Newbie Questions on Macross

what makes you think that? I can't imagine it being possible for a ship the size of the galaxy to be operated by just Grace Co. via remote control. there's got to be some form of crew that's either loyal to grace or running in slave mode that operates the ship. and subseqently were all killed when the big mac and quarter pounder blew it up.

She wasn't blown up. Her bridge and gunship were destroyed, essentially crippling it in a fight. The Battle Galaxy for the most part survived.

Okay not blown up. :mellow:

MacrossMachidaPunch.jpg

Just punched at the gut and ripped to pieces. :ph34r:

hint: detachable bridge section (ref to Macross 2) B)), if it somehow survived Canaria nuke attack.

What is the system called again when we see their eyes following the missiles and locking onto them? I been racking my brain but the poor thing rattled too much.

There's no name in Macross. In real life, it's just called eye-tracking.

Who is Vrlitwhai?? I've been seeing this name on this forum, how come i don't know if i watched every macross!

It is pronounced as Britai. You know the commander of the Adoclass fleet chasing the Macross.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...=8154&st=40

Looking at the Macross Cannon thread the Macross Cannon ranges from 4950m to 5400m in length.

Can somebody make an estimate how tall these guys are in Attacker mode?

Edited by RedWolf

What is the system called again when we see their eyes following the missiles and locking onto them? I been racking my brain but the poor thing rattled too much.

Womanizer tracking style :lol: Thats how womanizer track part of their female target.

Fact: Only Roy, Ozma and Alto could do that trick. Well, basically only Roy is the true womanizer ^_^

question: Are there any detailed pictures of the ExGear suits that Alto uses? I wanted to try to attempt to get something right for a fanart and am looking at Ep 25 but am not sure I have enough shots to see how the wings work.

Womanizer tracking style :lol: Thats how womanizer track part of their female target.

Fact: Only Roy, Ozma and Alto could do that trick. Well, basically only Roy is the true womanizer ^_^

i just got an image of Roy looking at a woman, his eyes doing the epileptic fit bit and being able to accurately tell what a womans bust size was

SO, Azrel has obviously no clue where the Koenig name comes from (Koenig monster you twit, being VERY Macross related)

and i won't let Mr lame response get the better of a perfectly good question and let it die out. (don't go editing now ;) )

Where does the Koenig come from, where did Mr K grab it from, is it some greek legend entailing some monster status so as

to warrant the Koenig Monster name or did it just sound cool? (it does actually)

In the quickly pounced on thread, i asked what origin the Koenig name was from (language?), has it a proper meaning, i saw a couple

of peeps in the white pages, with the correctly spelt Koenig surname while i was looking for a company phone number while

at work, which i thought was fairly interesting. Anyone in the know?

It's common to add names like "Koenig" (or other terms) to things to show an improved model. Since the VB-6 is a variable Monster, it's thus the "Koenig Monster", meaning "King Monster." That's all it is. It's like in World War II, the PzKpfw VI Tiger I tank was replaced by the PzKpfw VI Tiger II (nicknamed Königstiger).

Edited by Talos

Thanks Radd! I also just got a PM from Veffidas saying the exact same thing, pretty good title i reckon!

King Monster. Awesome.

It's common to add names like "Koenig" to things to show an improved model. Since the VB-6 is a variable Monster, it's thus the "Koenig Monster", meaning "King Monster." That's all it is. It's like in World War II, the PzKpfw VI Tiger I tank was replaced by the PzKpfw VI Tiger II (nicknamed Koenig Tiger).

Huh, that's pretty cool as well. I guess i have a name for my custom VF-1 valk now! Thanks so much for that Talos.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

SO, Azrel has obviously no clue where the Koenig name comes from (Koenig monster you twit, being VERY Macross related)

Just thought it was cool seeing it in the whitepages whilst looking up a number for work, anyone know it's origins?

Your question, as it is phrased, has absolutely nothing to do with Macross. And even then, you're gonna waste a thread on a simple question like that?

Your question, as it is phrased, has absolutely nothing to do with Macross. And even then, you're gonna waste a thread on a simple question like that?

