Heroes (thread #2)

That has got to be the craziest thing to happen in a supper hero story ever!!!!

yea, a little too crazy for me. they ruined the entire premise of the show. i think i might buy the dvd box set of season 1 and watch that over and over...

i found this and i agree with his final thought

warning, contains minute by minute updates/spoilers for tonight's episode.

http://looking2dastars.livejournal.com/109535.html

next season is going to be the dark phoenix saga, i mean nathan/sylar aka nathylar saga.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...3#post359998200

you know, my prediction was right. i said during ep. 2 or 3 of vol. 4, fugitives, that they were making nathan really, really, really evil so that they could finally kill me off for good. i was half right, they had to bring him back as nathan/sylar/nathylar.

i don't like this plot twist. they could have done the same thing when they killed off the claire's stepdad, use claire's (or was it adam's blood) to bring him back to life. i guess that they didn't want to do that for a second time. was that from season 2?? i've heard stories that everything that happened in season 2 has been thrown out the window (it was a dream and it never happened).

i can't never could stand icewoman. i liked her she-hulk character better. now she's back as hydro-woman (i thought that she wasn't dead anyways).

what?!? are they going to take away hiro's powers again? hiro keeps getting worse and worse every season. he had the best adventures in season 1, now he's just as hated as claire.

i guess the special effects budget got cut big time. the fight between sylar, nathan and peter wasn't even shown. at least in season 1, peter and sylar had brief fights. tim kring must have been watching bleach and now he is cutting out all of the fight scenes (think bleach and the first arc where there are 3 or 4 fights where they only show who won the fight. but i thought that those scenes got cut so that the manga author could move on to the next story arc and not due to "no special effects/fight scenes). i didn't care to hear and see the fight from claire's point of view.

season 2 was the executioner's song from x-men/x-force/excaliber/x-factor (ok, the end of it where they release the virus). season 3 was partly the mutant depower arc that marvel is now on (i googled x-men and found out that lots of mutants lost their powers in marvel comics). now it's on to the dark phoenix saga. i wouldn't mind the borrowing of the x-men storyline if heroes hadn't decided that everything that happened in season 1 is now stupid and we must now take away powers from some people and make others overpowered (the mystique shape shifting finale that they decided to use).

final thought. the finale was good. but i don't like the direction that they took the show (lol, another i loved it and hated it at the same time).

Okay it is a show about Super Heroes. You watch Super Heroes stuff to see a Super Heroes fight it out. Looking at the after fight damage to the room showed it was an epic battle. Did we see it? No. We should have seen bodies being tossed in to walls and crap. Viewers would be saying it was the best episode ever!

After watching it.... all i can say is that the writers are simply setting themselves up for a big mess later on....i don't know, but I just feel that even if they are able to write themselves out of the mess, its gonna be some super unbelievable (i.e: crappy) stuff

Well if people would stop bitching about not having enough "powers" being displayed throughout the series then they could have saved up for a special effects bonanza season finale. That and they need a fight coordinator. Man these Heroes punch like wusses.

I don't agree that Sylar should have died in S1, his powerful evil character was fun and he got away in the end but I utterly dislike that they made Quinto a regular in S2. So many regular "Heroes" but one regular "Villain"? Basically made it the Sylar show. I once again blame the producers/writers for reading forums and acting on what the fans wanted instead of thinking things through their own way. Making Sylar a reoccuring practically unstoppable villain would have made him utterly badass. Now we get stuck with this Sylar/Nathan hybrid.

That said I enjoyed S3, I still think Peter's an idiot, and one overglaring plothole. Why didn't they just cut Claire and inject Nathan with her blood? Does her magic blood have a time limit in that it doesn't work on people dead after a certain amount of time? IIRC HRG was injected immediately after being shot. Was Nathan too far gone to try?

Loved: Tracy's back and I'm pretty sure she's the new villain. How do you fight a person made of water? A person made of fire! Let's see if Meredith comes back.

I actually like it like that. It sets up a battle of the psyches. Is the Nathan character stronger then the Sylar character? Who will eventually win out? Two minds, one body. The war hero versus the psychopath. It makes Sylar back to being a bit character, exactly what he should have been in the series instead of being made a regular.

