Macross 7 remastered

Macross007

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can only speak for the ovas atm, as my series torrent hasn't finished yet, but the remastered image quality is mind-blowingly good. The images are unbelievably sharp and crisp. Easily on par with Macross Frontier or Macross Plus. Altough with slightly less animation frames obviously.

Just look at that beautiful armored VF-11!

grab04219copy.jpg

grab04292copy.jpg

grab16049copy.jpg

grab20354copy.jpg

grab23510copy.jpg

grab31207copy.jpg

Edited by DarkReaper

GAMLIN KIIIICK!!

(or, as my old crappy HK bootleg DVDs would have it, "LOOK AT ME!!")

lmao.

In my set, in the Stargazer episode, the subs actually read "too much going on will do later" in one part. I think it was the MAC set.

I can only speak for the ovas atm, as my series torrent hasn't finished yet, but the remastered image quality is mind-blowingly good. The images are unbelievably sharp and crisp. Easily on par with Macross Frontier or Macross Plus. Altough with slightly less animation frames obviously.

Just look at that beautiful armored VF-11!

grab04219copy.jpg

Nice! I love how they added more colour to space, making it mush more similar to what we see in Frontier.

Edited by d3v

Nice! I love how they added more colour to space, making it mush more similar to what we see in Frontier.

Kawamori-san = George Lucas  :blink:

Next they're going to CG out Basara's VF-19 transformation and the cannon fodder VF-11's.

And they'll make it so that in SDFM, the Zentradi shoot first...  ^_^

Kawamori-san = George Lucas :blink:

Next they're going to CG out Basara's VF-19 transformation and the cannon fodder VF-11's.

And they'll make it so that in SDFM, the Zentradi shoot first... ^_^

And change Hikaru's first kill to a vending machine because he wouldn't kill a person, even on accident.

I suspect it's always been there, but with digital transfers it is much easier to bring it out. I strongly suspect that they re-mastered directly from the film prints, not some broadcast VTR tape. Then did color and audio corrections and various other improvements.

Wow, impressive, even if it is Mac 7!

Edited by Zinjo

Just to be clear it's not on DVD with Subtitles in English.

There is a recent remastered version on DVD with Japanese audio that been captured and the old fansubs have been attached to it. That's what you'll find as a download or torrents. The picture is as clean as you can expect for DVD video. I think the subbers have got up to #15 re-old-subbed.

Pictures on this thread link

Edited by DestroidDefender

I suspect it's always been there, but with digital transfers it is much easier to bring it out. I strongly suspect that they re-mastered directly from the film prints, not some broadcast VTR tape. Then did color and audio corrections and various other improvements.

Wow, impressive, even if it is Mac 7!

It definitely was there. I just finished watching FotSW again for my re-review, and in some other shots you can see those purple bands in space.

Whoa! Some of the colors actually change. The remastered version changes the "black" sections of the VF-11C Protect Armor to an olive color. And the Chlore Fleet Q-Rau's look more aqua than dark blue. I'm gonna save these pictures and make some corrections :)

I was looking at these again, and while they do look sharp and clear and beautiful - they do lose a little bit of illusion. The pics on the right almost look filmed, with higher contrasts and variance in focus. Eh, maybe it's just me. They're also a little more forgiving on any animation errors. Maybe I'm just used to washed out and blurry M7 - maybe that's the way I think it's supposed to be...

Decided to switch my DVD player region, and take some screencaps from the remasters of classic moments from Macross 7 - the Frontier is Deculturing me... erm I mean the Galaxy is Calling Me. Sorry Gubaba, for the TM infringement. Regardless, if you didn't see them on AS...

Awww...

jeniusfamily.jpg

Most romantic Macross scene ever...

basaraemilia.jpg

Edited by stray

Decided to switch my DVD player region, and take some screencaps from the remasters of classic moments from Macross 7 - the Frontier is Deculturing me... erm I mean the Galaxy is Calling Me. Sorry Gubaba, for the TM infringement. Regardless, if you didn't see them on AS...

Awww...

jeniusfamily.jpg

"Sokay.

But thanks for the pics...I've been wanting to see a still of that family portrait for a LOOOONG time (someone posted it long ago, but it may have been on the old boards...).

"Sokay.

But thanks for the pics...I've been wanting to see a still of that family portrait for a LOOOONG time (someone posted it long ago, but it may have been on the old boards...).

np... it really is classic. Best we can figure from the top left it's:

Komillia - Millia -Max

Miracle - Therese - Muse (or Muse - Therese... fraking twins)

Miranda - Mylene - Emilia

...and I guess Moaramia isn't canon enough.

edit: poor Miranda with that brown hair :(

Edited by stray

"Sorry, Moaramia...we'd love to have you in the portrait, but..um...we decided it's better if we only have our REAL children in the picture. You understand, I'm sure. Now, just run along to your bed in the closet, and Mommy will give you some gruel in a few hours."

np... it really is classic. Best we can figure from the top left it's:

Komillia - Millia -Max

Miracle - Therese - Muse (or Muse - Therese... fraking twins)

Miranda - Mylene - Emilia

edit: poor Miranda with that brown hair :(

Well a less humorous, more realistic explanation would be that Moaramia had probably moved out by this time and is probably somewhere in space.

Either that, or she's the one taking the picture.

Wow, those look REALLY REALLY good. Instead of pestering my friend to give me back my boot set, I think I need to start downloading and burning these...