Sorry? Are you saying all the responses we've got from good people here that are "in the know" are worthless?

You could have at least let me to re-edit the question to let people know (the ones that don't know where Koenig is related to Macross heh)

so they wouldn't be offended. *puzzled look* I thought it was a dead set given that everyone would know what i was talking about.

It wasn't a simple question (you knew the answer?), it could have branched off in a few different directions and created intelligent discussion.

:edit:

Just saying if you would have let me re-edit it would have saved the embarrissment. I apologize if i have created such a hassel. *shrugs*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm waiting for you to lock one of the two threads in the first page discussing the Galaxy Tour Final... :lol:

Repost:

I really enjoyed Macross F, probably the best right after the tv show. I had a bunch of questions and hadnt seen them answered anywhere. i plowed thru the discussion threads but there is so much i may have missed, feel free to direct me to a faq or similar if needed. Anywho:

1. What is Grace O'Connor? Some sort of robot i got, but who were all the other people that seemingly lived inside her?

2. It seems as if shes bound and determined to destroy the Vajra all the way up till the last ep, then she wants to control them and either wipe out humanity or embed us with the crystals and control us, i'm not sure.

3. Whats goin on with Macross Galaxy? It seems as if the entire Macross Galaxy fleet was on board with Grace and her bid to control the Vajra. Is that true? I mean you see all the dulfim ships and others fighting against our heroes in ep 25 and it seems pretty conveniant the whole fleet would go along with that.

4. Where is the main "island" for Macross Galaxy and all the surrounding "islands"?

5. In all seriousness, whats up with Alto? He has these two women who throw themselves at him and he almost seems completely detached. I get the feeling its playing to the vastly male audience to identify with a male protagonist who has woman throwing themselves at him, but, again in all seriousness, Alto seems like hes gay, at least in terms of the way he seems so totally uninterested in Sharyl and Ranka.

6. How did Grace fly in and then insert herself into the queens head so effortlessly? Where did that come from? was there some backstory about how she had figured out how to "jack in" to a vajra? It seemed as if they didnt even have the location of the homeworld until ep 24 and then she just flies thru all the planetary guards and right up to the queen then into their queen then into a little bubble and plugs in? in every other episode the vajra attack on sight.

7. The feeling i get is that the macross Galaxy fleet started attacking the Vajra then lead the vajra to Frontier to keep on attacking, is that true?

8. the Zentraedi naval detachment seemed to have found a earth type planet, why did Frontier not want that planet? What were they looking for instead of that type of world?

9. What was that rocky ring like structure surrounding the vajra homeworld?

10. So grace and Leon were in league, to do what? Kill the Vajra?

11. How does that Guy Bilrer figure into their plot? was he in on it all or some of it?

12. Berera worked against the macross Galaxy team for a umber of episodes, why wasnt he arrested or detained or whatever? Its not like he kept a low profile. or did they just never figure out he was the red valk guy? They quarantined the "Dulfim" crews when they rescued them early on so...

13. and so was the "rescue" of the ships from the Galaxy fleet in episode 7 or so just a ruse?

Maybe its the translations i saw didnt convey this stuff properly, i saw the GG versions. Again loved the show just couldn't connect some dots.

1. She's a cyborg.

2. She's using the Vajra to spread her fold network.

3. The big people on Galaxy were behind Grace 100%.Can't say the rest about its citizens.

4. Dunno.

5. No comment.

6. She's a freakin cyborg.

7. Galaxy definitely provoked them first.

8. The Zentradi unit was probably there to survey and establish a military presence. There was probably no guarantee that the world would be colonized.

9. A natural asteroid field?

10. They were learning about the Vajra. Leon wanted the power grab. Grace probably would have killed him after he outlived her usefulness to her.

11. He wanted to meet Minmay. :)

12. Cuz he's got a override switch attached to his forehead.

13. Dunno.

Welcome back Roycommi, I love your old Satellite Factory webpage ;)

Hmm, need time to answer all those question, let me try it.

1. Grace is a cyborg/artificial human, her consciousness is connected with an implant network which explain why she have many persona in her.