Well if people would stop bitching about not having enough "powers" being displayed throughout the series then they could have saved up for a special effects bonanza season finale. That and they need a fight coordinator. Man these Heroes punch like wusses.

I don't agree that Sylar should have died in S1, his powerful evil character was fun and he got away in the end but I utterly dislike that they made Quinto a regular in S2. So many regular "Heroes" but one regular "Villain"? Basically made it the Sylar show. I once again blame the producers/writers for reading forums and acting on what the fans wanted instead of thinking things through their own way. Making Sylar a reoccuring practically unstoppable villain would have made him utterly badass. Now we get stuck with this Sylar/Nathan hybrid.

That said I enjoyed S3, I still think Peter's an idiot, and one overglaring plothole. Why didn't they just cut Claire and inject Nathan with her blood? Does her magic blood have a time limit in that it doesn't work on people dead after a certain amount of time? IIRC HRG was injected immediately after being shot. Was Nathan too far gone to try?

Loved: Tracy's back and I'm pretty sure she's the new villain. How do you fight a person made of water? A person made of fire! Let's see if Meredith comes back.

hell yea, i think that is what killed heroes too. i loved season 1 when i watched my friend's dvd set. he got me into the show. i then dl'ed season 2 (it had already ended/it was the writer's strike) and i enjoyed it. i then went online to catch up on heroes (to find out when season 3 was starting) and i saw that everybody hated all of the new heroes. i saw no problems with the new heroes. it is a superhero show and they should introduce new characters all of the time. they don't have to be regulars but they can make cameos, disappear for awhile, and then come back again for another cameo (just like x-men). but no, they listened to the forums and pretty much killed off anybody related to season 2 (yea, i'm still mad that nikki, daphne and elle are dead. they were cute, who cares about cheerleaders).

they should have stuck to their original plan instead of changing things every 2 or 3 episodes just to please those "forums nerds" (no disrespect to MW). they should have known that those "forum nerds" will complain about EVERYTHING. you can't please them and they have chased off all of the other fans who don't post on forums. hats off to them for making a show that appeals to their smallest segment of fans...

this last chapter is the only part i really didn't like, from the first ep. i was like WTF?!? up to the last ep. i watched last night... i thought Nathan got Adam's immortal/healing blood? were their powers reset during the last eclipse or something? damn, if Parkman can do what he did, the Dollhouse should just hire him...

Edited by m0n5t3r

this last chapter is the only part i really didn't like, from the first ep. i was like WTF?!? up to the last ep. i watched last night... i thought Nathan got Claire's immortal/healing blood? were their powers reset during the last eclipse or something? damn, if Parkman can do what he did, the Dollhouse should just hire him...

i never liked it either. vol. 3 villians was better even tho' arthur was a little bit overpowered with the entire taking everybody's powers (peter and sylar to the extreme), teleporting (hiro) and time travel (hiro). i'm sick of bush and his war on terror and i didn't care to see bush, i mean nathan, fight terrorists...

i forgot that they gave nathan claire's blood. this happened in chapter 2 when nathan was all disfigured from the explosion in the season 1 finale, right?

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

i forgot that they gave nathan claire's blood. this happened in chapter 2 when nathan was all disfigured from the explosion in the season 1 finale, right?

sorry, my bad...it was Adam's blood that Nathan got...

the last chapter just had too many things that detracted from what i liked about the show... i can take the slew of new characters (most of them crappy BTW) that they introduced in the second season, but not the weird stuff that happened in the last chapter that seemed all too convenient...

Edited by m0n5t3r

i never liked it either. vol. 3 villians was better even tho' arthur was a little bit overpowered with the entire taking everybody's powers (peter and sylar to the extreme), teleporting (hiro) and time travel (hiro). i'm sick of bush and his war on terror and i didn't care to see bush, i mean nathan, fight terrorists...

It was Noah HRG Benet that got Claire's blood after Mohinder shot him in the Face/Head.

I actually like it like that. It sets up a battle of the psyches. Is the Nathan character stronger then the Sylar character? Who will eventually win out? Two minds, one body. The war hero versus the psychopath. It makes Sylar back to being a bit character, exactly what he should have been in the series instead of being made a regular.

Nathan is to weak willed Sylar will reemerge eventually it is just a mater of time.

