Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

第14話:マザーズ・ララバイ(Mother's Lullaby)、2008.07.10

第15話:ロスト・ピース(Lost Peace)、2008.07.17 (予定)

第16話:ランカ・アタック(Ranka Attack)、2008.07.24 (予定)

第17話:グッバイ・シスター(Goodbye Sister)、2008.07.31 (予定)

Ozma promise Ranka to her First Live, but he is ordered to attack before Live...

Ozma...

KIA???

0 0

第18話:フォールド・フェーム(Fold Fame)、2008.08.07 (予定)

Because Bajura's attack, Frontier has serious shortage of material.

p.s.

Maybe フォールド・フェーム is Falled

Fame.

SOooo Sorry, I don't have time to carefully translate it , becasuse I must go to sleep. too late...

Who can translate it?

Thanks

Japanese, here:

14話「マザーズ・ララバイ」

アルト、ミシェルに続きついにルカも戦場へ向かうことになった。

ルカはナナセに気持ちを打ち明けようとするが…

そして母の子守唄に秘められたランカの記憶。

その記憶が指し示す真実とは?

15話「ロスト・ピース」

体調が優れないシェリルは回復するまで仕事は全てキャンセル。

ランカの人気がますますあがっていると聞き、なんとなく不安を感じる。

そんな時、アルトとランカが見舞いに訪れた。

16話「ランカ・アタック」

S.M.Sのオーナー、ビルラーはアルトを屋敷へ呼び出し、

自分の夢を語り聞かせる。一方、ランカはVF-27のパイロット、

ブレラが自分の歌を聴いていたと知り・・・・・・。

17話「グッバイ・シスター」

ガリア4でのアクシデントにより延期になっていたランカの

ファーストライブが、開催されることになった。妹のランカに必ずライブを

見に行く、と約束していたオズマ。ところがライブ直前にバジュラが襲来、

彼は出撃を余儀なくされる。

18話「フォールド・フェーム」

度重なるバジュラの襲撃により、フロンティア船団では物資不足が

深刻化していた。エネルギー供給は制限されてしまい、

水や食料にいたっては配給制となる始末で、住民は不安を募らせていく

Edited by azrael

第14話:マザーズ・ララバイ(Mother's Lullaby)、2008.07.10

第15話:ロスト・ピース(Lost Peace)、2008.07.17 (予定)

第16話:ランカ・アタック(Ranka Attack)、2008.07.24 (予定)

Ozma promise Ranka to her First Live, but he is ordered to attack before Live...

Ozma...

KIA???

0 0

第18話:フォールド・フェーム(Fold Fame)、2008.08.07 (予定)

Because Bajura's attack, Frontier has serious shortage of material.

p.s.

Maybe フォールド・フェーム is Falled Fame.

Can't say very I'm surprised.

And I think its "Fold fame"

p.s.

Maybe フォールド・フェーム is Falled Fame.

Kresphy,

Thanks again for the quick news!

Fold Fame is correct. Katakana フォールド is translated into "fold". The title doesn't make sense right now, but maybe it will after we see the episode.

Anyone have the link to the actual Japanese synopsis? Thanks. :)

Ozma...

KIA???

0 0

What this?! No pineapple salad?!?

Japanese synposis of Episode 16 - 18, courtesy of Kresphy and the Chinese Macross BBS. I have tried translating it to the best of my limited ability, but since I haven't run it by my native speaking wife, I can't say it's 100% accurate. ;)

16話 ランカ・アタック 7/24

S.M.Sのオーナー、ビルラーはアルトを屋敷へ呼び出し

自分の夢を語り聞かせる。一方、ランカはVF-27のパイロット、

ブレラが自分の歌を聴いていたと知り・・・・・・

Episode 16, Ranka Attack

S.M.S' owner, Birura meets with Alto to discuss Alto's future plans (I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but it's the best I can do in this context). At the same time, Ranka found out the pilot of V-27, Berera, has been listening to her songs.

17話 グッバイ・シスター 7/31

ガリア4でのアクシデントにより延期になっていたランカの

ファーストライブが、開催されることになった。妹のランカに必ずライブを

見に行く、と約束していたオズマ。ところがライブ直前にバジュラが襲来、

彼は出撃を余儀なくされる。

Episode 17, Good Bye Sister

Ranka's first life concert, which was delayed due to the accident on Galia 4, is finally going to happen. LCDR Ozuma promised his sister he will be there. However, the Vajra attacks right before the event, and he is forced to sortie out to defend the fleet.

(my personal thought: is Ozuma going to eat pineapple salad this episode? :uhoh:)

18話 フォールド・フェーム 8/7

度重なるバジュラの襲撃により、フロンティア船団では物資不足が

深刻化していた。エネルギー供給は制限されてしまい、

水や食料にいたっては配給制となる始末で、住民は不安を募らせていく。

Episode 18, Fold Fame

Due to repeated Vajra attacks, the Frontier Colonial Fleet's resource shortage deepened. Energy supply is becoming limited, and water and food rationing is increasing the population's unease.

Overall, looks like the drama continues. But where is Queen Sheryl?!? :cry:

I have a nagging feeling Brera will be the one to nail Ozma. Would be ironic if the real brother disposes of the surrogate one.

That might then push Alto over the edge resulting him into taking Brera out. All just before Ranka finally figures out who he is...