2. She ordered Purple-1 to destroy Vajra to prevent Frontier fleet from studying it.

3. Galaxy went ambitious with the Fold-Implant network thing, and they want to control the Galaxy by slaving the Vajra (which are feared by the Protoculture). With the ability of unlimited fold travel, they can summon their bio-weapon (Vajra) anywhere in galaxy.

4. Main island is probably the main ship of Macross Galaxy, its not know whether it had other islands as well.

5. Alto is in love with his paperplane.

6. Grace had Ranka mind-controlled, by using the "Little Queen", she hacked her way into the Vajra network, allowing her to take control of the Vajra.

7. I think its the other way around, Galaxy led Vajra to begin their attack on Frontier, and they later hide by using Vajra attack as an excuse.

8. Hmm, its not their destination? Since I think Galia IV is just an outpost for a Zentran Navy (not to mention the splinter group which hated miclone).

9. Mountains?

10. Leon is manipulated by Grace, Leon want to take control of Frontier, Grace the entire NUNS/Galaxy.

11. Bilrer is the founder of SMS, without him there are no SMS, Macross Quarter or VF-25. Also he wanted to harvest the Vajra for the fold quartz, but his main reason is to use the fold quartz to meet Minmay.

12. Brera only turned against Galaxy in the final episode, he's like an agent/elite pilot for Galaxy forces. The attack on SMS member by him may be just an excuse since they "interfering" with his missions.

13. Frontier fleet did try to rescue Galaxy, but they didn't know that Galaxy is manipulating them. Its also possible that the Dulfim is use to spy on Frontier.

Other member may give better answer. :p

1. Implant network consists of many personas, each probably getting a say in decision making.

2. She wanted to use them not destroy them.

3. Implant network does its magic, those that arent on board are taken cared of.

4. From what I saw, there is only 1 mainland which was last spoted hiding in the asteriod field. Battle Galaxy most probably separated to prepare for the finale.

5. Id be crazy not to go with one of the female leads, but then again not everything is about women. He probably needed to settle things with himself before commiting to other people.

6. Queen network protocol decyphered by green dog-haired loliblob.

7. It all started with the science fleet Ranka was in.

8. Galia IV does not rotate I believe. 1 side always facing Galia I. Its not fit for colonization because of extremes in weather and temperature. But good enough for a military outpost.

9. Cloud formation?

10. They had their own agendas and for a moment there, scheming together was easier.

11. SMS Owner. Also MacrossF version of Macross7 Flower girl.

12. Because you are automatically forgiven for shooting down Klan-klan costing alot of $$ in repairs. Beats me. Lots of incosistencies there. But it was only on the last ep that he was free from slave mode.

13. Those were probably legit military who were clueless to Galaxys' plans.

Edited by adrianop

11. Bilrer is the founder of SMS, without him there are no SMS, Macross Quarter or VF-25. Also he wanted to harvest the Vajra for the fold quartz, but his main reason is to use the fold quartz to meet Minmay.

No Quarter = No GAR Bobby Macross Attack/Macross Cannon. :lol:

Although the VF-25 would still be around as it was developed by LAI. So prolly the NUNS get to test it if SMS was not around.

How big are the small vaijia compared to say a VF-17 (pics comparison if possible), anybody observe their movement behavior, and do they move their tail while cruising or is it only when they are accelerating?

Thanks in advance for any answers

How big are the small vaijia compared to say a VF-17 (pics comparison if possible), anybody observe their movement behavior, and do they move their tail while cruising or is it only when they are accelerating?

Thanks in advance for any answers

I believe there's a snapshot of a yellow squid riding on back of a VF-171 moment before it impaled the cockpit with its tail.

I believe there's a snapshot of a yellow squid riding on back of a VF-171 moment before it impaled the cockpit with its tail.

Crap need to resize my vajira, after re-watching ep1 of frontier again. Thanks for the reminder of that scene.

My second and third question still stands

Edited by shadow3393

I still really think people are being far too literal about Bilrer wanting to "meet Minmay", and jumping to odd conclusions because of it.

Because it's not really Bilrer who wants to meet Minmay, but the fans themselves.