Battle of the psyches? I think we are forgetting that individuals with healing powers can reverse the effects of mind tampering. Peter did it. Linderman fixed Ma Petrelli up. Hiro's mom fixed him up. So basically, we're just waiting for the mind healing to kick in for Sylar to come back, no mind games necessary.

Besides what's "Nathan" going to think when he gets hurt and heals up instantly? The healing factor isn't voluntary as has been shown numerous times. They said that anything that was missing "Nathan" can pick up by using Bridget's powers. So obviously, "Nathan" has all of Sylar's current powers. If he accidentally uses any of those powers, he's going to be like, "What the hell?" That and he doesn't have true flight anymore. He was telekinetic flight which doesn't seem as powerful as true flight. Why else would Sylar use cars to travel unlike Nathan who just flies places at supersonic speeds.

It was a nice ending if it weren't for all the earlier screw ups that makes this ending implausible.

vinnie

You know what really bothered me this Season? All the great character moments and stories that were lost.

-Hiro's touching moment with his mom and the responsibility of keeping the catalysts. 10 minutes later he loses the catalyst.

-Peter gaining Sylar's intuitive aptitude. Loses it next episode. What was the point of getting that power? Nothing.

I agreed that when writers try to cater to the fans instead of writing truly creative and unique stories, you just get crap.

vinnie

Either way, as far as i am concerned, Nathan is for all intents and purposes, dead.

What we see now is just Sylar in make-believe mode, and once snapped to his senses.....

Nathan is to weak willed Sylar will reemerge eventually it is just a mater of time.

Battle of the psyches? I think we are forgetting that individuals with healing powers can reverse the effects of mind tampering. Peter did it. Linderman fixed Ma Petrelli up. Hiro's mom fixed him up. So basically, we're just waiting for the mind healing to kick in for Sylar to come back, no mind games necessary.

Besides what's "Nathan" going to think when he gets hurt and heals up instantly? The healing factor isn't voluntary as has been shown numerous times. They said that anything that was missing "Nathan" can pick up by using Bridget's powers. So obviously, "Nathan" has all of Sylar's current powers. If he accidentally uses any of those powers, he's going to be like, "What the hell?" That and he doesn't have true flight anymore. He was telekinetic flight which doesn't seem as powerful as true flight. Why else would Sylar use cars to travel unlike Nathan who just flies places at supersonic speeds.

It was a nice ending if it weren't for all the earlier screw ups that makes this ending implausible.

vinnie

ok, matt parkman only has the abilities to get inside somebodies head and make them believe anything that he wants (on top of his reading people's minds and painting the future). like when his dad locked him/made him think that he was in his greatest nightmare. so, nathan is supposedly dead. and, sylar is supposedly dead 'cause they burnt his body. mom petrelli had a another shapeshifter locked up somewhere (even though, the company burned down, pinehurst burned down and hiro/ando freed all of the superheroes that the gov't had locked up. but, she still had another guy locked up at an undisclosed location. anyways, that's not my point). so, she had matt get in the head of sylar and get out all of the memories of nathan. then, they made the shapeshifter think that he was nathan. but he also put sylar's memories into the shapeshifter's head and the shapeshifter also think that he is sylar subconsciously (wtf, why did he do that?!?). so, matt can only make the shapeshifter think that he is nathan. so, the shapeshifter's only power should be shapeshifting, not flying or taking other people's power. matt cannot transfer a heroes power from one person to another person. but, the shapeshifter now has sylar's power of superhearing clocks and fixing them. wtf?!? did the writers just give matt another power??????

??????

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

i think the "new Nathan" IS Sylar w/ Nathan's memories (how Parkman got them from Nathan's dead body, i don't know) and Sylar's own memories suppressed, and somehow part of it is Sylar semi-permanently shapeshifting into Nathan. the guy they burned, i think, is the original shapeshifter that got stuck as Sylar when he got killed, not sure how long ago that was, but the body looks fresh (no decomp?)...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Oh, and the Tracy part at the Ending really look lame to me. It's more and more like X-men.

I like Heroes S1 as a story of normal Human Beings getting Super-human abilities, unlike now super-human abilities turning human beings into some liquid monster/creature.

I was wondering how Sylar got flight ability w/o cutting Nathan open? Was he using TK? I also knew that it as Tracy as soon as I saw the water. I think it's stupid. How does freezing power allow her to turn into water? You don't see Iceman doing that.