I think you might be right about Brera nailing Ozma. That seems to have some sort "Gundam Irony"in it, however I don't believe that would "push Alto over the edge" because they do not have the same kind of relationship that Hikaru(Rick) and

Roy had. They don't appear close at all, and his relationship with Ranka is still up in the air, so I do not think he would seek revenge for her sake. I have a feeling that Brera is going to have a heroic death, like maybe losing his life trying to save Ranka and Alto. B))

I think you might be right about Brera nailing Ozma. That seems to have some sort "Gundam Irony"in it, however I don't believe that would "push Alto over the edge" because they do not have the same kind of relationship that Hikaru(Rick) and

Roy had. They don't appear close at all, and his relationship with Ranka is still up in the air, so I do not think he would seek revenge for her sake. I have a feeling that Brera is going to have a heroic death, like maybe losing his life trying to save Ranka and Alto. B))

I think you're right. Macross has had a strong 'redemption' theme since the beginning and brera doesn't seem bad, just misguided.... he's the perfect candidate to pull a guld.

c0052350_4871ad005d64f.jpg

Macross Frontier Vol.2 Blue-Ray/DVD cover art...

Is that the Honnemise logo at the bottom left?

I was under the impression that was brand name for Bandai Visual USA, not Bandai Visual Japan which is "Emotion"??

I think you're right. Macross has had a strong 'redemption' theme since the beginning and brera doesn't seem bad, just misguided.... he's the perfect candidate to pull a guld.

I am still on the fence about this.

I keep thinking Brera is the one to swallow space, but it would be a good moment for Ozma to confess what he knows about the 117th fleet.

Who knows maybe both will bite it to save Ranka, one appears to be the actual brother while the other is a surrogate brother...

Orrrr, they could make it a story about Micheal and his sister... :p

Edited by Zinjo

Well yeah. :) Most of the characters in Frontier are related in spirit to past Macross characters. What amuses me the most is that our love triangle seems to each be part Minmay; each one reflects a different time period or different facet of her personality.

@ Mr. March:

I thought that was already known? At least, I think I read it somewhere...

Agreed, March we've known Mr. Birla is the owner of SMS for some time now.

Edited by Master Dex

damn, I don't want Ozma to eat pineapple salad!!

Me neither, but I don't think he will. I am still open to the serious injury plot line though.

They could just as well name the ep "Ozma eats it here! No, we are not even remotely trying to be subtle about it!".

I´m 80% sure Ozma won´t get killed that episode. The remaining 20% sure are making me feel uneasy, though. :wacko:

Umm.. no, we haven't :blink: You guys speculate on everything and then assume it's fact. COME ON GUYS :)

Well, if they don't speculate, they'll die...of boredom.

Umm.. no, we haven't :blink: You guys speculate on everything and then assume it's fact. COME ON GUYS :)

Yeah...

I seem to remember this same thing happening a last week... :p

Brila, is somehow involved pretty high up, but his actual part has yet to be revealed...

Maybe you didn't but I heard that a long time ago, since at least episode 4 or 5 I've known that. It wasn't a speculate I made up I read it at some point. Besides in the first episode even Glass says they'll need to rely on Birla's services even more now which I at the time took to meant the services of SMS of which he is the benefactor and owner. I didn't say that anywhere and then in by episode 4 it was known. I can't remember exactly where I heard it from but I am pretty sure I've known that beyond just speculation for some time now.

If I really am wrong then I have at least been believing this for months now, I certainly thought that was known information.

Edited by Master Dex

Maybe you didn't but I heard that a long time ago, since at least episode 4 or 5 I've known that. It wasn't a speculate I made up I read it at some point. Besides in the first episode even Glass says they'll need to rely on Birla's services even more now which I at the time took to meant the services of SMS of which he is the benefactor and owner. I didn't say that anywhere and then in by episode 4 it was known. I can't remember exactly where I heard it from but I am pretty sure I've known that beyond just speculation for some time now.

If I really am wrong then I have at least been believing this for months now, I certainly thought that was known information.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that there's been no obvious character development with him that proves this. :) I ALWAYS REQUIRE PROOF :lol:

Edited by MisaForever

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that there's been no obvious character development with him that proves this. :) I ALWAYS REQUIRE PROOF :lol

Well the character has never talked on screen but I thought it was said in dialogue and such.

It's obviously one fact that has somehow slipped through the cracks, in my case. Perhaps it was stated or maybe I even knew about it at one point but have long forgotten it. At any rate, this can only be expected given all the different subtitled versions I've had to watch. But I'll make note of it now. The next update of the Macropdeia on the M3 is going to be legendary :)

Speaking of which, do we have an official spelling yet for that damn Mr. Brilrer/Biler/Birla? :)

Edited by Mr March

It's obviously one fact that has somehow slipped through the cracks, in my case. Perhaps it was stated or maybe I even knew about it at one point but have long forgotten it. At any rate, this can only be expected given all the different subtitled versions I've had to watch. But I'll make note of it now. The next update of the Macropdeia on the M3 is going to be legendary :)

Speaking of which, do we have an official spelling yet for that damn Mr. Brilrer/Biler/Birla? :)

I've been using Birla lately, but it was once listed Virla in a credit.

I've been using Birla lately, but it was once listed Virla in a credit.

Shouta was the one who suggested Birla, IIRC, because it's an actual Indian surname.

Which sounds good enough for me, so I've been using Birla ever since.

Shouta's got my vote. I'm going with Birla until the Macross Compendium tells me different :)

According to the Compendium, his name showed up in the Episode 7 credits as "Richard Birla"

Just found this bit of info at 4chan...

Episode 17 -

Goodbye Sister - 2008.07.31

"Ozma promises Ranka to attend her First Live Concert in Frontier, but he is ordered to attack before that...".

Pinneapple salad? :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn