn't become useless end-game---so many skills do)

Garrus and Wrex were definitely my favs in ME1. I'll probably favor Wrex over Grunt in ME2 but that last slot could be up in there air with all the new characters.

I already have a soft spot in my heart for Subject Zero. She looks to be delightfully void of any shred of sanity ^_^

It's already entirely unsorted. When I go to sell stuff, it lists "gunA,gunA,gunA, armorA,armorA,gunA,gunB,gunA,upgradeA,armorB,upgradeB,upgradeA,gunB".

It's partially sorted when you're selling them. It sorts them by grade first, so all your I items are first, followed by II, etc. How it sorts them past that is anyone's guess.

Soldier class video is up:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1423501...dier_11210.html

Also, next book, looks to be a direct sequel to the last one:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/market/books/

Finally---important info about enemy defenses you should read before playing.

http://blog.bioware.com/

Tali was like my favourite ME party member. Not sure I like the armour colours there though and I hope they try to do the mask/face effect she had/has in game.

The Shep's facial expression looks weird to me too but I definitely would like to see how the final products look.

I'm currently leaning towards "adept" for my fem/renegade Shep. Based on what they can do now and "what enemies do that annoys me" in my current play-through. (just started Feros, then going to Virmire)

Maybe sentinel for male/paragon Shep.

I played Infiltrator/Spectre last time, and this time it doesn't look to be quite as much fun. Stealth tactics in a shooter game? Probably won't work that well. I should probably keep my stealthing to Splinter Cell games. I think I'll go pure Soldier class this time and make like Clarance Boddicker: "Ooh, guns guns guns!"

If you want more info on ME 2's classes than just what the videos offer (like the class-unique powers and upgrades), IGN seems to have the best. Here's the Soldier class info, with links to all the others at the bottom:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1060359p1.html Hmmn, commando vs shock trooper?

IMHO, infiltrator looks like a much more viable class this time, as does even engineer. (I'm still deciding---really, a lot depends on how effective shotguns are---they are just NOT as good as they should be---IMHO a max-carnage point-blank shot from the best shotgun in the game with the best upgrades and ammo, against a target that's been "warped" should pretty much be an instant kill---yet I find already-hurt *lackeys* that can survive that. True, I've only ever played a vanguard on hardcore and insanity, but if I'm dedicating that many points/upgrades/risks to empahsizing close-range attacks, it better be really good----yet my basic pistol does better in many situations).

I like vanguard in ME 1 (armor+biotics) but unless the shotgun's way better this time around, I'm going adept. (since now it seems anyone can use any armor, which was a big part of vanguard's appeal vs adept in the ME 1) Of course, there's also the issue of just how good "charge" will be.

Warning to all: I will personally ban anyone who posts open spoilers in this thread. Do NOT discuss what kaio mentioned without spoiler tags, as I don't want to know what he said, as I'm trying very hard NOT to know why they're allowing you to change your class/appearance. Until just a few days ago, I didn't even know 2 of the companions (I wanted to be utterly knowledgeless going into the game, but I kinda had to look up who had what abilities, to plan my classes/playthroughs). But I know there's stil at least 2 "not formally revealed yet" companions AFAIK---so please don't mention/discuss them unless Bioware officially frontpages them on their site, etc.

Discuss classes, powers, weapons, game mechanics, etc all you want. Just not other characters/locations/events. (especially locations---those seem to be full of spoilers just by mentioning where/what they are and people aren't spoiler-proofing them at all on other forums, even the no-spoiler sections of forums)

Also, "the first hour of the game" is still a spoiler, even if IGN and every other site has already played it and posted exactly what happens and half the people here already know about it.

And frankly--if it's a big spoiler, just don't post it at all until like February, even "hidden". It's too easy to accidently read it still, or to forget to spoiler-tag it.

PS---please spoiler-tag "xxxxx will/won't re-appear from ME1". Who does and doesn't show up is going to be a big part of the gaming experience IMHO and should remain surprises.

PPS---hell, at this point maybe I should just avoid this thread for the next couple weeks. It's inevitable I'll read something I don't want to. But of course, it's about my last refuge on the net, as every other forum is talking "too freely" about people/events/places in the game. Just because something showed up for 4 frames in a trailer, doesn't mean it's not a spoiler any more, or at least that "most people don't know about that yet".

PPPS---sorry if I sound bitchy, but I *really* like Mass Effect, and really don't want anything spoiled at all, even basics.

Warning to all: I will personally ban anyone who posts open spoilers in this thread.

*spoiler* *spoiler* *spoilier* *spoiler* *spoil-SPLAT!*

Oww! Where did that mod-hammer come from? ^_^

PPPS---sorry if I sound bitchy, but I *really* like Mass Effect, and really don't want anything spoiled at all, even basics.

I thought the same thing, too *nods*. Then I saw the first character reveal trailer and went, "Oh Em Gee... gotta watch it all now!" and have since been thouroughly spoiled. But, this being a Bioware game, I have no doubts that there are more than a few twists they haven't let free just yet :)

Edited by CoryHolmes

I feel ya Dave; I had someone spoil one of the COLOSSAL choices from the end of the game and I wa sSO pissed at him. Now I know it's coming and I already dread it.

