Newbie Questions on Macross

Okay I'm kinda slow on the uptake, so can someone piont me to the direction/tell me why Macross Galaxy turned on NUN and why the battle whatever (can't remember its name. Was it 13?) from VFX2 turned rouge to?

Grace (Galaxy anonymous/Macross Consortium) wants to control the Vajra fold network with their implant technology. This will allow Grace to have total virtual control on every sentient being with implant on the galaxy, I think it just like standard James Bond supervillain scheme.

Battle-13 was hijacked by the terrorist/rogue UN-Spacy after it was fitted with sound jamming system.

Question for those who has read Mylene Beat.

What happened to Col. Barton's Evil Series experiment?

Does Natter-Valgo ever appear again?

Didn't Natter-Valgo get destroyed...? :unsure:

As for the Col. Barton-tested, Sazapi-approved EVIL, it ends up flying off of the ship and folding away. At least, it looks like it's folding.

Didn't Natter-Valgo get destroyed...? :unsure:

As for the Col. Barton-tested, Sazapi-approved EVIL, it ends up flying off of the ship and folding away. At least, it looks like it's folding.

Valgo was killed but Gavil being a mecha otaku that he is built a mecha version in The Galaxy is Calling Me.

When the Protodevlin left they didn't bring with them Natter-Valgo.

A description please of what the Evil looked like.

Also did Barton get in trouble for it?

Edited by RedWolf

Valgo was killed but Gavil being a mecha otaku that he is built a mecha version in The Galaxy is Calling Me.

When the Protodevlin left they didn't bring with them Natter-Valgo.

Yeah...didn't Natter-Valgo get destroyed in The Galaxy Is Calling Me? I may be misremembering it, however...

A description please of what the Evil looked like.

Also did Barton get in trouble for it?

It looks like a pretty standard dragon, with a long neck, but with four eyes and feathered wings. It's very, very big...at least as large as Glavil, if not bigger. And it has a psychic connection with Mylene (which may be broken when it leaves...I'm not sure). Barton and Sazapi were using Mylene's song energy to nuture it, and it broke out of its containment when Sazapi tried to rape Mylene (as seen in Dynamite 7).

As for Barton...it's hard to tell. He tries to kill Dr. Chiba (which may win applause from Macross 7 detractors, but probably wouldn't do much to endear him to Max or Millia), but the last page he's on is quite dialogue-heavy, and although I've more-than-skimmed the comic, I haven't sat down with a dictionary and fully READ it yet (there's no furigana, which makes it rather difficult). So he's not SHOWN to be in any trouble, but (as I said) he tried to kill Dr. Chiba, and the Evil smashed a both the research ship it was incubated on, and an entire city block or two on City 7, so I'd imagine he has some kind of punishment due.

I dunno. It may be covered in the dialogue... :unsure:

I have a question about some macross books. In the macross world book section I was comparing Perfect Memory and This Is Animation macross vol 3,5 and 7. I was wondering if you get Perfect Memory would you really need to have the This Is Animation books ? Would you be getting a lot of redundant material or would the This Is Animation books have some additional material ?

Thanks in advance.

The This Is Animation books do have plenty of material not appearing in Perfect Memory. They are quite the worthy buy.

Thank you for the info I will have to add the This Is Animation books to my list of Macross books that I am wanting to get.

I was also looking at the AM JuJu : Macross Love Stories book would this book be a good buy also?

Thank you for the info I will have to add the This Is Animation books to my list of Macross books that I am wanting to get.

I was also looking at the AM JuJu : Macross Love Stories book would this book be a good buy also?

Macross Love Story is...okay. It's pretty much what it says it is...lots of pictures (from the show) of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay. If you're looking for stats or anything mecha-related, it's not a good resource. It does have some early character design sketches though, and LOTS of photos of Mari Iijima.

I remember looking at those when I was a kid, thinking she was really, really cute. Little did I know that a mere fifteen years later, I'd actually meet her... ^_^

Macross Love Story is...okay. It's pretty much what it says it is...lots of pictures (from the show) of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay. If you're looking for stats or anything mecha-related, it's not a good resource. It does have some early character design sketches though, and LOTS of photos of Mari Iijima.

I remember looking at those when I was a kid, thinking she was really, really cute. Little did I know that a mere fifteen years later, I'd actually meet her... ^_^

Thanks for the info do the early character design sketches appear exclusively in the Macross Love Story book or do they also appear in books like Perfect Memory or This Is Animation books?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info do the early character design sketches appear exclusively in the Macross Love Story book or do they also appear in books like Perfect Memory or This Is Animation books?

Thanks again

Since I don't have those, I don't know. Sorry.

Most of the early design sketches in Macross Love Story appear in Perfect Memory. There were only a few illustrations that weren't in Perfect Memory. However, the images in Macross Love Story actually have better quality than they do in Perfect Memory.

Shoji Kawamori's nickname

Why is Shoji Kawamori referred to as Hory Froating Head?

That's a long story...and it's not terribly funny when you get right down to it.

Basically, in 1999, when Animeigo released the SDFM DVD set, there was a photo of one of the Animeigo guys holding up the box and some other people bowing down before it. Oh, and lightning was coming out of the box, filling the acolytes with pure, unedited Macross goodness.

