Character Art Appreciation Topic

Speaking of which, SMS needs to fix the heating in that hangar, Klan looked mighty cold, if you get my drift.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that :p

Although you'd think a space suit would have pretty good heat insulation...

There's next to no Cathy at all! I know, as I tried finding a decent shot for my new avatar.

Yep, can't seem to find any Cathy fan-art. I have however, seen one of Grace in a swimsuit (granted it was with Sheryl).

Hehehe... well, here are some "Ranka-Carrot" images. They are not animated though...

I saw carrot-Klan in 4chan, I forgot to save it ^_^ Maybe the guys on animesuki have one.

Gubaba's avatar seams to have been converted into a PNG, thereby making it nothing more than as vegetable as the carrots it portrays.

Here are two Macross World sized versions. One cropped to maximum dimensions, the other merely scaled down.

post-1202-1214327490_thumb.pngpost-1202-1214327505_thumb.png

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I don't know if any of those carrot pics are supposed to be moving but as far as I can see, none of them are animated. All I see is differently colored carrots (I can tell which carrot is Ranka before she would pop out), but nothing moving. I am using Firefox 3, so it would work, I see other animated gifs (like MisaForever's current avatar).

How long are you looking at them? They're designed to catch off guard, so she doesn't pop out until after a full 10 seconds.

They didn't want to playback in the GIMP, but tested on my Firefox 3, they work just fine.

Keep in mind, I only modded it, keeping timing intact.

Ah, I see now! I didn't know you had to watch it for that long, I expected it would be a quicker thing. While I see it happen of the ones you made Mercurial, I don't see Gubaba's avatar doing it at all.

As I said earlier, Gubaba's isn't a gif, but a PNG. He must of had the forum software rescale it and it changed the format or something. Ranka will always be in hiding in that one. Hence why I remade it to MW limits.

I can always speed it up, but only if anyone's going to use it.

Does this mean that Gubaba will have to make a post that takes longer than 10 seconds to read? Could be a problem... ;):p:wub:

the problem is that after more than 10 seconds of reading, you would have already scrolled down, and the avatar wouldn't even be visible on the computer screen anymore. all that effort for naught. :p

the problem is that after more than 10 seconds of reading, you would have already scrolled down, and the avatar wouldn't even be visible on the computer screen anymore. all that effort for naught. :p

Then again, that would be fun if it caught people who were simply browsing through a thread of guard when it popped up when they weren't expecting it.

Then again, that would be fun if it caught people who were simply browsing through a thread of guard when it popped up when they weren't expecting it.

and the first case of heart-attack from reading a fan forum would be known worldwide as the "gubaba attack!". ^_^

ACHOO!! *sniff*

Thanks for the fixed gif...I was wondering about what happened. The old one still works on my computer...

Does this mean that Gubaba will have to make a post that takes longer than 10 seconds to read? Could be a problem... ;):p:wub:

Obviously you don't care about the Nyan Fro liner notes...those take a long time to read (not as long as they took to translate, though...)

I believe that's the idea. Nothing more WTF than typing up a message, then suddenly something moves. ^_^

ACHOO!! *sniff*

Thanks for the fixed gif...I was wondering about what happened. The old one still works on my computer...

Obviously you don't care about the Nyan Fro liner notes...those take a long time to read (not as long as they took to translate, though...)

No problem. I guess this proves the the forum software can't scale gifs for whatever reason. Though I sort of miss the Nanase cosplayer.

I'm just bugging ya :) The translations were much appreciated.

More Klan art... the first one seems to be a parody of Gundam I believe... :ph34r:

The first one seems familiar but I can't seem to place it. The last one would make Mikhail secretly stock up on seven coloured carrots.