Macross references in other anime

And the Monster, itself, is a reference to the RX-75 Guntank.

Rediculously huge cannons on the shoulders? Check.

Missile launcher arms? Check.

Abysmally slow? Hoo-boy, check.

Holy crap, you're right. I never noticed that.

Rediculously huge cannons on the shoulders? Check.

Missile launcher arms? Check.

Abysmally slow? Hoo-boy, check.

Holy crap, you're right. I never noticed that.

Not to mention, the hero is always assigned to defend them in his smaller, more agile, nearly-indestructible, bipedal mech.

Honestly, I'm not seeing much. Perhaps vague coincidental similarities, at best. I wouldn't call it strong influence or homage.

The only strong link I've noticed between the franchises has been the Banshees from Halo and the Battle Pod (Commander Type) from Macross II. I discussed this once with Seto. Not only do the two share many similar hull shapes (especially the whole dorsal fuselage), but they also share similar color schemes and the method of pilot entrance/egress is nearly identical.

I see no resemblance.

I'm shaoked no one has mentioned this already, but Jetstorm and the Vehicon Aerial drones in Beast Machines resemble the Macross Plus fighters- resembling some of the features of the YF-21 Battroid in bot mode and looking near identical to the YF-19 fighter mode in their vehicle mode.

The seekers in Transformers animated themselves too bear a strong resemblence to the YF-19 as well.

I'm shaoked no one has mentioned this already, but Jetstorm and the Vehicon Aerial drones in Beast Machines resemble the Macross Plus fighters- resembling some of the features of the YF-21 Battroid in bot mode and looking near identical to the YF-19 fighter mode in their vehicle mode.

The seekers in Transformers animated themselves too bear a strong resemblence to the YF-19 as well.

And Skyfire's a VF-1.

Also, new Transformer (toy) Treadbolt is a friggin Super VF-1.

I was gonna get one for the lulz, but it was $30. I don't have $30 for Transformers!

Basquash ep 7

post-9033-1242449894_thumb.jpg

VF-1 along with Ecaflowne among Dan's junk.

I was wondering if the money they have in earthdash has a imagine og Kawamori on it. Just looked basguash up on wiki and it turns out he came up with the original concept.

Finished watching Eureke seven, noticed a few references there, big one is when Eureka falling and Reenton catches her and pulls her into the cokpit

Charles and Ray have matching blue and red mecha with matching white strips alsa Max and Milia

I was wondering if the money they have in earthdash has a imagine og Kawamori on it. Just looked basguash up on wiki and it turns out he came up with the original concept.

Finished watching Eureke seven, noticed a few references there, big one is when Eureka falling and Reenton catches her and pulls her into the cokpit

Charles and Ray have matching blue and red mecha with matching white strips alsa Max and Milia

Don't forget Holland Focker.

• 1 month later...

In the other thread, someone also pointed out that a new haruhi episode made reference to Kakizaki and and itano circus.

Speaking of references, i remember this particular scene in Tora Dora when one of the supporting characters (Haruta) dressed up in girl's clothes, and i could swear he did a "kira" pose (along with the star for effect). i'll try to get a screencap later, but for those who've seen Toradora, was it a kira pose? is it even possible that it was a reference; after all, what came first, MF or ToraDora?

• 2 months later...

In season-2 of Dexter, I forget the episode, the one where the comic shop owner is killed, there is a made up poster just inside the door that looks like the old Macross/Robotech poster you see in most comic shops.

Astounding Macross reference in District 9 towards the end of the movie (I know, it's not an anime, but who cares). Won't spoil it for you, see for yourselves (can't miss it)

Missiles? cause that was awesome and i instantly thought macross.

Eureka seveN movire Pocket full of Rainbows, the massive ships getting ready to leave earth is called The Megaroad.

Macross parody for sure :D

snapshot20090131130041.jpg

That is the more pure blatant Macross homage in an anime, dear sir, a pure win, eversince the SDC Orguss animators blatantly put Minmay & bridge bunnies plus nekkid Misa & a crate containing VF-1J in Orguss back in 1980s.

In the other thread, someone also pointed out that a new haruhi episode made reference to Kakizaki and and itano circus.

And I do hope that someone here has already mentioned that an older Haruhi episode made reference to Firebomber?

Pete