Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Any of you in the US have any issues with purchasing from Amazon.jp? I've never done it before (I noticed that my Amazon Prime doesn't work there *sadpanda*) but I really want to get the BD of Frontier while it's still in first-press.

I ordered the Mac F OST 1 from Amazon as soon as it was listed... and I didn't get any first-press goodies :(

So I decided to switch to CD Japan for the Blu-ray, although it's a bit more expensive and takes longer to arrive (to Singapore).

I just received my order today and look what I got:

post-322-1217323341_thumb.jpg post-322-1217323391_thumb.jpg

So, I guess I'll keep ordering in Amazon whatever has no first-press bonus (like Macross Zero Blu-ray apparently) and everything I'm really interested in, in CD Japan.

I ordered the Mac F OST 1 from Amazon as soon as it was listed... and I didn't get any first-press goodies :(

So I decided to switch to CD Japan for the Blu-ray, although it's a bit more expensive and takes longer to arrive (to Singapore).

post-322-1217323341_thumb.jpg post-322-1217323391_thumb.jpg

So, I guess I'll keep ordering in Amazon whatever has no first-press bonus (like Macross Zero Blu-ray apparently) and everything I'm really interested in, in CD Japan.

Also ordered mine from CD Japan and got the same one ^_^

as a minor nitpick mine had gotten slightly bent from the packaging, but everything was fine otherwise.

Got mine from amazon.jp and they didnt send me the board art that you get with the first press, they did the same thing to me when i ordered the OSt 1.

Does cdjapan charge you then or when the item ships? I need to know as i may change my orders over to them.

Just got my email back from amazon.jp unless it specifically says it on their site they dont get the bounus items, thats why I didnt get the art board with my blu-ray and i hate to reorder a second just for it :( So volume 2 from amazoon.jp wont get the badge set so i cancelled my order. Reckon Ill have to try ebay for the card.

Found this so far http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Ranka...1QQcmdZViewItem ^_^

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Ranka...Q2em118Q2el1247

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Shery...Q2em118Q2el1247

Edited by Sorata

Got mine from amazon.jp and they didnt send me the board art that you get with the first press, they did the same thing to me when i ordered the OSt 1.

Does cdjapan charge you then or when the item ships? I need to know as i may change my orders over to them.

Just got my email back from amazon.jp unless it specifically says it on their site they dont get the bounus items, thats why I didnt get the art board with my blu-ray and i hate to reorder a second just for it :( So volume 2 from amazoon.jp wont get the badge set so i cancelled my order. Reckon Ill have to try ebay for the card.

Found this so far http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Ranka...1QQcmdZViewItem ^_^

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Ranka...Q2em118Q2el1247

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Shery...Q2em118Q2el1247

Regarding bonuses, it's a matter whether it's an external bonus (ie not shrinkwrapped to the package) or internal bonus (included in the case or shrinkwrapped to the case). A lot of online Japanese stores don't offer them unless they're specifically bundled with the package. For items like posters, often you won't receive it because it's separate and probably too much of a hassle to include them. Amazon Japan and HMV do mention when you might get an item periodically. For example, I did receive the Ghost in the Shell Bonus DVD and Utada United bonus DVDs when I ordered through them (they were taped with clear tape to the package), and also a few of the Studio Ghibli bonus items, but they mentioned on the product page that they were included.

I didn't get the bonus boards either, which does suck, but I figure one day I might find it online or in a store in Japan. As for the pins, I have a feeling they'll be included inside the DVD package or shrinkwrapped to the box, so I don't think you'll need to worry so much. Even on Amazon's webpage, it mentions the first print bonuses, so it's probably a safe bet. I can't imagine them being larger than a nickel (seems to be a popular pin size nowadays in Japan).

You guys care more about the bonuses than what you're paying for? :lol:

Well actually we did pay for the bonus'. So to me it's like paying for 12 apples and getting 11 while everyone else gets the 12.

post-322-1217323341_thumb.jpg

:o ZOMG!1 I can has hi-res, plz?

Wow, that picture is beautiful! Is this a DVD-box sized card, or is it a poster? Not that it matters to me from a purchasing perspective*, but I would love to print this out for my wall.

*I don't have an HDTV, BlueRay player, or know Japanese!

:o ZOMG!1 I can has hi-res, plz?

Wow, that picture is beautiful! Is this a DVD-box sized card, or is it a poster? Not that it matters to me from a purchasing perspective*, but I would love to print this out for my wall.

*I don't have an HDTV, BlueRay player, or know Japanese!

Not a poster. It's... bigger than than the DVD-box... in fact roughly the same size as two cases. Printed on some hard glossy plastic, which is why mine was slightly bent.

The artwork is by Tenjin Hidetaka, who's drawn a lot of Valkyrie box art and the like... was hoping I would eventually see a VF-25 drawn by him at some point so I'm pretty happy about getting this ^_^

post-322-1217323341_thumb.jpg

Want high res scan for wallpaper. Pretty please :)

HMV impressed the hell out of me. I got my Macross Chronicle and binder about three business days after ordering them. I am considering picking up the Blu-Ray of Frontier from them as well.

*kicks self*

I'm glad to hear it. I'm going to give HMV Japan a try for the next issue, hopefully I'll remember before they sell out this time :)

Wowsers! If it's Tenjin Hidetaka, that explains why I love it so! I'll probably bring this into PS and clean up those CMYK screens with a little blur & unsharp mask. I can post it back up afterward, if anyone's interested. Won't be today though, I need sleep!

kthxbai, GGemini!

Kelsain, Mr. March, here's the hi-res scan... resized it a bit so that it could be uploaded here.

post-322-1217385237_thumb.jpg

Nice. :)

Except for Guld I can clearly recognized the pilots just from the flight suit they are wearing. B))

Let's see now:

VF-25 = Alto

YF-19 = Isamu

VF-19 Kai = Basara

VF-1 = Hikaru

VF-0 = Shin

EDIT:

@GGemini: thanks for the pic. :)

Edited by grss1982

c0052350_488ffe7d424cd.jpg

Macross Frontier Vol.3 Blue-Ray/DVD cover art...

Wow, that's a nice Quarter pic with purple Sheryl. Who's that chick on the pilot suit? j/k ^_^

Thanks paper2k1!!! I'll preorder the CD right when I hear about it ;)

I also heard about another person who ordered the OST 1 from CD Japan when the first press was already sold out... and she still got the bonus Sheryl stage pass. Good for her I guess.