Poll: Who wants a Yamato 1/60 Regult (battle pod)?

miriya

Yamato 1/60 Regult?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Yamato 1/60 Regult?

• YES! I have dreamed of this for years.
    • No thanks. Not interested.
    • Undecided/Stipulations...

Ok so we all want Yamato Regults, right?

1/60 scale, withe the zentraedi warrior figure that pilots it and the attachments to make the two missile versions and a scout version.

Lets tell them that we are serious and give them some numbers to go by.

Please vote and give your specific ideas here too.

Ok so we all want Yamato Regults, right?

1/60 scale, withe the zentraedi warrior figure that pilots it and the attachments to make the two missile versions and a scout version.

Lets tell them that we are serious and give them some numbers to go by.

Please vote and give your specific ideas here too.

Now I can't really say I have dreamed of this for years. But lately YES. I want them just cause they are sooooooo cool. Yamato....COME ON.....HELP US OUT HERE!!! I want some for a 1/55 scale too though :ph34r:

you love making polls don'tcha?

of course everyone wants one but graham said there is little chance if any that a toy will be made.

he said theres a possible chance with the fixed figure GN-U line which is fine by me.

Well, ever since I figured out how to make a poll, now it is very fun.

But seriously, one of the first PMs I ever made was to Graham asking if Yamato would make regults and his answer was like it always has been. But so many of here want one so that is why I thought a poll may give Yamato the incentive by letting them know how many of us would actually buy one.

Constructive whining!

I want one. I bought the Qrau, in the hope that maybe this might be like voting in support of the enemies mecha.

For me the diversity seen in SDF:m is partly what makes it so interesting. If you only make toys ofthe VF-1 of course the Variable fighter is only what you'll see in the future shows and nothing else. (like variable glaug or background destroid mecha) But imagine if gundam only had 1 robot? And the only toy were the flying space use gundams?

While transformers fans complain that they are tired of repaints, the macross fans are glad to see repaints of the same mecha. :D Now that doesn't mean I'm bashing the mecha that are popular, but while they make only the popular stuff, that it takes ages for them to come up with vf-17, vf-4, the stuff you see in macross II, high detailed destroids, green Qrau etc. Instead they are just going to remilk the vf-1 again rather than make the lesser known things like VB-6 and variable glaug which to me is interesting because it shows the richness that is contained in macross beyond space vehicles. In macross zero there were a lot of interesting other mecha beyond just the VF, like the octos and cheyenne that adds to the franchise. The underwater destroid is a pretty original idea because it sounds useful just like how the regult are when used to hide in water in SDF:macross. (do these float in water?) I wonder why the un didn't invent their own version of octos to fight zentradi under water for when they decide to hide there like the anti-un?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Would like to see the articulation (for both the Regult and pilot) and the price first.

But if both meet my expectations, then that would be an absolute YES.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to pose all his Valks aiming right at the Regult, while the Regult gives off that dejected/"Ah frak, I'm screwed...." vibe. :D

I wouldn't mind a glaug... but I have little interest in either a regult or Nousjadeul-Ger... their designs just aren't appealing enough to me. If they were priced in the sub 40 dollar market, I might be tempted but there's no way I'm paying the yamato premium for those designs.

Other than that, regults never really interested me that much.

But you see hikaru in the vf-1d waste one with his gunpod in sdf:m at the very beginning. Doesn't it have nostalgiac appeal?

When the vf-1D comes out, think of how you can display that 1/60 valk in gerwalk shooting the regult like in the show. it's all about the displays for me. I'd probably want a glaug for that same reason when hikaru fights kamjin and almost dies before kamjin is recalled back.

Same reason why 1/60 qrau is going to look good near the new 1/60 vf-1 toys. The fight scene of the two aces from dyrl can be recreated. The qrau cockpit even opens up so you can have milia slide out. :D Maybe yamato could even release a two pack: 1/60 DYRL *Qrau + 1/60 vf-1 (max type - comes with a little max jenius figure) for a cheap price. Put a scene from DYRL on the front of the box of the two fighting to remind people of the significance of the two toys being bundled together.