Well, someone slapped a picture of Kawamori's head looking down over the whole thing (or maybe Kawamori was there in the original photo, but I don't think so) and being well pleased with the whole proceeding. So, thanks to that photo, he became The Holy Floating Head, which later, rather lamely, got turned into The Hoary Fraoting Head.

See? Not very funny.

But now you know.

That's a long story...and it's not terribly funny when you get right down to it.

Basically, in 1999, when Animeigo released the SDFM DVD set, there was a photo of one of the Animeigo guys holding up the box and some other people bowing down before it. Oh, and lightning was coming out of the box, filling the acolytes with pure, unedited Macross goodness.

Well, someone slapped a picture of Kawamori's head looking down over the whole thing (or maybe Kawamori was there in the original photo, but I don't think so) and being well pleased with the whole proceeding. So, thanks to that photo, he became The Holy Floating Head, which later, rather lamely, got turned into The Hoary Fraoting Head.

See? Not very funny.

But now you know.

So that's the reason...  <_<

See? Not very funny.

But now you know.

I actually saw the original photo. The FIRST version didn't have lightning. Just the one guy holding up The Box and the other guys bowing down before it's glory.

Lightning was edited in later(I think for one of the first reviews, actually), coming out of the head of the guy holding up the box, going into the box, then out of the box and into the heads of the worshippers.

I didn't see the Froating Head version until much later, but I don't think I was active here when it came out.

So that's the reason... <_<

I actually saw the original photo. The FIRST version didn't have lightning. Just the one guy holding up The Box and the other guys bowing down before it's glory.

Lightning was edited in later(I think for one of the first reviews, actually), coming out of the head of the guy holding up the box, going into the box, then out of the box and into the heads of the worshippers.

I didn't see the Froating Head version until much later, but I don't think I was active here when it came out.

That's very interesting and all, but c'mon...I said "now you know."

There's ONLY ONE correct response to that statement...and I refuse to believe you don't know it. <_<

Most of the early design sketches in Macross Love Story appear in Perfect Memory. There were only a few illustrations that weren't in Perfect Memory. However, the images in Macross Love Story actually have better quality than they do in Perfect Memory.

Thank you for the info. I am surprised that they didn't put all the early design sketches in Perfect Memory and that the sketches in Macross Love Story are actually better quality.

Just to give an example of the difference in image quality of the two books, I took a picture of one of the illustrations. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, so the images are a bit blurry, but the differences are still noticeable.

The top picture is from Perfect Memory, the bottom from Love Story:

post-1431-1223235515_thumb.jpg

Just to give an example of the difference in image quality of the two books, I took a picture of one of the illustrations. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, so the images are a bit blurry, but the differences are still noticeable.

The top picture is from Perfect Memory, the bottom from Love Story:

post-1431-1223235515_thumb.jpg

Yea I can definitely see the difference Love Story looks to have more vibrant colors and better defined lines in the artwork. Seeing images like these makes me feel like I would enjoy both of these books. It's alway interesting to see early designs and see the ideas that were floated around before Macross made it on air. I wonder what the story is with adding hoods too the uniforms? Thanks for posting the example of the artwork to.

That's very interesting and all, but c'mon...I said "now you know."

There's ONLY ONE correct response to that statement...and I refuse to believe you don't know it. <_<

My nerdgasm gets in the way of proper social etiquette occasionally.

And knowing is half the battle!

Or is it too late to do a "half the battle" now?

:huh: :huh:

Question: In VFX-2, NMC Battle-13 was hijacked and destroyed by UN forces, does this mean there are no Macross-13 colony fleet?

Also, did Macross-13 even shown up in the colonization chart depicted in Frontier?

:huh: :huh:

Question: In VFX-2, NMC Battle-13 was hijacked and destroyed by UN forces, does this mean there are no Macross-13 colony fleet?

Also, did Macross-13 even shown up in the colonization chart depicted in Frontier?

I suppose there is but their NMC Battle section got stolen.

Which brings into question how do you steal a Macross?

Though we can credit Mr UN Spacy commander Wilbur Garland for that.

Battle Galaxy to me isn't even crewed. Grace and company probably had every loyal NUNS officer and personnel killed.

Though we can credit Mr UN Spacy commander Wilbur Garland for that.

Battle Galaxy to me isn't even crewed. Grace and company probably had every loyal NUNS officer and personnel killed.

what makes you think that? I can't imagine it being possible for a ship the size of the galaxy to be operated by just Grace Co. via remote control. there's got to be some form of crew that's either loyal to grace or running in slave mode that operates the ship. and subseqently were all killed when the big mac and quarter pounder blew it up.

Paperclip and Swiss army knife :lol:

I was thinking turkey baster, shoe string, and a the cardboard tube from a role of toilet paper

Edited by anime52k8

They found a hyper talented, annoyingly emo (and possibly disturbingly pretty) macronized teenage zentraedi kid and let him into the bridge.

Well, someone slapped a picture of Kawamori's head looking down over the whole thing (or maybe Kawamori was there in the original photo, but I don't think so) and being well pleased with the whole proceeding. So, thanks to that photo, he became The Holy Floating Head, which later, rather lamely, got turned into The Hoary Froating Head.

See? Not very funny.

But now you know.

...and knowing is half the battle. :p

Thanks for the answer. Does anyone have this image? My google-fu has not been effective thus far.