Sylar will definitely be back. They've already showed a sign of that with the clock scene.

He'll be a Doctor Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. Turning to either Nathan or Sylar with out the other knowing it. Sylar will become a major threat but since he's also Nathan his friends and family will chicken out.

Does anyone like pudgy Parkman? His stories are kinda lame and his character is a pussy.

Does anyone like pudgy Parkman? His stories are kinda lame and his character is a pussy.

Yeah and it annoys me how he turns his head a little sideways and squints his eyes whenever he's using his power.

Why all of a sudden did he stop painting the future? If Angela dreamed about him saving Nathan wouldn't he have painted it before that?

Hiro and Ando are pretty lame now also IMO.

And Mohinder has always sucked.

I was wondering how Sylar got flight ability w/o cutting Nathan open?

The same way he got Elle's electricity ability and the shapeshifter's ability: Papa Petrelli told him how. Of course, since Sylar was going to kill Nathan anyway, there wasn't really any reason for him to get the flight ability without cutting open Nathan's head, other than a) saving on the FX budget by not showing Sylar killing Nathan in mid-flight, and b) leaving a body for Angela and Parkman to easily find.

i think the "new Nathan" IS Sylar w/ Nathan's memories (how Parkman got them from Nathan's dead body, i don't know) and Sylar's own memories suppressed, and somehow part of it is Sylar semi-permanently shapeshifting into Nathan. the guy they burned, i think, is the original shapeshifter that got stuck as Sylar when he got killed, not sure how long ago that was, but the body looks fresh (no decomp?)...
Parkman wiped Sylar's memories & programmed in Nathan's identity. Since Sylar has the ability to absorb memories from objects he touches, he will be unconsciously obsorbing Nathan's memories from objects that Angela will most likely provide. Edited by RD Blade

Parkman wiped Sylar's memories & programmed in Nathan's identity. Since Sylar has the ability to absorb memories from objects he touches, he will be unconsciously obsorbing Nathan's memories from objects that Angela will most likely provide.

That was my understanding. That's why its messed up. If he can do that, then he should still heal. "Nathan" should freak out when he gets hurt next because he's going to heal right up just like his "daughter". Some powers are voluntary like TK and electric manipulation. Healing is involuntary (and apparently clairsentience is too).

I agree that it will become a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde scenario.

vinnie

The same way he got Elle's electricity ability and the shapeshifter's ability: Papa Petrelli told him how. Of course, since Sylar was going to kill Nathan anyway, there wasn't really any reason for him to get the flight ability without cutting open Nathan's head, other than a) saving on the FX budget by not showing Sylar killing Nathan in mid-flight, and b) leaving a body for Angela and Parkman to easily find.

I totally forgot about that. Lol.

Parkman wiped Sylar's memories & programmed in Nathan's identity. Since Sylar has the ability to absorb memories from objects he touches, he will be unconsciously obsorbing Nathan's memories from objects that Angela will most likely provide.

now that's what i hated about this last part. stuff like this that just explains thing too conveniently... and there are times when you're looking for a certain power to manifest, like the involuntary healing thing, they just totally disregard that...

Yeah and it annoys me how he turns his head a little sideways and squints his eyes whenever he's using his power.

And Mohinder has always sucked.

yeah, these two are definitely irritating wusses... really hate their flip-flopping all the time... they should've stayed mommy and daddy to that little girl w/ EDIT - finding people w/ powers power (i swear, my memory is getting fckd up every year i get older :wacko:)... btw, what did happen to that girl?

also started getting bored w/ Claire... wish they hadn't killed Elle, i liked her petiteness better... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

now that's what i hated about this last part. stuff like this that just explains thing too conveniently... and there are times when you're looking for a certain power to manifest, like the involuntary healing thing, they just totally disregard that...

yeah, these two are definitely irritating wusses... really hate their flip-flopping all the time... they should've stayed mommy and daddy to that little girl w/ the power-canceling power... btw, what did happen to that girl?

also started getting bored w/ Claire... wish they hadn't killed Elle, i liked her petiteness better... :)

Power canceling power girl? The only person that can cancel powers is The Haitian. Do you mean Molly? She kinds people.