Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Anyone notice the salad on the table between Nanase and Luca? Or the salad on the Ouarter pounder bridge with Cathy and the bridge bunnies???

Neither had the key ingredient I guess.......

A Pineapple salad is a fruit salad, no vegetables. A standard salad is healthy for you but doesn't taste as good as a fruit one. That is why fruit salads can be dangerous, especially pineapples.

I should write a book on the dangers of fruit and mixing them into salad formats. Chapter 1: Never eat Raspberries (tasty, but deadly).

But what if it is like a steak substitute? Does that count? And if we actually get to enjoy the pineapple salad are we okay?

What if its a pineapple salad served with steak??

Taksraven

A Pineapple salad is a fruit salad, no vegetables. A standard salad is healthy for you but doesn't taste as good as a fruit one. That is why fruit salads can be dangerous, especially pineapples.

I should write a book on the dangers of fruit and mixing them into salad formats. Chapter 1: Never eat Raspberries (tasty, but deadly).

Recipe for Pineapple Salad

Ingredients

* 1 egg beaten

* 3 tablespoons sugar

* 1 tablespoon corn starch

* juice from can of pineapple

* 1 can of pineapple

* 10 marshmallows

* 1 old Squadron Leader

Directions

1. Inform the Squadron Leader before he goes out on his mission that dinner is going to be pineapple salad.

2. Beat the egg in a heavy sauce pan, add the sugar, corn starch and pineapple juice.

3. Cook on medium heat until it thickens.

4. When cool add the pineapple and marshmellows.

5. Put in fridge to let set.

6. It might be a good idea to lay some plastic sheets down on your floor and lounge.

7. Have a chat to the Squadron Leader when he returns from his mission. Let him strum his guitar. Mindless chatter is recommended.

8. Leave the room to get the Pineapple salad and be prepared for a shock when you return.

Taksraven

1. Inform the Squadron Leader before he goes out on his mission that dinner is going to be pineapple salad.

I hear that telling your CO that your significant other is preparing pineapple salad for dinner is a good enough excuse for you to be grounded, even if it is in the middle of an important battle. :lol:

Edited by d3v

By our food/death chart wouldn't that mean the pilot would slip into a coma from internal bleeding then be blown to smithereens.

Only if the pilot takes a bite of the steak will be be vaporized after collapsing.

Ingredients

* 1 egg beaten

* 3 tablespoons sugar

* 1 can of pineapple

* 10 marshmallows

* 1 old Squadron Leader

Directions

2. Beat the egg in a heavy sauce pan, add the sugar, corn starch and pineapple juice.

6. It might be a good idea to lay some plastic sheets down on your floor and lounge.

7. Have a chat to the Squadron Leader when he returns from his mission. Let him strum his guitar. Mindless chatter is recommended.

8. Leave the room to get the Pineapple salad and be prepared for a shock when you return.

Taksraven

Love the attention to detail in that recipe. Now we all know what to do if we wish to... take care of anyone. Good thing the person making the salad seems to suffer no harm from it.

Ingredients

* 1 egg beaten

* 3 tablespoons sugar

* 1 can of pineapple

* 10 marshmallows

* 1 old Squadron Leader

Directions

Taksraven

Goog, good. I'm going to make one for one of my good "friends".

Regarding this bit of info about episode 15...

While Sheryl did temporarily feel better from the illness that led to her concert's cancellation on Galia 4, she was unable to fully recover. As a result, Grace, Sheryl's manager, informed Sheryl that all her work are cancelled until she returns to full health.

I'm guessing that the real reason is that...

Grace didn't think she'd have a client to manage after the events of episode 13, and didn't bother to actually sign Sheryl up for anything... When Sheryl suddenly survives the disaster at Gallia 4, Grace is forced to scramble for an excuse as to why Sheryl has no work lined up, and tells her that all of her work has been canceled "until she gets better". And since Sheryl may very well have been sick only because of Grace...

