Character Art Appreciation Topic

Macronized Men flying female power suits eh? Well lets see we have interstellar travel, giant cities in domes, and at least one war fought with song energy... what's impossible?

Edited by Master Dex

Humans can't be macronized though right? The only time that ever happened was in DYRL and that's not canon, it's a movie made inside canon. I don't ever remember a human getting macloned

Speaking of acronyms, most of you missed my club.

Fixed my sig.

I'll need to work like Sector Seven to keep up with all these A.C.R.O.N.Y.M.S. = Allegedly Crass Renderings of Organizations with Names Yelling of Makeshift Spectacular.

Edited by Master Dex

Humans can't be macronized though right? The only time that ever happened was in DYRL and that's not canon, it's a movie made inside canon. I don't ever remember a human getting macloned

Just because DYRL isn't canon doesn't mean that it isn't possible. In fact, the fact that it's in DYRL suggests that it might very well be possible. After all, a movie that's supposedly loosely based on something that actually happened (i.e. Space War I) isn't likely to have something rather basic that's known to be impossible, such as macronized humans. And so far as I know, there's never been anything written that suggests that it can't be done.

So we really don't know.

Also, Mikhail is often drawn with somewhat pointed ears, so there's a good chance that he's at least part Zentraedi.

Just because DYRL isn't canon doesn't mean that it isn't possible. In fact, the fact that it's in DYRL suggests that it might very well be possible. After all, a movie that's supposedly loosely based on something that actually happened (i.e. Space War I) isn't likely to have something rather basic that's known to be impossible, such as macronized humans. And so far as I know, there's never been anything written that suggests that it can't be done.

So we really don't know.

Also, Mikhail is often drawn with somewhat pointed ears, so there's a good chance that he's at least part Zentraedi.

Besides, for all intents and purposes, humans and zentraedi are the same species and genetically compatible.

Besides, for all intents and purposes, humans and zentraedi are the same species and genetically compatible.

Indeed... ^_^

By now, this should be considered canon... U didn't watch the original Macross or what? ^_^

post-7862-1212224952_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1212224964_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1212225049_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

It's funny how they stuck the Movie into the TV Canon storyline, but changing Space War I in such a way would be like making movie about WW2 with Hitler a female and it being a Matriarchal Society. But what's done is done.

It's funny how they stuck the Movie into the TV Canon storyline, but changing Space War I in such a way would be like making movie about WW2 with Hitler a female and it being a Matriarchal Society. But what's done is done.

And the relevance of this post to this thread is? :blink:

Relevance is a commodity these days, you don't see as much of it as you'd like. I bet we could make an acronym out of that somehow....

Relevance is a commodity these days, you don't see as much of it as you'd like. I bet we could make an acronym out of that somehow....

Tempting, I'll get back to you on that.

I brought it up because people brought up the canonlogical(not sure if it's a word so I just made it up if so)significance of events that occurred in the movie in regards to whether Mikhail might be able to Macronize himself. I just found it strange that given they changed so much of the base story and even social relationship of the Zentraedi(not only in regards to not mixing but in this case a complete war against each other) that a lot of the movie itself could in itself be considered almost complete fiction within the realm of the Macross Universe. Unless I am wrong and besides keeping design elements they use a blending of both the TV shows storyline and the movies in regards to Space War I.

I guess I should have been more specific. I was going to delete it but I couldn't find a place to do so not used to this BB software yet so just left it, sorry for the odd tangent and will refrain from doing so in the future.

I brought it up because people brought up the canonlogical(not sure if it's a word so I just made it up if so)significance of events that occurred in the movie in regards to whether Mikhail might be able to Macronize himself. I just found it strange that given they changed so much of the base story and even social relationship of the Zentraedi(not only in regards to not mixing but in this case a complete war against each other) that a lot of the movie itself could in itself be considered almost complete fiction within the realm of the Macross Universe. Unless I am wrong and besides keeping design elements they use a blending of both the TV shows storyline and the movies in regards to Space War I.

I guess I should have been more specific. I was going to delete it but I couldn't find a place to do so not used to this BB software yet so just left it, sorry for the odd tangent and will refrain from doing so in the future.

We noted that at least genetically, there should be no impediment to a human being macronized since humans and zentraedi share the same genetic code, i.e. are the same species. Something that I believe was made canon as of SDFM.

It is a good question.

What is too far?

What is just kinky and what is plain wrong?

Of course it is obvious to some people and one could go with societies standards as a measure of what is sexually appropriate but that too is quite variable.

I do not think it is a question of either A) Exclusively Marital Missionary Style with no Oral Pleasuring OR B) Anything Goes (rape/incest/pedophilia).

But of course this is going to go wayyyyyy off topic if we get into it.

I think that for me the Rape Incest and Pedophilia is what is most disturbing to me about hentai.

Sure I do like some kinky stuff but those areas are just wrong IMO.

But on that note I have to admit that the idea of hooking up with a non micronized zentraedi woman (meltran) has me thinking up lots of fun explorations. Is that wrong? Who will admit to having thought that? And of you who still thinks that the above mentioned image is still wrong? Is that a thin line or a clearly defined distinction?

I am not begging for moderator banishment but I will apologize in advance if this is pushing the limits. (please do not close the thread if I am but just delete my entry).

Warning: Let's not go for two.

Then maybe we should set some ground rules...

No posting or linking to:

1) nudity

2) bondage

3) rape

4) erotic violence

5) defloration

Okay would be:

1) non-erotic fan art and screengrabs

2) bathing suit/lingerie

3) risqué stuff, as long as it doesn't contain any of the things on the "no" list.

How does that sound...?

1) nudity

2) bondage

3) rape

4) erotic violence

5) defloration

Okay would be:

2) bathing suit/lingerie

3) risqué stuff, as long as it doesn't contain any of the things on the "no" list.

How does that sound...?

That sounds totally reasonable. Thanks.

1) nudity

2) bondage

3) rape

4) erotic violence

5) defloration

Okay would be:

2) bathing suit/lingerie

How does that sound...?

How about adding another to the NO list.... "Birds & the Bees" since that was the image that closed down the other thread.

How about adding another to the NO list.... "Birds & the Bees" since that was the image that closed down the other thread.

I think I covered that under "defloration."

But I'd really rather not have a long, drawn-out discussion about it. The mods have spoken, and it's in our best interest to heed their verbs and pronouns.

Let's bring it to a close now, and we can start another "Sexy (But Not TOO Sexy) Frontier" thread at some other time.

Meh! What a waste, and aside from the pics, we were having a legitimate discussion on whether or not the fact that humans and zents are technically and genetically the same species would mean that humans could be macronized as well (DYRL Max notwithstanding).

I think I covered that under "defloration."

Dude....if it happens naturally, its not "defloration".

At least that's how i saw the picture. *Shrug*