1/48 VF-1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts

ValkyrieFactory

Hi all,

I just saw the "1/48 VF-1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts" listed in the pre-order section of HobbyLink Japan (www.hlj.com/product/YMT00074) and was wondering if anyone here has any info on it. Particularly, will it be a re-release of the Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Type and the 1/48 GBP armor in two separate (original) boxes or will it be a repackaging of these two toys in one new box? Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Edited by ValkyrieFactory

Hi all,

I just saw the "1/48 VF-1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts" listed in the pre-order section of HobbyLink Japan (www.hlj.com/product/YMT00074) and was wondering if anyone here has any info on it. Particularly, will it be a release of the Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Type and the 1/48 GBP armor in two separate (original) boxes or will it be a repackaging of these two toys in one new box? Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

I think it's just a re-issue of the VF-1J with Super Parts. The only bundle set (IIRC) to appear was the TOYS 'R US Japanese release in a big blue box. It was a VF-1J and GBP-1S both in standard boxes.

It might be lost in translation "Armor" vs "Super Pack" but the 1/48 Super VF-1J is still shown under

www.hlj.com/product/YMT00074

with the Armor for sale

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00040

I really like my Super VF-1J for the TV pilot and the TV fast packs.

Are there any photos of the Toys R Us Armored VF-1J?

I wonder if the Armored Battroid did not sell well and Yamato is repackaging excess stock.

If it is the Armor than that will be one big box.

Too bad I already have a set.

The non-sale price is the same as the super M&M -1Js, so I would bet on it being a super TV Hikaru. The GPB by itself is 12,000 yen.. packaged with a standard Valk at 14,000, and you'd have over 20,000 at a minimum.

Did they only do one run of the TV Super Hikaru ? I picked mine up early when it came out, and it's the only 1/48 I ever got.

Can someone post a photo comparison with a DYRL fastpack next to a TV fastpack (preferably side shot fighter mode but anything would help)? I think I want to get this one but I am not sure if I like the TV version or the DYRL version better.

That's mostly it, but there are a few differences. The DYRL arm missile racks are a different shape than the TV ones. I don't have a camera handy, but I'm sure there are pictures showing this somewhere on the board. You also don't get the strike cannon, since it was only in DYRL. That's why I'm hoping they do one more Roy run (assuming that I can afford it then :p), so I have an excuse to get a DYRL strike set.

Yeah, looking at the photo from HLJ images I think I like the TV fastpack better than the DYRL one. I have a set of the 1/48 Stealth FP and LOVE them. I wish I had picked up a couple when they were still around.

I sort of thought that I was finished with the 1/48 (except for maybe a kurt custom in the future if I am so lucky), but now I think that a 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru with TV Fastpacks would be the perfect topper to my 1/48 collection. (I of course plan to get some of the 1/60 V.2s: VF-1D orange and VR, VT-1, VE-1, Minmei Guard Paris and Moon, Low vis1, M&M, who knows what they will release).

Pics from my site:

Thank you Jenius. Your site rocks by the way. Great photos of almost everything.

Sorry to continue with this hijack but I have one more question regarding the FP. I have a 1/48 Milia VF-1J and part of her FP is red and part is a kind of gray color such as the arm armor and the tips of the booby ducks. Now is that color gray on Milia's FP the same color as the Hikaru TV Fastpacks?

Darn it... now you're making me want a super M&M set. :p

My 1/48 Milia is my favorite! Got to get one if you can before they are all gone again! Hopefully Yamato will put out the M&Ms in the 1/60V.2 but the 1/48 is so super duper sweet!

Really hope this is a reissue of the 1/48 Super VF-1J Hikaru. Will definitely buy one of it is.

I think it would kind of suck if they did a straight re-issue with no changes. It kind of punishes the people who got it on the first go around. That is assuming it was supposed to be limited edition, which I don't know. If it was not supposed to be limited edition it doesn't matter.

I think it would kind of suck if they did a straight re-issue with no changes. It kind of punishes the people who got it on the first go around. That is assuming it was supposed to be limited edition, which I don't know. If it was not supposed to be limited edition it doesn't matter.

What was needed to be changed? Almost perfect, save for the arm parts where it holds the gunpod, that was problematic.

It was never a limited edition. I think it was never rereleased due to the timing of the GBP, they released the VF only as they thought that people would like to fork out less cash to obtain a VF-1J and GBP at the same time. They must have had high regards for that product.

Hey guys and gals,

Just got a reply from HLJ concerning the VF-1J with armor pack:

Yamato's upcoming 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts (YMT00074) is a double pack set that consists of 1/48 Armor Parts for VF-1 Valkyrie

(YMT00040) and 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru (YMT00025)

Now, the interesting question is will it be a repeat of the TRU special with a (blue) box containing the original VF-1J and GBP boxes or a completely new packaging of the two toys together? :)

Hey guys and gals,

Just got a reply from HLJ concerning the VF-1J with armor pack:

Yamato's upcoming 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts (YMT00074) is a double pack set that consists of 1/48 Armor Parts for VF-1 Valkyrie

(YMT00040) and 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru (YMT00025)

Now, the interesting question is will it be a repeat of the TRU special with a (blue) box containing the original VF-1J and GBP boxes or a completely new packaging of the two toys together? :)

I thought this was a re-release of the Hikaru with the S&S parts. I'm glad it's not. It's about time that they offered these as a set. I hope the come in a special box too, that would be nice. I wish I could be more excited though, I already have one of these :) Anyone want to sell a special box if there is one? :p

if they do come packaged together... you can probably bet there won't be a new box but a gigantic double stuffed box like the super stealth that has 2 plain white boxes each with the valk or GBP....

However... that's a good price for the set though....

I'd agree, the special stealth set came in a stuffed box :lol::blink::wacko:<_<

if they do come packaged together... you can probably bet there won't be a new box but a gigantic double stuffed box like the super stealth that has 2 plain white boxes each with the valk or GBP....

However... that's a good price for the set though....