Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

I hope Beagle fixes that crotchless armor piece. I imagine they left it off so it won't interfere with how the rider sits on the bike. Maybe they will make a soft armor crotch out of vinyl or something, so it looks shiny like armor while still being thin and flexible.

Crotchless armor is just wrong. A huge vulnerability, and way too kinky for Stig.

EDIT:

post-1886-1216664641_thumb.jpg

Not acceptable.

Edited by danth

I hope Beagle fixes that crotchless armor piece. I imagine they left it off so it won't interfere with how the rider sits on the bike. Maybe they will make a soft armor crotch out of vinyl or something, so it looks shiny like armor while still being thin and flexible.

Crotchless armor is just wrong. A huge vulnerability, and way too kinky for Stig.

EDIT:

Not acceptable.

Pee hole? :huh:

:ph34r:

Because of this, I know it makes him sit on the bike a little more naturally; but they should at least give us a piece 2 snap on it for those of us who want to display him next to the bike.

Does this mean that Houqet's version will have camel toe?

Edited by fifbeat

Beagle looks cool. It's the best version imo. But given the asking price we should expect to hold it to a higher standard than we would the cms or MH.

Whoever said they could get us a discount.......how much?

And about the vintage toy argument: I agree vintage toys are valuable like how an ancient antique is valuable to collectors. But remember lots of people are just fans (with high disposable income as a working adult) and don't care about the collectorbility rating. I bet these people wouldn't care whether a toy was vintage or not because they just want the best Toy they can find. (in terms of details, sculpt, transformation complexity etc) Newer toys of old series are hard to sell because the series is old, so you have to pay a premium to see them get made due to risk right?

But the technology advances, and people's expectations are held much higher in modern times. So all those old toys lose some value to fans. (while gaining value to collectors due to rareness reasons) Comics tried to appeal to the collectors who wanted to make a profit selling stuff that would grow in value later. But toy companies shouldn't focus so much only on collectors who never open their toyboxes imo. But instead try to appeal to the diehard fan. (who has no interest in reselling stuff at a later date and just wants to own the best toy) The more people buying them the better chance you will see improvements made. Sure G1 optimus prime was a great toy for the 80s, it's part of history, but if I could only own 1 optimus prime, I would choose the masterpiece prime any day.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

wait... so they're giving head with the blowsuperiors?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:lol::lol::lol: ..................you kill me!!!

:ph34r:

So is the CMS Legioss + Tread worth getting?

I was hoping that by now some company would have risen up from out of nowhere to announce: "we are now going to do the legioss and tread toy" what with all this sudden competition by so many companies to do the ride armors and all..

But so far nothing. :(

I'm thinking for those that paid huge sum for this: has your opinion about it changed much? Do you see the positive side of owning a new toy of the mecha and can easily overlook the messy bits about it (crap link up, small titties, needle nose etc).

All a company has to do is just clone toynami's masterpiece alpha, but just not make it crumple into a fine powder when you sneeze. How hard can that be?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So is the CMS Legioss + Tread worth getting?

I was hoping that by now some company would have risen up from out of nowhere to announce: "we are now going to do the legioss and tread toy" what with all this sudden competition by so many companies to do the ride armors and all..

But so far nothing. :(

I'm thinking for those that paid huge sum for this: has your opinion about it changed much? Do you see the positive side of owning a new toy of the mecha and can easily overlook the messy bits about it (crap link up, small titties, needle nose etc).

All a company has to do is just clone toynami's masterpiece alpha, but just not make it crumple into a fine powder when you sneeze. How hard can that be?

My opinion of the CMs Tread/Legioss hasn't changed at all, I love it. It's held up quite well and I still oggle it or mess with it every time I pass the shelf. Now, the link up never bothered me from the start, nor did the apparent 'needle nose' (I actually love how the nose looks) or the chest vents (even though it is a very peculiar design choice). Nothing has broken or stressed, nothing has gotten loose, nothing really seems to pose a potential problem in the future. While I'll ALWAYS be open and receptive of future new Legioss toys, I'll be content if it never happens.

Your mileage will vary of course, and I'm sure there are some folks who regret spending ~$300 on this, but it's so far my most satisfying toy purchase of the year so far. Displays great, plays great, represents one of my favorite animes of all time. No regrets. :)

And I agree with what you said about Toynami's Legioss. If someone could take that design, tweak it a bit and have it made with more durable plastic I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Of course that's what we were all hoping Aoshima would do, and we know how that turned out.

My opinion on the CMs: Still a decent toy but still not worth nearly what they charged. CMs apparently made a very small production run of them. Here's my advice: wait about six months buy it for $100 or so less than MSRP but don't wait much longer than that. There may come a time when all of these are in collectors' hands and the price will start to edge upward. If Toynami does release their Beta you may actually see some people bored with their CMs toys sell them off kinda cheap... but you may also see some people buy the Toynami Beta, realize it sucks, and hunt down the CMs toy.

So is the CMS Legioss + Tread worth getting?...I'm thinking for those that paid huge sum for this: has your opinion about it changed much? Do you see the positive side of owning a new toy of the mecha and can easily overlook the messy bits about it (crap link up, small titties, needle nose etc)...

It's a fine toy. Not quite as tight as it should be, with some aesthetic issues (depending on the fan), and a fairly worthless "linkup" feature.

If the money isn't anything to you, pick one up, you'll like it. If the price seems ridiculous (which it should), don't bother.

I like mine a lot, but if it hadn't been a gift I would not have paid the price they asked. Owning one hasn't changed my mind on that. And I LOVE Mospeada.