Ingredients

* 1 egg beaten

* 3 tablespoons sugar

* 1 can of pineapple

* 10 marshmallows

* 1 old Squadron Leader

Directions

Taksraven

Uhhh hey Ranka whatcha makin there....

Macross%20Frontier%20-%20ED4%20-%20Large%2002.jpg

Ranka must've bought your Macross Cook book Taks!

Uhhh hey Ranka whatcha makin there....

Macross%20Frontier%20-%20ED4%20-%20Large%2002.jpg

Ranka must've bought your Macross Cook book Taks!

So Ranka is trying to off Ozma with the Pineapple Salad instead of Cathy?

a detail...

Ranka, ランカ

Sheryl, シェリル

Ranka's Mother, Ranshe, ランシェ

Sheryl is Ranshe's clone???

123.jpg

by defia San

NICE! Aside from the name I called this one!

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=624017 B))

Ingredients

* 1 egg beaten

* 3 tablespoons sugar

* 1 can of pineapple

* 10 marshmallows

* 1 old Squadron Leader

Directions

OMG!!!!!

I'm making this for every BBQ, holiday, etc. for the rest of time until somebody dies from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And her surname is Mei, as in Minmei.

We have a melting pot of songstresses, here.

You know....I think some people are reaching for answers that aren't there.

Actually, I don't think that's neccisarily the case. However, If so, then it is obviously not meant as an in-universe reference, but seems all the more plausible source for her name when the creators thought it up. In the end it proves to be utterly useless knowing though :p

RANka

SHEryl

So obvious... ^_^

Nice catch!

We'll see if it pans out...

Would be an interesting twist though... B))

Can you say "Borrowing from Evangelion?"....I knew you could... :p

If the cloning angle does indeed turn out to be correct , then the link to Mao Nome could simply be that she created the clone and gave it her surname.

Possibly Sheryl was supposed to receive the virus and Ranka was inadvertantly infected instead, then the Vajra attacked before the Sheryl experiment could be completed.

Grace, if she was in on it, may yet still be trying to infect Sheryl, but the virus has a different affect on adolescents compared to pre-pubescent children.

Edited by Zinjo

I wasn't actually suggesting that Ranshe Mei has genes of Minmay :ph34r:

I think it's just a coincidence that the name seems to mix those of two main characters. Either that or Sheryl came from an adulterine relationship, since she wasn't in the photo (or maybe she was the dog? :ph34r::p:lol: ).

FV

Edited by Final Vegeta

Ratings for last week:

*4.7% (*4.1%) 07/05 (Sat) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo BLUE DRAGON Tenkai no Shichiryuu [bLUE DRAGON: The Seven Sky Dragons]

*4.6% (--.-%) 07/06 (Sun) *7:00am-*7:30am TV Asahi Kodai Ouja Kyouryuu King D Kids Adventure Yokuryuu Densetsu [Dinosaur King: Legend of the Pterosaurs]

*4.6% (*3.6%) 07/05 (Sat) 10:30am-11:00am TV Tokyo Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

*4.4% (*3.9%) 07/05 (Sat) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Keroro Gunsou [sergeant Frog]

*4.1% (*4.8%) 07/05 (Sat) 11:20am-11:45am TV Asahi ATASHIn'CHI

*3.9% (--.-%) 07/04 (Fri) *1:00am-*1:30am Fuji TV Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten ~Antique~ [Antique Bakery] (New)

*3.9% (*3.4%) 07/05 (Sat) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Shugo Chara!

*3.3% (*2.4%)07/06 (Sun) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo Pururun! Shizuku-chan Aha!

*3.2% (*2.3%) 07/06 (Sun) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Tokyo Net Ghost PIPOPA

*3.1% (*3.2%) 07/06 (Sun) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Onegai My Melody Kirara!

