Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

It looks like we're stuck with crotchless armor (Stick you naughty bastard) but I can overlook that easily enough. You know, that face doesn't look all that amazingly wonderful to me. It looks good but I think I may want to see a comparison of the RT head next to this Beagle head.

Does anyone knows if the second run of the MH's Rey and Stig sport the improved Blowsuperior big wheels? When I first bought my Stig and Rey they got lost in the mail, so I'm thinking on buying them again along with Yellow.

its the same. at least what i received a few weeks ago (the new ones should be from 2nd run).

It looks like we're stuck with crotchless armor (Stick you naughty bastard) but I can overlook that easily enough. You know, that face doesn't look all that amazingly wonderful to me. It looks good but I think I may want to see a comparison of the RT head next to this Beagle head.

i dont like that face too. expected a much more accurate sculpt. :angry:

Edited by Shun

@ fly4 cool ! So it was standard

so that answers the question from Lonely, seems like some stiks DO come with the cool new tyres, cuz thats what fly4 got himself ! *lucky bast hehe*

BRING ON YELLOW!!

huh? where did u guys see anything that shows Stick/Rey type with new tyres?

Fly4victory's MH Stick tyres look exactly like the ones i have.

i've never seen anything official about 'new tyres', only wishlists in this thread. :mellow:

Edited by Shun

huh? where did u guys see anything that shows Stick/Rey type with new tyres?

Fly4victory's MH Stick tyres look exactly like the ones i have.

i've never seen anything official about 'new tyres', only wishlists in this thread. :mellow:

Yup, those are the small tires allright. They look good in Armor mode, but in Ride mode are an eyesore. Will have to get three Yellows to salvage the wheels unless somebody thinks on recasting them for the community :)

Really? I thought they looked bigger?

* checks contact lens'....hang on.. i dont HAVE contact lens'.... that could be my problem! ;-p~ * whoops!

The Dark MH has the same small tires. You guys sure it isn't just an optical illusion making Yellow's tires look bigger? Remember, the front end of Yellow's bike does dip lower than everyone elses.

You mean to tell me that there was never "official" word that the tires were made bigger? And we were just judging off photos?

Either way, the small tires never bothered me. I'm keeping them in Voltron mode. =)

The Dark MH has the same small tires. You guys sure it isn't just an optical illusion making Yellow's tires look bigger? Remember, the front end of Yellow's bike does dip lower than everyone elses.

Here's the two types together. I think the tires are clearly different. Check out the Armor mode on both toys. What I don't understand is why the wheels on the blowsuperior are bigger. They look a hundred times better, so you'd think it's an improvement over the previous versions, but that doesn't explain why the second run have the original tires :huh:

post-1636-1218495249_thumb.jpg

Here's the two types together. I think the tires are clearly different. Check out the Armor mode on both toys. What I don't understand is why the wheels on the blowsuperior are bigger. They look a hundred times better, so you'd think it's an improvement over the previous versions, but that doesn't explain why the second run have the original tires :huh:

the second run has the original tires because it's part of that mold set. As you can see they also include Stick's head. Just like when they released the Hikaru Super 1S it came with a different DYRL pilot and you can only get it with that set. Everytime they reissued the Roy, they kept the ugly old pilot. And the non canon got the macross 0 pilot as a result of the low viz mold.

Exclusives are usually just remolds and repaints as oppose to making new ones.

I get it. Probably it's too much hassle to change the tires on a preexisting mold set, or too expensive since it's not exactly a QC issue. It's still a bummer tho'. The small tires bothered from the start. I couldn't identify just what was ruining the bike for me until the fist pics of the Yellow type appeared.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

If the clear/metallic one counts... I already have one :D

Oh, speaking of ride armor exclusives, there's a new post on my site:

On my way to read it now....it looks so......so.......STEALTHY! :D

:ph34r:

Got the long awaited "just shipped" for my Blowsperior order from HLJ :lol:

Same here.

Those new joints on the stealth look nice. Talk about needing to steal parts to improve the first releases.

After Rook I wonder if we will see a MH cannon fodder?

totally getting the Yellow figure. cool toys!

Better hurry, HLJ is already listing it as out of stock. Now all that really remains is Hoquet from MH.

Also, would there be much interest in a cover to pop over the aweful looking Toynami Beta Fighter cockpit in robot mode? If I end up buying one, I know I was probably gonna make one b/c I think it just looks aweful with the cockpit not hidden.

Edited by protostar8

So how many of you have pre-ordered the Crapnami Beta?? I am really tempted ...

:unsure:

I don't have one pre-ordered yet. I figure that someone will get their hands on one a few weeks before release, then we'll get a review. I also think the price will plummet soon after release b/c $150 is ridiculous considering the shipping will probably cost $15-20 since it's 2lbs without packaging, so that's like $170 and I'm not gonna dish that out for a toy unless it's f**king perfect and this is a toynami product that is inherently flawed (I'm looking at you ugly ass cockpit in robot mode). I could buy the YF-19 1/60 for that price and I know it'll be better QC than toynami. When the thing drops below $100, I'll pick it up, but I can't see myself doing that before then.

Edited by protostar8

No Beta for me as I have no interest in having a Beta with no Alpha and there's absolutely no way in HELL I'd buy another Toynami or Aoshima Alpha. And aside from that I already have the CMs Tlead, which is absolutely perfect, so...meh.

I finally scored a Gakken 1/35 Alpha and I wish I had gotten one sooner, it's fantastic! I suspect it's a frankenstein job but whoever put it together did a bang-up job so it's all good.

<---- working hard on CMs Ride Armor review. I think these qualify as a 2nd edition toy as CMs has made some improvements. I think having Mega House and CMs competing with each other is going to prove beneficial to everyone.

<---- working hard on CMs Ride Armor review. I think these qualify as a 2nd edition toy as CMs has made some improvements. I think having Mega House and CMs competing with each other is going to prove beneficial to everyone.

Improvements? Ooh, I can't wait to hear. Are these the clear versions you're talking about? I don't have any desire for those but I wouldn't mind improved regular versions.

I did fix my old Ley windshield with a single drop of super glue... it's the world's easiest fix. Unfortunately, I pulled my first edition Stig out and broke the peg on the rear wheel (obviously not the metal peg) when I attached the piece that becomes the hip armor. That piece is not really repairable so now I'm really bummed.