Then do the same with the Kamjin glaug + 1/60 hikaru vf-1 (tv series) to get people to buy the less popular mecha with the popular stuff.

Roy's battle-damaged Vf-1 would come bundled with the female zentradi grunt mecha that killed him + his "lying on the ground with a hole in his back" figurine. :D Call it the "Death of roy" bundle. The boxart wold have the image of roy lying down with blood coming out and a pineapple.

*all of the unsold Qrau can be put to good use

I reckon it would be cool considering the extra weapons packs for the ie large missile, small missile, even a variant scout model would be cool. Big, simple, hmm... would be cool... =-)

Gimmicks I'd like to see if made:

-Eyeball has to open and close.

-Ball sockets for the guns

-really flexible joints so it can "sit down"

-all the weapon add-ons

-legs should detach from the round ball (just like the cartoon where it flies off)

-zentradi giant inside it (just like opening cockpit of qrau)

-tampo printed markings

-clicky joints so it can have the legs spread apart without drooping if displayed on a stand flying

Maybe include a figure armed with a gun with the toy to make up for not being a transforming toy. Each different regult type has a slightly different pilot. A fat chunky guy with a mullet, a thin tall guy with long hair, and a short guy wit messy hair. (based on the three zentradi spies?) A fourth one could be based on the guy hkaru killed in the VF-1D trainer that died having grabbed his leg.

By the time they make the glaug, you could have kamjin ordering these 4 soldiers and complete the set.(just as you have the cannon fodder, the 1j, and 1s in the valk range.) If they wanted to milk the regult just create non-canon schemes. (pre-SW I)

Valk are really nice...

... but its kind of "boring" displaying them on some crytal shrines....

.. put some background (and some not ) figures like destroids and enemy mechas

must my opinion..

?

P.D.: Talking about milking the Regult.. how about a "shooted" Regult? With tampo of bullet holes or maybe even some fire and cracks in the hull.. just to add flavor to the scene ^^

2 years ago I would have said definitely yes, However since they didn't and a certain model crafter made some SPECTACULAR, detailed Model kits. My need for Regults has been sated. I voted undecided / stipulations because it is possible that if Yamato made it, and it was a solid product I would still buy the toy version, but they would really have to "knock the ball out of the park" with QC and paint applications to win me over for the money it would cost. Same thing happened with the monster, if they had put out the Monster they mocked up I would have been throwing money at them, instead they mothballed the project and helped turn me back in primarily a modeller over a toy collector.

• 2 weeks later...

So 54 yes and 7 no?

I am sure there are more of you with an opinion on this. Please vote. Numbers like 54 are not going to make yamato want to make a whole new product!

If you want a Yamato 1/60 Regult, then please vote here. Not that they know that this poll exists. They may or may not, I dont know. But I have a pretty strong feeling that more than 54 of you want a yamato 1/60 regult.

Please vote!

Joints have to be strong and clicky to support weight. It shouldn't rely on a stand to hold it up.

Great point there. For sure but I think it would be cool if it came with a stand as well for doing the flying regult pose with its legs up behind it.

Is Yamato actually checking now this forums?

Graham might be able to pass on all the beefs people have, but they would be wise to check once in a while imo.

For example the megazone 23 replacement shoulder: people find out about that stuff on this board, and when the shoulders break: the complaints will appear here. This is free feedback about what needs to be fixed so they can keep improving.

Same thing with toynami vf-1 1/100 breakages of the stands. When these broke, people were pissed enough to want to post about it. Again this offers a chance to quickly improve on later releases until there is no issues.

In short: We are the guinea pigs. :D They can benefit from complaints/early issues by spying.

But really: wallets/your money are more important guages of whether things are going to get made. Unless people commit to buying, it's going to be interpreted as lack of interest and then nobody will take the risk. (so you see vf-1 redone all the time and nothing else)

Yes!

Imagine the variants. Maybe sell them in two packs or something, too. I'd have to have 2 or 3 regular ones, at least one scout, and at least one missile launching regult.