MacBoy29

Which one whould you choose, remember only one :blink:

here's the list:

1)Yamato: Macross VF-1J Super Valkyrie 1/60

2)Yamato: Macross VF-1J Super Valkyrie 1/48

3)Yamato: Macross YF-19 Fast Pack Valkyrie

4)Robotech: Masterpiece Collection Vol.6 - Jack Archer

5)Transformers: 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime

6)Gundam Fix Figuration 0017b Zeta Plus (Red)

7)Gundam Fix Figuration 0013 Deep Striker

8)Transformers Alternators: SmokeScreen WRX Sti <-- Cheap Hasbro plastic version

I wish i could have'em all. Lets hope Santa will be extra nice to me :ph34r:

The 1/48 Yamato Super VF-1J. Why? It costs the most. ;) Saves a nice hunk of change so you can get the rest of the stuff on the list. BTW, I would skip the MPCs from HG. I have them all but I am selling my extras and refuse to buy anymore. The 1/48s stole my heart :rolleyes: . Just my opinion.

Especially considering it's for Christmas, I'd say either the 1/60 or 1/48 VF-1J's. Which one depends on how much whoever is giving you the gift can afford ($80 vs $180), and how big you really want your 1J. I personally say FP-less 1/48 1J (as in the show), but you said you wanted the fast packs.

The 19 won't be out until next year (early spring??), and something may happen that the Prime may be delayed until January. The others sound like decent gift deas, but I would rather get the Yammie.

Edited by Anubis

Hands down, Prime.

If you're not already on a pre-order list for him then you had better correct that.

Second place, just my opinion, would be the Yamato 1/48 Super VF-1J.

I'd steer clear of the MPC's. The YF-19 FP will not be terribly hard to get your hands on. The Alternators Smokescreen will only be $20 at Toys R Us, and I am sure it will be like the rest of the TRU exclusives in that it will be hard to find on release but warming shelves and stacked 20 deep after a month or so.

I don't know much about Gundams. Transformers and Macross are my bag. Seems most people are agreeing with me though, placing Prime and 1/48 VF-1J at the top of the list.

1/48 Super 1J. Then, whenever you get a 1/48 1S, you can put the FAST packs on it and have TV-accurate 1J Hikaru and 1S Hikaru.

But (and I realize I've said this before) the 1/60 1J is cheaper, takes up less room, and IMO has a nicer head sculpt. So depending on your tastes/space/budget, it might be a better choice.

Definitely the Gundam Fix 0017b Zeta Plus. I've been seriously considering getting that while I haven't thought about the other stuff. Although if the Hikaru VF-1S were on there...

I have this and it isn't that great. Its okay. But again it confirms why I only buy sellect pieces from the FIXX line and don't buy the whole series. while it has the looks the material quality is really poor. Go for the prime. If you already have a Hikaru and or a max 1/48 1A wait for a milla 1J

Definitely the Gundam Fix 0017b Zeta Plus. I've been seriously considering getting that while I haven't thought about the other stuff. Although if the Hikaru VF-1S were on there...

I have this and it isn't that great. Its okay. But again it confirms why I only buy sellect pieces from the FIXX line and don't buy the whole series. while it has the looks the material quality is really poor. Go for the prime. If you already have a Hikaru and or a max 1/48 1A wait for a milla 1J

Needless to say, it looks really cool. And when you've got like 10 or so valks, something else to display looks pretty good, even if it is only an ok toy (how many people bought the first 1/48s with all the QC problems, only to have them be re-released?).

Needless to say, it looks really cool. And when you've got like 10 or so valks, something else to display looks pretty good, even if it is only an ok toy (how many people bought the first 1/48s with all the QC problems, only to have them be re-released?).

I hear ya about the re-release.