Altering the character apearance....I dunno how I feel on that. I may change a haircut or stubble or something, but Ill leave my guy looking basically as he did at the start. After all....that's what he looks like! Unless given a compelling story reason to do so, and even then Id hesitate to change to much.

I will only change my Shepard if it'll bring me closer to exactly how I want it. I won't "change", only "improve". I've read there's more hair choices now, so that may change. (really, I think there should be more mouth choices---a lot of them are very similar, and there's entire categories of "basic shapes of human lips" that seem to be missing)

Scream Man----that's what I fear. I know Bioware won't spoil anything big. But other people will!

Anyways, if anyone's playing through ME 1 again---don't ever get rid of your Shredder VII or Tungsten VII rounds. There is no better version, and nowhere will ever sell it again, and nothing will ever drop it again. They are the best anti-creeper, and anti-geth ammo out there---but above level 45 or so, they never appear again.

I'm definitely not changing my Shepard. His eyes looked a little odd depending on the lighting, but I think the improved engine will make short work of that. A shave/haircut is about all most people I've talked to seem interested in.

Just a quick note:

It seems that ME2 will be like DA:O in regards to the social site, and you may be able to "show off" your Shepard, etc. Also, Bioware is going to close the current ME forums and switch them over to the social site prior to launch. (which will suck, as the social forum has godawful architecture and search functions, and likes to auto-post spoilers in the front page)

Pretty neat little tidbit about ME2, not spoilery at all.

You will be able to totally customize the look of your armor, everything from helms, shoulder pad design, camo pattern, material it's made out of and color. This will appear in all cutscenes and is applicable to any armor you acquire. So your Shepard will always look exactly like you want, while making the choices you want as well. Pretty freaking awesome if I do say so.

Pretty neat little tidbit about ME2, not spoilery at all.

You will be able to totally customize the look of your armor, everything from helms, shoulder pad design, camo pattern, material it's made out of and color. This will appear in all cutscenes and is applicable to any armor you acquire. So your Shepard will always look exactly like you want, while making the choices you want as well. Pretty freaking awesome if I do say so.

Oh I like this. Now I don't have to wear something rediculously bright orange for an hour until I find a better armor.

I will only change my Shepard if it'll bring me closer to exactly how I want it. I won't "change", only "improve". I've read there's more hair choices now, so that may change. (really, I think there should be more mouth choices---a lot of them are very similar, and there's entire categories of "basic shapes of human lips" that seem to be missing)

Scream Man----that's what I fear. I know Bioware won't spoil anything big. But other people will!

Anyways, if anyone's playing through ME 1 again---don't ever get rid of your Shredder VII or Tungsten VII rounds. There is no better version, and nowhere will ever sell it again, and nothing will ever drop it again. They are the best anti-creeper, and anti-geth ammo out there---but above level 45 or so, they never appear again.

I wish I had known that before selling/ turning them to omni-gel.

Anyone know how long it takes to complete a hardcore play thhrough? Trying to get my achievement for hardcore and insane heard 5-6 hours per playthrough.

Note I'll probably skip pinnacle station that dlc was kind of a letdown.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

hardcore by itself...probably 7-8 if you just go strait story, skip convos and everything. Insane...maybe longer, that can get really tough. I wouldn't know about super short playthroughs though...I'm too much of a completionist.

hardcore by itself...probably 7-8 if you just go strait story, skip convos and everything. Insane...maybe longer, that can get really tough. I wouldn't know about super short playthroughs though...I'm too much of a completionist.

So just doing the story straight will count?

i will do some side quest going for lvl 60. currently 54-55.

Yeah, doing just the main story missions will count for the achievement. You likely WONT get any of the "complete the majority of the game with X character" achievements that way, because there is so much side content. But simple hardcore and insanity playthroughs only require the primary story missions.

There is also a new ME2 trailer out which is flat out amazing, but it does contain some slightly spoilerish or at least teaser scenes, so view with caution. It seriously almost brought forth man tears it was so glorious however.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

There is also a new ME2 trailer out which is flat out amazing, but it does contain some slightly spoilerish or at least teaser scenes, so view with caution. It seriously almost brought forth man tears it was so glorious however.

It's loading as I type this, so I will reserve man-tears only if there's some Ashley goodness in it. No Ash = no man-tears.

And about that armour-dealie: good. Now I can rest assured that Subject Zero will at least have some decent armour. As it stands right now, she looks like a refugee from the Rob Leifeld School of Female Design. And that's not a good thing.

EDIT: *lip-wobbles* Sniff. Not gonna... not gonna...

Edited by CoryHolmes

You know, it's a little thing but it's been bugging me: is it just my imagination or do all the trailers portray Shepard as being ManShep? I mean, aside from one single voice-over from Casey Hudson during a behind-the-scenes look, there's been no mention of FemShep. Has anyone else noticed that and been bugged by it?