*3.0% (*3.1%) 07/03 (Thu) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Gintama

*2.8% (*4.8%) 07/05 (Sat) *6:00pm-*6:25pm NHK-ETV Anime Major (Rerun)

*2.8% (*2.8%) 07/02 (Wed) *7:26pm-*7:55pm TV Tokyo BLEACH

*2.7% (*3.0%) 06/30 (Mon) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Soul Eater

*2.7% (*2.6%) 07/04 (Fri) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*2.6% (*3.5%) 07/06 (Sun) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Zettai Karen Children

*2.6% (--.-%) 07/03 (Thu) *1:20am-*1:50am TV Tokyo Slayers REVOLUTION (New)

*2.5% (*3.1%) 07/01 (Tue) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo D.Gray-man

*2.5% (*2.4%) 07/05 (Sat) *1:38am-*2:08am TV Tokyo Golgo 13

*2.5% (--.-%) 07/04 (Fri) *1:25am-*1:55am TBS Hidamari Sketch x 365 (New)

*2.4% (--.-%) 07/06 (Sun) *6:30pm-*7:00pm TV Asahi Hatara Kids My Ham Gumi

*2.2% (*2.9%) 07/06 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*2.1% (*2.6%) 07/04 (Fri) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Kirarin Revolution

*2.0% (*1.9%) 07/01 (Tue) *1:00am-*1:30am TV Tokyo Vampire Knight (The End)

*2.0% (*1.5%) 07/05 (Sat) *3:40am-*4:10am TBS Macross FRONTIER

*1.9% (*3.1%) 07/05 (Sat) *6:25pm-*6:50pm NHK-ETV Telepathy Shoujo Ran [The Telepathy Girl Ran]

*1.9% (*1.5%) 07/07 (Mon) *1:30am-*2:00am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou -NABARI-

*1.7% (--.-%) 07/07 (Mon) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Neo Angelique Abyss - Second Age (New)

*1.7% (*1.2%) 07/01 (Tue) *4:30pm-*5:00pm TV Tokyo Uchi no Sanshimai

*1.6% (*2.3%) 07/02 (Wed) *1:29am-*1:59am NTV RD Sennou Chousashitsu [aka Real Drive]

*1.6% (*1.1%) 07/05 (Sat) *4:10am-*4:40am TBS Itazura na Kiss

*1.5% (*1.3%) 07/02 (Wed) *1:59am-*2:29am NTV Himitsu ~The Revelation~

*1.5% (*1.3%) 07/03 (Thu) *2:57am-*3:27am TBS Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 [Mobile Suit Gundam 00] (Rerun)

*1.4% (*1.8%) 07/02 (Wed) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

*1.1% (*1.1%) 07/01 (Tue) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Monochrome Factor

*1.0% (--.-%) 07/03 (Thu) *2:40am-*3:10am TV Tokyo Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ (New)

*1.0% (*0.9%) 07/04 (Fri) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo Soul Eater Late Show

Looked like people liked the cliffhanger despite the time slot preemption. Slayers seems to have started on a good note. Mostly gains from the previous week.

Ratings for last week:

Looked like people liked the cliffhanger despite the time slot preemption. Slayers seems to have started on a good note. Mostly gains from the previous week.

Must. Beat. Geass....

Frontier atleast for this week has risen above the lowest 10 rated series. It may get the same numbers again next week but considering the last time the series had a battle episode they actually drop, that's the best we can hope for.

Well the new Slayers debut has basically the same numbers as when Frontier started. We'll have to see from there.

Any of our photoshop gurus/artists want to try their hand at what that'd look like? :) (personally I'd be very interested to see the results)

a detail...

Ranka, ランカ

Sheryl, シェリル

Ranka's Mother, Ranshe, ランシェ

Sheryl is Ranshe's clone???

123.jpg

by defia San

Thats Ranshee AKA Ranka + Sheryl hybrid. :huh:

So Ranka = FAST Pack

Sheryl = Valkyrie

so Ranshee = Strike Valkyrie??

:lol: :lol:

Thats Ranshee AKA Ranka + Sheryl hybrid. :huh:

So Ranka = FAST Pack

Sheryl = Valkyrie

so Ranshee = Strike Valkyrie??

:lol: :lol:

When did Sheryl become a Valkyrie. We all know Ranka is part Fast Pack but that would be quite fascinating.